Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:06 PM
Oh yeah, Relativity is great. You can use it to practically freeze time.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 7:07 PM
I set relativity to 23, this gives them time to use the bathroom AND eat before school.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 7:17 PM
The default speed, I think, is 37. I think I have mine set at 21 for regular gameplay, 9 for weekends and vacations (TS3 holidays are almost as good as the real thing, especially with the vacation houses and custom music playlists) and 4 for when I want to film a scene several times without major changes in lighting.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#79 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Try Relativity from NRAAS. It won't help with interactions, but the time factors become much better.

I don't understand this mod at all so I don't use it I am sorry.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
I don't understand this mod at all so I don't use it I am sorry.

This video might help you understand. It did for me.
Scholar
#81 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 8:48 PM
"Imply TS3 is a Llama". I would rather see it as a "troll" and I will soon tell you why. This is what happen during my play session today...

1. I, or more my sim, did get a mission to make a meal and deliver it to an other household. Ok, now I got a problem. In TS2 and TS4 it is possible to make a single meal but all interactions I get whit the stove and the fridge in TS3 is "Eat" and "Serve". So I did make a group meal and was able to cancel the action before the woman had take any of it. Then I struggled to get the food into her inventory. Finally I made it work but I could not put it in the familys inventory. OK, off she went but no, she could NOT deliver the food to the other sim. The game claimed that all needes things was not in her inventory. What? she had a complete pie in the inventory and you say NO? Scumbag game... I made her drop that stupid mission.

2. It was wintertime in the world and the entire family got a want to decorate the hause whit some fairy lights. OK, that would not be a problem if this stupid fairy lights was avalible in buy mode. Id did look through the catalogs 5 times but there were no fairy lights! OK, forgett about that then! My guess is that this lights are some TS3 store objects that someone happen to drop a notice about ingame to make players download (and pay) for them. Scumbag EA.

3. I use to jump around if I have my sims spread out in the world and now I had a sim at the theatre. As this took some time I jumped back home again and I directed one of the sims there to call up a sim she just met. Ok, she did the call. Now the symphony was over so I juped back again and did see my sim come out. A few moments later I did see my newest sim Else-Mary on the sidewalk. She did not use her cellphone. Me: "But did'nt I just tell Tamara to call you?" . Jupmped back to the homelot again. Yes, Tamara was still on phone talking to Else-Mary. Me: "OK, so you are on phone talking to her but she's not talking to you?". Funny game is'nt it? Not! OK, this things happens but I did not think it was THAT obvious.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 9:48 PM
What's it called when you refer to someone else in the first person? I've been debating for years whether it makes sense to refer to my Sim's actions as my own. If my Sim goes to the beach, so do I because I'm there to control them. It's a video game and there is no beach, it's just a simulation, but I've yet to meet anyone who'd make a point of that.

So let's say I go to the beach, and then my Sim jumps into the water and gets in a fist fight with a shark. Did I just get eaten by a shark? Or did I watch someone else get eaten by a shark? It can't be me, because I'm sitting here not being chewed on by a very large fish, but it couldn't be possibly somebody else because nobody else is dumb enough to fight a shark without at least bringing some sort of weapon.
Except my Sim, of course, who was only following my commands and nobody else listens to me when I make all their decisions for them. So clearly it has to be me to some degree.

insert signature here
Scholar
#83 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
"Imply TS3 is a Llama". I would rather see it as a "troll" and I will soon tell you why. This is what happen during my play session today...

1. I, or more my sim, did get a mission to make a meal and deliver it to an other household. Ok, now I got a problem. In TS2 and TS4 it is possible to make a single meal but all interactions I get whit the stove and the fridge in TS3 is "Eat" and "Serve". So I did make a group meal and was able to cancel the action before the woman had take any of it. Then I struggled to get the food into her inventory. Finally I made it work but I could not put it in the familys inventory. OK, off she went but no, she could NOT deliver the food to the other sim. The game claimed that all needes things was not in her inventory. What? she had a complete pie in the inventory and you say NO? Scumbag game... I made her drop that stupid mission.

2. It was wintertime in the world and the entire family got a want to decorate the hause whit some fairy lights. OK, that would not be a problem if this stupid fairy lights was avalible in buy mode. Id did look through the catalogs 5 times but there were no fairy lights! OK, forgett about that then! My guess is that this lights are some TS3 store objects that someone happen to drop a notice about ingame to make players download (and pay) for them. Scumbag EA.

3. I use to jump around if I have my sims spread out in the world and now I had a sim at the theatre. As this took some time I jumped back home again and I directed one of the sims there to call up a sim she just met. Ok, she did the call. Now the symphony was over so I juped back again and did see my sim come out. A few moments later I did see my newest sim Else-Mary on the sidewalk. She did not use her cellphone. Me: "But did'nt I just tell Tamara to call you?" . Jupmped back to the homelot again. Yes, Tamara was still on phone talking to Else-Mary. Me: "OK, so you are on phone talking to her but she's not talking to you?". Funny game is'nt it? Not! OK, this things happens but I did not think it was THAT obvious.

1. With the meal in your inventory, click the button "deliver meal to [sim]" when you see target sim, click on them to interact there will be a bright yellow button that says "deliver meal to [sim]"

2. Click on the front door, there is an option to enable lights. You can choose color and/or type. My sims always forget to take them down.

3. You can't phone people that are in your household. If the target sim is a townie, you'll find them doing all sorts of things when your sim is supposedly on the phone with them. Just the way things are.
Instructor
#84 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 6:24 AM
Forced actions courtesy of the University Life expansion.
I am quite capable of directing my sims, thank you very much.

