Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1001 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well that's a good thing, separate disks really is the way to go. So you cut out/deleted the game made Pleasantview and the other game hood before pasting in your backup? (I didn't see what the other hood was, Strangetown?) Now I don't have the UC, but my hoods can be found under Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighbourhoods. Is it similar to that? I just want to be sure you cut and pasted in the correct place. They should all be listed in there as N001, N002 etc.

Oh yes, those were the two folders I backed up, N001 and N002. Trouble is, they still weren't seen by the "legacy" install after I finished installing them. Everything (SimPE, HoodChecker) reads them fine... except Sims 2 itself. Of course, I reinstalled the UC after getting nowhere with my "legacy" install, but the legacy install no longer works now, which doesn't surprise me - even though since everything's in different folders, I expected it to. (Launcher crashes when I try to start FreeTime, my last EP)
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#1002 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:19 AM
If you want to throw one of your neighbourhoods up on the interwebs somewhere, I can check the required game version for you. At least then you'd know for sure whether or not Store Edition is the problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#1003 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:42 PM
Is it possible to download on one computer, and install on another? 12.5GB will take weeks to download with my slow internet connection at home.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#1004 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Is it possible to download on one computer, and install on another? 12.5GB will take weeks to download with my slow internet connection at home.
Origin installs it as it's downloading. You could try copying over the files and registry entries to your computer, but it might not work, and always use extreme caution when messing with the Registry.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Test Subject
#1005 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:54 PM Last edited by shinyknightinarmor : 1st Aug 2014 at 6:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
If you want to throw one of your neighbourhoods up on the interwebs somewhere, I can check the required game version for you. At least then you'd know for sure whether or not Store Edition is the problem.

I don't have anywhere on the interwebs to put it... I have dropbox, but that won't let me upload folders. I have simPE; can you give me an idea of what to look for?

EDIT: I think this is what you're looking for. The version information resource (VERS) tells me:

0 (dtString) = The Sims TM 2 Freetime (that TM is the little TM EA likes so much)
1 (dtString) = 1.13.0.135 (The UC is 1.17.0.66)
2 (dtUInteger) = 0x00000001 (Whatever this means)

I already tried editing out the TM... didn't work. Time to toss caution to the wind and try switching the old neighborhood to the new version info... on a copy, of course. :D

EDIT: Didn't work. boy, these are stubborn.
Forum Resident
#1006 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:08 AM
Quick thing - I'm not sure if anyone else has found this, but University life seems to be missing from my UC game files... I have no idea why, and I have the University Collection disk, but I'm not sure if I should install it or not... :/

Urgh. I also can't find any sign of the other stuff packs. Is anyone else noticing similar issues?
Test Subject
#1007 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Quick thing - I'm not sure if anyone else has found this, but University life seems to be missing from my UC game files... I have no idea why, and I have the University Collection disk, but I'm not sure if I should install it or not... :/

Urgh. I also can't find any sign of the other stuff packs. Is anyone else noticing similar issues?

No.... I've got the University Life folder right there in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. If it's missing, I might suggest "Repairing" in through Origin... but be careful, if you've put in a new Graphics Rules SGR file in those two folders, repairing it will overwrite them with the old ones.
Forum Resident
#1008 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shinyknightinarmor
No.... I've got the University Life folder right there in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. If it's missing, I might suggest "Repairing" in through Origin... but be careful, if you've put in a new Graphics Rules SGR file in those two folders, repairing it will overwrite them with the old ones.

Ahhh - thank you, I might have to try and work out where it's gone... I loaded up one of my saved 'hoods which had universities in it, and it worked fine so I know it's installed, I just have no idea where the folder is in the program files... it's quite strange, maybe I didn't see it last night (it was like 2am and I have a habit of playing when I'm too tired to really think properly.) I'll check this out and update in case anyone else has had something similar.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#1009 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:20 PM
OK so I can not find where to start a new thread so here goes: download uc and it played fine for 2 days now it will not load at all. I still have my sims 2 installed on my computer, any advice on what to do, or is anyone else having problems getting it to load. It starts loading then just stops. Thank you for any advice
Field Researcher
#1010 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ddriffic
OK so I can not find where to start a new thread so here goes: download uc and it played fine for 2 days now it will not load at all. I still have my sims 2 installed on my computer, any advice on what to do, or is anyone else having problems getting it to load. It starts loading then just stops. Thank you for any advice
Put your thread in this forum, and be sure to go through these instructions first. You'll be able to get more helpful advice that way.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Lab Assistant
#1011 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:55 AM
I'm not sure if someone has said this already but I don't have Sims 2 registered on Origin and I was able to get it.

Can't believe people still read these.
Test Subject
#1012 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:22 PM
I have the ultimate collection from Origin and the only problem I have with it and can't seem to fix is my screen resolution, there is no other option except 800x600 Does anyone know how to fix this?
Space Pony
#1013 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I have the ultimate collection from Origin and the only problem I have with it and can't seem to fix is my screen resolution, there is no other option except 800x600 Does anyone know how to fix this?

