Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 8:26 PM Last edited by lmburda : 14th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, University Life
Default TS3: CC won't load (been problem-solving for 2 days)
I downloaded a lot of CC/Mods a couple days ago.

I installed them, tried to run my game and the game wouldn't start at all. I manually downloaded 1.67 update (I know, I'm really behind) since the Launcher is garbage, but that didn't help. I dragged the Downloads/Mods folders out, tried to run, no avail. After restarting my computer, and the game started, but took hours and hours to load.

I pulled out some of nrass mods, thinking it might have been funky scripting mods, and now the game loads faster, but only some of the CC shows up in CAS.

I'm pulling out my hairs over here.

Update: Now none of my fucking CC/mods will load.

Running OSX 10.9.4, TS3 1.67.2.024001 through Origin.
EPs: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, High End Loft Stuff, Supernatural, University Life
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:06 PM
@nitromon "CC" means "Custom Content" - some users refer to CC and/or Mods as third-party downloads from the community ("mods mods" as in game-modifications included or not), others for Store stuff, others for everything they download and install into the game. Depends from user to user.

For OP: I would recommend you to read this and this.

(For the second link, I'm aware your game is not crashing, but it mentions as a game problem slow loading times so it is a good read.)

as a personal tip, avoid installing huge batches of random CC. Sort them by creator, or type (i.e., objects, clothes, etc) and divide them in folders and go testing them slowly.

I'd recommend you to run Delphy's Dashboard for your package files, and the sims3pack cleaner for your... err... sims3packs, but don't know if you want to run Windows-applications on your MAC.

Also, it's important to be aware that after installing too much CC ("too much" varies from PC to PC. For some is 500 packages, for others 100) your game loading will get slower and slower, especially if you use package files. You could try merging them, read more here. MAC-specific tips over here.

If I start my game with all my 40000+ packages enabled, it loads pretty quickly. The worst loading time I get is the first black screen when one launches the game. In some good days, and with all those packages installed, the game loads miraculously in less than 5 minutes; sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes or more. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soundtracks
@nitromon "CC" means "Custom Content" - some users refer to CC and/or Mods as third-party downloads from the community ("mods mods" as in game-modifications included or not), others for Store stuff, others for everything they download and install into the game. Depends from user to user.

For OP: I would recommend you to read this and this.

(For the second link, I'm aware your game is not crashing, but it mentions as a game problem slow loading times so it is a good read.)

as a personal tip, avoid installing huge batches of random CC. Sort them by creator, or type (i.e., objects, clothes, etc) and divide them in folders and go testing them slowly.

I'd recommend you to run Delphy's Dashboard for your package files, and the sims3pack cleaner for your... err... sims3packs, but don't know if you want to run Windows-applications on your MAC.

Also, it's important to be aware that after installing too much CC ("too much" varies from PC to PC. For some is 500 packages, for others 100) your game loading will get slower and slower, especially if you use package files. You could try merging them, read more here. MAC-specific tips over here.

If I start my game with all my 40000+ packages enabled, it loads pretty quickly. The worst loading time I get is the first black screen when one launches the game. In some good days, and with all those packages installed, the game loads miraculously in less than 5 minutes; sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes or more. )

Thanks for responding! I'm not really sure how to run them on my mac, I don't want to bootcamp because that just slows everything down so much (at least it did on an old desktop of ours). The lag time and the weird crashing that was happening makes sense for corrupt files, but do you think that could also be the cause of the CC not showing up?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:49 PM
I really have never used a MAC with Sims, so I'm definitely not the savviest user for this, but this link might be helpful - if none of these options convince you, then might recommendation is the option of downloading small batches of CC, and go testing them to see how the game reacts.

As for CC not showing up... well since some does shows up for you, I'm guessing there is no problem with the installation of the CC itself.

But now that I'm thinking about it... maybe it's CC hair that it's not showing up for you? I remember a couple of MAC users stating they had trouble making CC hair show up.

Sorry to not be of much help, but if you remember what is the CC that is not showing up and you got a link, you could paste it here and I'll try it in my game if it shows up