Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#2476 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 7:50 PM
I do wonder how easy it would be to decide what wild animals will show up in a world. This is assuming it's even possible to force certain animals to show up, or not show up.

The reason I ask is some worlds may have a theme, or is supposed to resemble a real life place. Different places tend to have a different selection of wild animals. For example, in the U.S. there are no wild cougars or cheetahs, as far as I know.

- Ben
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2477 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 7:56 PM
Cougars are definitely in the United States. They are found in the wilderness on the western side of the country, I know for sure in California. Cheetahs are mostly found in Africa.
http://www.ehow.com/info_8712569_di...ar-cheetah.html

I do see what you are talking about BenCo, but I think I read that wild animals will be specific to the placed spawners in the world. So I don't know how much control can come from that. At least until the brainiacs come up with a solutions.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#2478 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
But still, every world has that smaller or bigger town centre with the shops, leisure and work rabbitholes... Wild horses and deers in the middle of Sunset Valley's or Twinbrooks' town centre? I just wish we would've had some more control over the big wild animals' spawning.

EDIT: @SimGuruGraham You say that wild horses prefer to be at the edges of town. Is that for every town or just for Apaloosa Plains?
His answer:
SimGuruGraham wrote:

Wild horses prefer spending time in more remote lots such as the fishing holes, small parks, beaches, etc. Those tend to be on the outskirts of the world; if your world has those types of lots in a more centralized location than they'll be more visible in your town.

Ah, well this is better! What a relief!

I get wet when EA make things right.
Lab Assistant
#2479 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Wild horses prefer spending time in more remote lots such as the fishing holes, small parks, beaches, etc. Those tend to be on the outskirts of the world; if your world has those types of lots in a more centralized location than they'll be more visible in your town.[/I]

Ah, well this is better! What a relief!

I'm thinking that in the central parks and things we can use those gnomes, so hopefully we can ward certain pets away. It would be awesome if there was a sort of paint in CAW that says where wild deer & horses would appear. /wishful thinking
Instructor
#2480 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I get wet when EA make things right.

The only time EA ever made something horribly wrong was with the TS3 Basegame, the EPs so far have been amazing and I have a feeling Pets will be the pinnacle.

2 weeks and 4 days left (sings I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones)
Field Researcher
#2481 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 11:17 PM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 30th Sep 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Ready for my next creation? Here's Balto!

Balto is from the 1995 movie from Amblimation. Balto is based on a true story. Although Balto was the lead dog in the last leg, he was hailed a hero. He was not half wolf, but a Siberian Husky. However another lead sled dog named Togo covered the longest, most grueling leg of the journey but because he was not the last dog he was cast aside in favour of Balto and didn't gain the fame Balto received. Here is my tribute to what should've been the true hero of this event, Togo.

Gonna attempt my first horse next.

Update: Or not. My first attempts are horrible.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Mad Poster
#2482 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 12:16 AM
I received an animal with the beard in a new demo game; presumably all Unicorns in the real game will have this beard.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
#2483 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I received an animal with the beard in a new demo game; presumably all Unicorns in the real game will have this beard.

It's like a second horn. The animal should be called a bihorn.
Test Subject
#2484 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 12:59 AM
That's like a goatee. xD
Goat!corn?
Mad Poster
#2485 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 1:31 AM
Can't wait to get a slider mod that can allow me to make giraffe dogs and slug dogs.
Top Secret Researcher
#2486 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Can't wait to get a slider mod that can allow me to make giraffe dogs and slug dogs.

I think making a giraffe from a horse would be easier.
Lab Assistant
#2487 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 2:30 AM
:stares at beard: Ya know, it does look like a goatee. I kinda was imagining a unicorn beard kinda like, I don't know, an actual beard? Though, it does look like the unicorn in the Unicorn Tapestries... :shrugs:
Eminence Grise
#2488 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 30th Sep 2011 at 3:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
So I am terrified, I don't want my poor animals to look this way...

Pets, just like sims, will look better in Create-A-Household (as we now call it ) than in game. It's not so much a matter of lighting as of textures. Textures take up memory. In CAH, practically the ONLY textures that have to be loaded into memory are the ones on the sim/creature you're editing, so the game can use the highest-resolution textures it has (those take up the most space). In-game, every object in the scene is taking up memory with its textures, so at best it will load mid-resolution textures.

Exactly how much difference there is will depend on your graphics settings and computer specs, though. So if you have a high end graphics card with a lot of memory and graphics options set to max quality, your in-game animals will look a lot more similar to CAH than if you don't. You certainly can't assume that somebody ELSE'S screenshot will represent what you will see on your computer.

