Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:22 AM
I started a new game with Agnes Crumplebottom because I was curious about her ghost husband. She ended up seducing him one night and eventually had twin girls (one a ghost, one a human) and then dumped his sorry butt. Realizing that looking after two babies leaves NO time to work on her budding writing career she decided to look for a live man to have around the house. A quick call on the phone and the repairman showed up to fix her plumbing (wink wink). He decided it would be a good idea to hang out with one of the kids and watch TV in Agnes' room while she was exhausted and trying to sleep so she asked him to leave and he proceeded to head off to mystery invisible house WITH HER CHILD. Frantic about the possible loss of her child forever, Agnes invited Repair man over again and invites him to move in with her and live happily ever after. Still no little girl though. So Agnes does what any angry mother would do and builds a picket fence around her boyfriend and fills it with dirty dishes just to make him all the more miserable. When he finally did die of starvation Agnes ran over to laugh at him, forgetting about her hotdogs on the grill. A fire erupts and Agnes and her neighbor call the fire department and they send some totally smoking fireman down to save Agnes' life. She repays him with woohoos which ends up with more babies so he quickly marries her and moves them to a more spacious house. While they were getting married the missing daughter popped up suddenly at the front door and I guess she was in some magical different-time land because after being back home for a few hours she aged up to a child while her ghostly twin is still a toddler.

I meant for this to be way shorter :/
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:45 AM
My sim, Jason Knight, just recently got married to Stiles MacGraw (now Stiles Knight) and I had to have Stiles buy the trait changer lifetime happiness reward in order to change him from a loner and neat freak. I don't know how Stiles even managed to make any friends (let alone my character) when he hated being around people. Jason can be happy fishing, gardening, painting, writing novels or playing with the water sprinkler all day long, but he does enjoy time with his husband, too. Stiles already had the loves outdoors and artistic traits so I just changed neat and loner to virtuoso and green thumb and now he's happily fishing, playing guitar, painting, gardening and writing novels, too.
Instructor
#28 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
I only have the one sim right now. Her name is Charlotte Green, she loves the outdoors, is Friendly, a Bookworm, Lucky and a Natural cook..yeah, no bad traits but she is my test sim. When I first started playing she had $3000 left in the bank after buying a furnished home so I kept her unemployed to skill build. Charlotte loves the outdoors and she is a natural cook so I worked on her cooking skill and fishing skill and because she is a bookworm..she can read about both extra quickly! She is dating skinny geeker Cycl0n3 Sw0rd, who is adorable(and Rich) and hopefully will move in with him soon (although I can't seem to get an ask to move in interaction, im guessing they have to marry?) She has just embarked on the culinary career and umm..thats all she is doing at the moment

^_^
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa
She is dating skinny geeker Cycl0n3 Sw0rd, who is adorable(and Rich) and hopefully will move in with him soon (although I can't seem to get an ask to move in interaction, im guessing they have to marry?)

Took me coupla tries to figure it out: you have to take the friendly root to make it happen. High relationship level dosen't seem to matter all that much, you can have your good (best) friend move in with you as long as you keep friendly conversation and interactions going for a while. Looks like the same doesn't apply for romantic ones.
Btw, how rich are we talking about? 'Cause I saw that guy around town and he's not so hard on the eye

As for my sim Haley (I, too, only have one so far), she spend half a day sitting in a car parked outside the stadium. Got in to return home from work and just stuck there. Traffic from hell? lol I was afraid I'd have to go back to the previous save if she didn't eventually got out around 3AM - hungry, super smelly and all around moody. Good thing she doens't have kids yet...

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:21 PM
I had a ton of fun with my game today. Whilst playing my green-fingered, green-skinned Sim, Leaf I found out two of my other Sims had got engaged to one another. I had Leaf gossip to a friend, partly for the relationship boost and partly because I love the fact the gossip is always about other Sims, and the little text box informed me Casey and Padraig had just got engaged! I was planning on keeping them as mix-matched housemates, but apparently they were just right for one another.