That's because the game can't recognize your graphics card. I had that problem too. Just use this tutorial, and it should work fine. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
Test Subject
#1014 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
That's because the game can't recognize your graphics card. I had that problem too. Just use this tutorial, and it should work fine. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Thank you, I have a Nvidia geforce gtx 760..I will try that link and see if I can fix it!!
Undead Molten Llama
#1015 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ddriffic

Clear your caches. The file paths in the tutorial may be a little different because the UC installs a little differently, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. That usually solves most such problems. You may have to do it periodically if your game won't start.

If that doesn't work, try repairing your UC installation via Origin.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#1016 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 10:46 AM
Hi I have UC installed but I have to format my PC due to other issues (nothing to do with the game itself). Does anyone here know whether I can just install again from origin (or download and install) or do I lose the game?
Test Subject
#1017 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4
Hi I have UC installed but I have to format my PC due to other issues (nothing to do with the game itself). Does anyone here know whether I can just install again from origin (or download and install) or do I lose the game?

You can reinstall the game from Origin again and again and again. Say that in two yrs time you get a new pc, as long as you have your Origin name+password so you can get into Origin, you will still can download the UC
Scholar
#1018 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:49 PM
Oh, that explains how I got it! It was weird; I was about to reinstall my games when suddenly I see it in my Origin Library and I'm like "what is this?"
Forum Resident
#1019 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:33 AM
Uh, hi I don't know if this is the right place, or if anybody else has figured this out so, i'll just put it here
Like most, I recently downloaded the sims 2 UC and it has very poor graphics, ie. smooth edges is not available flashing screen, poor detail on the map world thingy....anyway I saw the link for Leefish's ggraphic's thingy, and I downloaded the graphic rule maker, clicked the button's appropriately ( I think) But now I can't play my game at all the only thing that comes is a box saying I don't have Directx.9.0c (attached screenshot below)

if anybody could help that'd be great, also after I finished using the graphic's rule maker I uninstalled it, would that causing nay issues to my graphics card itself (sorry I'm new to this) because seems that after I did this the recorded videos from my sims 3 game are all blurry, and they weren't before. (sorry I just want to make sure they aren't related.)

Also if it helps I have windows 8.1 and some sorta Intel graphic's card

Sincerely,
Katie
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1020 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:44 AM
I am just guessing, but it sounds like your computer is underpowered to play all the EP's and SP's that the UC contains. The very fact that it doesn't have a proper graphics card means it is too poor. Intel don't make proper graphic cards that games need, but rather tiny chips. Really Intel chips are designed for solitaire and web browsing not graphic intensive games like The Sims 2. I would see if you can upgrade. Otherwise you can try turning every graphic setting to low and turning shadows, snow and reflections off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1021 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:14 AM Last edited by gazania : 29th Oct 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
Uh, hi I don't know if this is the right place, or if anybody else has figured this out so, i'll just put it here
Like most, I recently downloaded the sims 2 UC and it has very poor graphics, ie. smooth edges is not available flashing screen, poor detail on the map world thingy....anyway I saw the link for Leefish's ggraphic's thingy, and I downloaded the graphic rule maker, clicked the button's appropriately ( I think) But now I can't play my game at all the only thing that comes is a box saying I don't have Directx.9.0c (attached screenshot below)

if anybody could help that'd be great, also after I finished using the graphic's rule maker I uninstalled it, would that causing nay issues to my graphics card itself (sorry I'm new to this) because seems that after I did this the recorded videos from my sims 3 game are all blurry, and they weren't before. (sorry I just want to make sure they aren't related.)

Also if it helps I have windows 8.1 and some sorta Intel graphic's card

Sincerely,
Katie

Let's try the easiest things first. Did you try downloading Direct X 9 on your machine? Some of the newer Direct X versions don't play nicely with games that depend on Direct X 9.

This thread had people with the same problem: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=529865

Yup. I got that message, too.

You might also want to download the Direct X redistributable file if that doesn't work: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ls.aspx?id=8109

If THAT doesn't work ... and it didn't in my case, you might have to fix the video card and graphics rules.sgr files manually. That first link should help you do that.

Joandsarah has a point, though ... your computer might not have the strength to handle Sims 2 in all its glory. You might have to play at lower settings if you can't find a fix. Your computer's life may depend on it!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#1022 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 10:09 AM
umm...... I am redownloading it and the size of the file went from: 12GB to 10.08GB!!! o.o

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lab Assistant
#1023 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilmissrain
You can reinstall the game from Origin again and again and again. Say that in two yrs time you get a new pc, as long as you have your Origin name+password so you can get into Origin, you will still can download the UC

Thank you. Sorry for late reply but I completely forgot that I had posted this question.
Page 41 of 41