Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 5:14 PM
Default Sims 3 Church Service!
Anyone ever try running a church service before? My parties on Sunday at my church usually end up in debauchery (i.e. excessive dancing and eating).
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 5:49 PM
Probably because you're throwing the church service events as parties? I'm unaware of any religious service mods, but you never know.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 12:32 AM
"Excessive dancing and eating." Sounds about right from what I recall.

All you need now is a Vicar (if you don't already have one). Courtesy of Cinderellimouse:
https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.co...rian-and-baker/
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:38 AM
I'm not sure what happens on a lot with the Vicar nitromon. I remembered where I had seen that career mod when reading about the debauchery in the OPs post. I have it bookmarked to check those out in a later game. It would be interesting to see how they work.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:55 AM
I built a religious meetinghouse for First Parish in Sunset Valley. It's an unprogrammed meeting. Sims (other than my active ones) simply come and sit quietly in the pews for a while, and then leave at apparently random times. Getting them to do anything else would probably be challenging. Once in a while a Sim, perhaps moved by some inward light, will speak. But usually not.
Inventor
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
All you need now is a Vicar (if you don't already have one). Courtesy of Cinderellimouse:
https://simsinthewoods.wordpress.co...rian-and-baker/

Thanks for sharing that link, I had no idea Cinderellimouse had such nice mods hosted elsewhere.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:58 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 3rd Mar 2015 at 10:29 AM.
When you gave the "give lecture" prompt, did the Sims standing around take notes? I've noticed that when I use the podium outside of the University world, Sims still take notes.
That would be okay I guess in a church, taking notes on the sermon is a sure fire way to not have the "I didn't know" excuse.

I have a church build that I created back when, now I'm getting more interested in trying out that Vicar career with a non-active. My own Sims certainly aren't qualified for that profession ; )

You're welcome Arsil.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:20 AM
Hi All,

I installed cinderellimouse's Vicar mod and built a church for my sim to work in. However, I did not install the full fledged career mod that changes the way careers work in the game, because I like how they work in the game. Anyone know how to get my sim to work at the church I built instead of at the civic center?

Thanks
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 12:51 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Sep 2018 at 7:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by troshalom
Hi All,

I installed cinderellimouse's Vicar mod and built a church for my sim to work in. However, I did not install the full fledged career mod that changes the way careers work in the game, because I like how they work in the game. Anyone know how to get my sim to work at the church I built instead of at the civic center?

Thanks

Which full fledged career mod that changes the way careers work in the game are you referring to? There are two possibilities here that are requirements for the career in question, but neither one really does what you have described.

Zerbu's Ultimate Career Mod -- This doesn't change anything at all about other careers. It only affects those which you designate specifically as a Zerbu career. It takes a career, again limited to only those so designated, and makes it so that sims can progress through it by doing activities on screen at the career site that the player has provided for them to do instead of needing to disappear into the accompanying rabbit hole. It's sort of a Do It Yourself kit for on-screen careers but has no effect on those that are still run the standard EA way.

NRaas Careers Mod -- This one is essentially a loader for all custom careers, schools, and homeworld universities, they won't show up in the game without it. The mod does not change anything about existing careers, schools, and universities on its own.

I suspect, but am not sure, that you might be talking about NRaas StoryProgression and its SP Career add-on module, but that one is not required and not discussed on the linked pages.