More suprises came when I switched to their household, and found Casey heavily pregnant and rushing to hospital. NOW I see the appeal of this game. :D
Field Researcher
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:11 AM
I've been playing so much! I created a test sim named Jennifer who proceeded to steal Gunther Goth away from Cornelia. Gunther and Mortimer moved in with her and she had two kids with Gunther - Olivia and Nathaniel. Nathaniel is an insane, evil neurotic whose girlfriend is an insane kleptomaniac. Match made in heaven. Gunther is dead now and Jennifer is an elder.

Morty married Bella and had Cassandra and then another girl who I just went ahead and named Alexandra because I could! I moved Don Lothario from Riverview into Sunset Valley and he's good friends with teenage Cassie right now. I created Nina, Dina, and their parents and Don proceeded to knock up N&D's mom, Nighat. Nighat and Flamenco divorced and Don is shacking up with Nighat and getting to know the twins. He's not too thrilled about impending fatherhood, though.

I created two roommates, Tristan Stewart and Chloe Winters. I moved them into a house and then went to play another lot. Read the paper and found out Chloe drowned at the local pool. Tristan went ahead and married my created Claire Charming. Instead of a dog, I gave Claire a daughter named Luna. And when I wasn't playing her lot (and before her marriage) she went ahead and managed to get herself another baby named Nora. I assume Nora was adopted because she has no father. :lol;

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
akksgurl: no more Dean<3 ?

Eliza was an adorable cute toddler, unfortunately, cuteness didn't last. She grew up into a bit chubby kid, and into a much worst teen. Poor thing, even her dad was shocked , oh, and the best part, at this point, he had not even seen her face
Eliza's traits are brave, good, slob and never nude .
This is Eliza post teen makeover, decided to take the nerdy look to the extreme. It would have been better if there would have been shirt/cardigan combinations, but there were none. Both Ruby and Heinrich also had their birthday at the same time as Eliza. The celebration was held at the Gazebo, and it rocked.

Well, her parent's love her to no end, regardless of looks. Eliza's childhood was great, she spent a lot of time with her parents as she had no friends of her own age.

School never was easy on her even thou she always worked hard. Keeping her fun and social was kind of hard. Her parent's had brought her tons of toys which she barely played with, instead she spent quite a lot of time playing chess or doing other fun things with her parents.

Ruby finally managed to perform in the school, and got payed 500 simoleans for her trouble. Eliza has also gotten her fare share of opportunities. The first one was to write some report on the grocery store, but by the time they went there, it was past six in the evening, and she missed the deadline by 20 minutes. The opportunity was a one time thing, and valid only for that one day. Her next challenge was to go and see a free game in the stadium, her parent's took her there, and while she was watching the game, her parents were trying out the amateur olympics. Neither won anything. After the game, mom went to work, while dad and Eliza spent the day in the pool . After turning into teen, Eliza has gotten one opportunity, it was to go and work for one day in the corporate building.

Even thou Eliza will inherit the farm one day, she will not be working the farm as a farm, but will have a proper job.

Heinrich got 1300 simoleans for delivering the perfect products to the lady. The local restaurant also wanted him to be their main supplier and needed 20 exceptional products, which Heinrich delivered. The restaurant owner taught him to grow cheese and eggs, and to come back for other challenges when he's a level 9 farmer. He's now a level nine farmer, can grow cheese but not eggs, and the restaurant has no option to apply for other challenges. Ruby quit her job, the good thing about a part time job is that you only need to work 3 hours, the bad thing, is that you cannot retire. Money is tight as I split a tiny part from the main bedroom and made it to a room for Eliza, I think they might have something like 1000 simoleans, and that's only because Eliza got 500 from her day at work. Eliza has no romantic interest with anybody, heck she doesn't even have friends, but I'm hoping she and the young Bob Newbie would end up together one day.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM
I love my Sims. After making a few games, and heavily playing the first household for about 4 days I felt like it was too easy and wanted a challenge..so I made a sorority house! It's full of 8 female Sims bursting with personality :D

Ticia just got a promotion at work for sucking up to the boss, and celebrated by getting a facial.

Aiden took a guitar lesson and decided she wants to be a rock star criminal, having only one job bores her.