That is why MTS requires in-game screens of CAS CC, btw. What you see in CAS does not fully represent the actual product.

Quote: Originally posted by emino
I think making a giraffe from a horse would be easier.

http://vicarious-sims.blogspot.com/...ge-giraffe.html

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I think I read that wild animals will be specific to the placed spawners in the world. So I don't know how much control can come from that. At least until the brainiacs come up with a solutions.

There are two kinds of wild animals.

Horses, unicorns, deer, raccoons, and stray cats and dogs are basically the animal version of service sims or NPCs. They can be interacted with, and in some cases they can be "adopted" if you make friends with them. They do not come from spawners, hence the mystery of how they would be placed in the world. These are the critters that turn up in the Test World.

And then there are the "minor pets": reptiles, rodents, birds. These are basically like beetles, butterflies, and fish, except that they actually have two motives and more interactions. They come from spawners. EA has said that these guys will turn up in all worlds too, including custom ones, which means there must be some kind of spawner auto-placement for existing worlds. Still also a mystery how THAT will work. You can see the spawners for these guys in BuyDebug in the Test World, and you can place them, but the meshes for the critters aren't there yet.

Quote: Originally posted by Splatedpumpkin
It would be awesome if there was a sort of paint in CAW that says where wild deer & horses would appear. /wishful thinking

From what SimGuruRyan said, it looks like it's lot zoning, which you have total control over. If there's a small park in the center of town where you don't want wild horses to spawn, just rezone it as a large park, and so on.

Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
I do wonder how easy it would be to decide what wild animals will show up in a world. This is assuming it's even possible to force certain animals to show up, or not show up.

For the larger animals, Shimrod's already modded the code that places em, so we know it's moddable

For the minor animals, on lots, it would be easy to delete the spawners for the ones you don't want. If spawners are auto-placed in the world though, you have a different problem :/ No idea how this would work, maybe Sims MX or Shimrod does from code diving *hint hint*

I agree that it would be a great way to customize a world... for instance, Egypt should have a lot of lizards and snakes, but France should have a lot of rodents... for birds, maybe parrots in Egypt and falcons in France... something along those lines

Quote: Originally posted by Kimia no Tama
:stares at beard: Ya know, it does look like a goatee. I kinda was imagining a unicorn beard kinda like, I don't know, an actual beard? Though, it does look like the unicorn in the Unicorn Tapestries... :shrugs:

Unicorn beards ARE goat beards: "The unicorn is a legendary animal from European folklore that resembles a white horse with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead, and sometimes a goat's beard." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn
Instructor
#2489 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:56 AM Last edited by anie_1981 : 30th Sep 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Well I don't like mythical creatures like vampires, mumies, unicorns, yeti or other stuff like this... but unicorn was already usefull for me. I manage to create a zebra, with unicorn's tail... Now the horse looks almost like zebra :D

EDIT:

I have copied Sunset Valley.world to the Demo, and I could play in SV Without the people of SV it's not so funny. But I could see the horses running in Goth's backyard :P

Field Researcher
#2490 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 4:23 PM
Since people are eventually going to ask me, I went ahead and made Jenna. Now everyone should be happy happy Me too, 'cause I don't like the movie that much compared to everyone else.

Jenna is from the 1995 movie, Balto from Amblimation. Jenna is Balto's mate and her legs are skinny as hell (I'm sorry to say). She's the fastest pet to be created because I used Balto as the base and changed her markings and head shape from there. I tried to make her a little more 'girly' but in real life there's no 'girly' looking dogs so too bad.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Test Subject
#2491 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 7:47 PM
Don't know what to do
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I deleted the file in the DCCache folder that starts with "missing.File .dxp or something -or-other" (sorry I can't remember the exact name as someone in this thread suggested. I had already uninstalled the CAP demo.
i also deleted 2 files in World Caches , there were 2 new files there (buildmode_test_venkat_sims.package - delete these also- then i deleted the exported items i had created in CAP just to be sure, and i clicked on my game and the launcher came up and all my downloads came up too!

I could not find a DCCache folder or a WorldCaches file and my sims is still crashing. What should I do?
Mad Poster
#2492 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 8:48 PM
Edenrogel, did you look in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folder? That is where the DCCache and WorldCache folders are.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2493 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:15 AM
I'm locking this thread as it has got a bit long!

Please continue the discussion here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3656100

If you wish to discuss the Create-a-Pet demo tool and Twallan's Jailbreak mod, please post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3656099

If you wish to post images of your pets/ Create-a-Pet demo, please post here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456751
Locked thread
Page 100 of 100