My orders: Wake up, shower, eat and perhaps study a bit before you have to leave for class.
University: *cancels everything* YOU SHALL GO TO CLASS TWO HOURS AHEAD OF TIME.
Me: Damn it. Fine. Go to the diner after your class is over, then.
University: YOU SHALL NOT GO TO THE DINER! YOU SHALL GO HOME.

And on and on and on! WHY was there never a mod to crush this utterly infuriating system!?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#85 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 10:33 AM
I'm just trying to figure out why clicking on the very thristy moodlet for vampires makes my sim get a stupid salad and not plasma juice. Really EA...?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#86 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Forced actions courtesy of the University Life expansion.
I am quite capable of directing my sims, thank you very much.

My orders: Wake up, shower, eat and perhaps study a bit before you have to leave for class.
University: *cancels everything* YOU SHALL GO TO CLASS TWO HOURS AHEAD OF TIME.
Me: Damn it. Fine. Go to the diner after your class is over, then.
University: YOU SHALL NOT GO TO THE DINER! YOU SHALL GO HOME.

And on and on and on! WHY was there never a mod to crush this utterly infuriating system!?

Especially awful for 8 AM classes.
Scholar
#87 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
1. With the meal in your inventory, click the button "deliver meal to [sim]" when you see target sim, click on them to interact there will be a bright yellow button that says "deliver meal to [sim]"

I did try that. I went to the sim that the food was supposed to be delivered to but I could not deliver. When I clicked the yellow button the game claimed that all needed things wasn't in the inventory. But thank you for the input on the other two things.
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:07 AM
My biggest "imply Sims3 is a Llama" issue has to be when I'm trying to place a lot, it snaps to touch the road, and the game tells me that I can't place lots on roads. Why??? WHY?????????
Mad Poster
#89 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 2:55 PM
What is with this game and spawning only fat sims? Everywhere I go there's a tugboat. No wonder my Vamp eats so many stupid salads when I click on the very thirsty moodlet.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#90 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:52 PM
There is something perverse in this game. Whenever you want 2 Sims to get together and not directly orchestrate it yourself with micro management, they always find other partners. I specifically surrounded one female Sim with 3 gorgeous and eligible bachelors. What happens? They each find someone else while said Sim is sitting around waiting for Mr. Right. Finally I had her pursue one of them and now he's a her "romantic interest."

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#91 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
There is something perverse in this game. Whenever you want 2 Sims to get together and not directly orchestrate it yourself with micro management, they always find other partners. I specifically surrounded one female Sim with 3 gorgeous and eligible bachelors. What happens? They each find someone else while said Sim is sitting around waiting for Mr. Right. Finally I had her pursue one of them and now he's a her "romantic interest."

Yeah... only the inactives find their own partners. I agree it's pretty annoying tmy sim won't find her own partner. Sadly the only exception to this is prom (if your sim gets paired with someone else).
Space Pony
#92 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 4:38 AM
So I've been working on a world (for ages now), finally able to playtest it. I have a big park, the festival lot and showtime park all next to each other. All 64x64 and sidewalks in between. With open areas for sims to go into each lot on all four sides of each lot. Instead of crossing over the sidewalk and going from the park lot to the festival lot. Or just walking. My sims will get a taxi, bike or drive there own car. To the lot right next to the other. (Hope that made sense)
Field Researcher
#93 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 3:31 AM
I wish ghosts were more fleshed out. They are literally just normal sims with an overlay. Why does a ghost need to take baths and use the toilet?? I really like the idea of ghosts but I wish they were more powerful and their faces are not washed out.
Scholar
#94 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 1:26 PM
Can you explain why they need to eat properly? And why playable ghosts age? I feel like if a sim dies as a teen and gets brought back through Oh My Ghost they shouldn't have to go to school, eat, shower, or graduate. I had a sim die as a teen and I was creating this great arc for his sister to bring him back through ambrosia and NGL it felt kind of pointless with him still eating and going to school and getting "stinky" moodlets.
Scholar
#95 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 6:19 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 27th Jul 2019 at 8:00 AM.
My sim had about 9K § funds and asked her best friend over. I want them to live together so I found out how it worked and the friend moved in. After that my sim's founds dropped to just 2K § What?! Did the other girl have crazy loans or what? Scumbag game! And as that was not enough my sim Zedona (who had been leveling up to stage 6 in the medical career) have to work double shifts and hardly had time to sleep! So I directed her to look for a new job. Now, my sim have been studying art at the college. But she did not have the option to become an "Art critic" (or what ever the English term is). But her friend could get the job and she hates art in general.

(Edit: For info K means 1000 in the text above.)

But at the end of the day I did learn something. The owner of the Red Velvet Lounge wanted Zedona, who had become a celebrity, to come to the bar and have o drink on the house. But It looked like they were making themselves drinks over there. I did google it and found out that the bar sections have to be replaced in order to get a mixologist to spawn. I did pick 2 of the most expensive bars available and let my sim revisit the lot. and now she could order a drink.
Scholar
#96 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM
Funny about other's games having trouble with too many fat sims. Every time I have a fat inactive they slim down in no time. I'm not sure if that's because they don't eat or if all the athletic sims are training it out of them. There always seem to be 2 or 3 training scenarios every play session.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 5:31 PM
I wish Origin/EA would update the Sims 3 to play on later Mac operating systems. I was so excited to install the base game + Ambitions the other day, but received an unknown error while trying to open the launcher. Guess I'm stuck with the Sims 2 Super Collection or Sims 4..
Page 4 of 4