Alexa had a nice time at the library reading her new book, but is back to panicking now that she's at home with the rest of the girls, she hates crowds!

Alanna came home after getting a raise at her journalism job and proceeded to have a stimulating conversation with herself and then went to bed in her ball gown.

Vanessa increased her athletic skill at work today and was relieved to not have to clean this time since they finally hired a maid.

Katie did a favor for her boss today and got a raise for being so dependable. To celebrate she went home and scared one of the girls half to death, and she is no doubt reliving the wonderful moment in her dreams.

Bai isn't having a good day. She managed to impress her coworkers quite a bit but now she's burned herself out.

Meg is upset because she spent all night cooking and never even had time to eat any of it herself since she was so overcome with sleepiness. She never even had time to take a shower, poor thing.

Due to not having much start up money since I don't like using cheats (I just turn off aging and give them epic life spans), I have them all sleeping in one room and they have to share a bathroom. It's like sharing a giant cabin at summer camp, it's hilarious watching them interact with each other.
Inventor
#34 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM Last edited by Nekonyami : 7th Jun 2011 at 6:33 AM.
Here's what's happening in Lilly Town....

My self sim is an elder and living with a friend, also an elder. She was married to and had a baby with another one of my friends, who is dead, and the baby, named Elijah (the game named him and I kept the name because I liked it) is now an adult. He is living with the Weasleys.

Which brings me to the Weasley family. Yes, from Harry Potter. Ron and Hermione are married and are elders. They had Rose and Hugo and they are both adults. Hugo is supposed to fall in love with Jessica Rabbit but I haven't worked on that much. Rose had a baby with Elijah and I haven't named her yet, the game named her Karla but I don't like the name. I really need to get Rose to marry Elijah but she doesn't want to, thanks to her commitment issues >(

Also Harry Potter had a child with Lucy from Elfen Lied. His name is Saito and he has pink hair. He is a teen and about to become a young adult. Sadly both Harry and Lucy died of old age.

Another side story I had was Mario, Luigi from Super Mario Bros. and Mia Michaels from SYTYCD living together. Luigi died of old age, and Mia and Mario have, I believe a daughter named Joleen. She is a toddler and Mia and Mario are elders.

I also have the children of the Cullens from Twilight and the Cullens themselves. Except for Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Alice, and Rosalie who died of old age. Edward and Bella's daughter Renesmee is married to this guy named Lucifer Geraldine and they have a daughter named Emma, now a toddler.
Jasper and Alice's son Brandon married Emmett and Rosalie's daughter Amelie and had Ambrosia. She just became a teen and I'm hoping to hook her up with Saito eventually, but I don't know if it will happen because of age difference.

Which leaves me with Jacob Black, who's gay and living with a friend of mine xD They're both elders.

My neighborhood is random, no?
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:52 AM
o.O
Very interesting. Very.. insane. xD
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:53 AM
Well, I've had to restart my game thanks to a stupid glitch.

So, my new Sim is named Shelley Maxwell, and wants to master the Charisma and Guitar skills. She's doing OK, and is now looking for a Sim to settle down with and start a family. She has a part time job at the grocery store.
Inventor
#37 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:00 AM
I'm currently setting up Riverview with all my own Sim families, once I'm done with that I'll use that as a "base safe" and created different safe files for the families I wish to play.

Takes a lot of time creating and moving in the different families, and I don't want everyone to start out at 0 skill points or the lowest job level so I usually end up playing them for a few sim days. I also tend to use that time to re-design their houses.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:40 AM
I can't create my own towns. How have you done it?
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:43 AM
My sim Eliza is a young adult living in Sunset Valley. She's good-hearted and friendly but doesn't like to spend money unnecessarily. Hence, despite having made quite a bit as a gene therapist she's still living in a tiny one bedroom bungalow. She's not very graceful; she's also tripping up stairs or slipping on rugs.

Her dream is to be surrounded by a huge and loving family but this hasn't been going very successfully. She fell in love with a guy who claimed he was single but when she felt it was time to make the move to commitment, she discovered he hadn't been quite so faithful to her as she was to him! He was going steady with somebody else.

However, things are looking up. She met a genius musician called Artie Page. Despite preferring solitude, Artie took to Eliza's sweet-hearted nature immediately. They're now planning to get married on old pier beach.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
akksgurl: no more Dean<3 ?

He's back now. I couldn't find him at first.

Kaylynn Langerak and Michael Bachelor's daughter Hannah was my first sim to get herself a boyfriend without my input. Most of them just wander around and die all old and alone (like Holly Alto). At first I thought I had a game bug, but since Hannah did it I guess the rest of them just like being alone.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deep-blue-iris
I can't create my own towns. How have you done it?

You can't create new towns. Riverview is the free downloadable from the official site, and towns by any other name are just Sunset Valley/Riverview with renamed saves.
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:51 PM
Ah, thanks very much for that info, I'm no longer confused
Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:17 PM
Well, since last time!(tm) Chad and Gwen have had an interesting change of course. Gwen quit her job as a Hit Movie Composer due to the fact that she hated it, and was unable to make the friendships she needed with her picky Orchestra Members. While Gwen debated where she would go from there, Chad provided an answer for her in the form of a ring so shiny it woke up the neighbors when it shone through the window! Once engaged they promptly woohoo'd, and the next morning, Gwen had apparently promptly become pregnant, or as the sim-world would say, "Totally Preggers". Chad and Gwen are rushing to get the house ready for this new arrival, and Chad is debating whether to use his skill in the medical profession to determine the baby's gender before it arrives or to wait for the surprise!
Inventor
#44 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
In Riverview I have a rocker chick working on making a music career. Her boyfriend is the famous John Lessen. She's good friends with her boss's wife and trying to become better friends with her boss.

She lives in a small trailer next to the Broke's. Has a cow print sofa and loveseat with a matching rug lol Hopefully she'll marry John soon and move into his huge mansion.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM
Joe Chin worked hard and became a lead guitarist in the rock career. He mastered the painting and guitar skills. Was a bit disappointed that he got his LIFETIME WISH and all he got was some points and a 5 day moodlet. I am missing platinum mood, can you tell?

He started gardening and searching for seeds with the collection helper. He grew an onion plant, three lime trees, and ...i forgot. It was uncommon though. He is a level 8 gardener now and can grow rare seeds so will be trying that.

Now he's into finding gems to be cut, and is spending his retirement gathering them up. Soon he will grow old and my beloved ghosthunter will be a ghost himself. *sighs*
Field Researcher
#46 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:52 PM
Right now I'm a bit scared to play, because I have too many children and they're driving me a bit nuts. :P
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:32 PM
Shelley Maxwell married Gage somethingorother (forgot his surname). Anyway, they've just had triplet girls (both wanted a boy) and now I'M too scared to go back into the game because triplets seem a nightmare to me!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:49 PM
In Riverview I have my first gen heir called Lilly who just married this kid called Demond Crosby, who is evil and horrible, whilst Lilly is sweet like sugar (it's only slightly sickening)

Anywho, I've been TRYING to get them pregnant all night but to no avail, so I've decided that Lilly is going to get it on with the black cop who resides in Riverview (Craig or Greg or... something) and have kids with him. He's family oriented, friendly and brave, so I think he's a MUCH better match.

Yay for sims 3!
Instructor
#49 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoanneDyer
Btw, how rich are we talking about? 'Cause I saw that guy around town and he's not so hard on the eye

Not too rich if you move him in with you The game lied!! He only brought $5000! I think the money was in the house and well...he left that..but he is easy on the eye...I buffed him up because he was very skinny! :p

^_^
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoanneDyer
Took me coupla tries to figure it out: you have to take the friendly root to make it happen. High relationship level dosen't seem to matter all that much, you can have your good (best) friend move in with you as long as you keep friendly conversation and interactions going for a while. Looks like the same doesn't apply for romantic ones.

My sim, Chloe Bloom (I wrote about her earlier in this thread) married Cycl0n3 Sw0rd, so now he is Cycl0n3 Bloom. He brought about $8k to the household. Not bad, but not loaded either. I like him, but his voice is too high pitched for my liking.
Page 2 of 161