Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:29 PM
Default 'Working' in a restaurant
Basically, the issue: how do I run a restaurant without allowing profit to interfare? I have a future plan for my teen: since he has a LTW to reach the top of culinary career, and for rpg purpose I want him to work in an actual restaurant while trying to fulfill is dream after he becomes an adult. I just wanna set up so that it looks like the government is "running" the restaurant (I know it doesn't sense...), while my ex-teen adult is an ordinary chef at a restaurant and not a "manager.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:51 PM
I suppose you could get another Sim to buy the restaurant in question, invite the would-be chef over or use whatever means you use to teleport/summon Sims, and then hire them. They'll need you to set their job for them, i.e. cook the food vs. hosting, cleaning, or waiting on guests; but once that's done and dusted, I think if you had a third Sim visit the restaurant, you would see the chef working away. Meanwhile, your chef Sim will actually have a carpool, and they will go to work everyday. The pay is determined by the owner, I think? Unless it just acts as a generic thing. Not really too sure on that, as I've yet to really explore OFB in-depth.

Hope this helps.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:57 PM
I'm a bit confused by
Quote:
I just wanna set up so that it looks like the government is "running" the restaurant

You can hire the teen to be chef, you can make it so he stays in school and only goes to work when you want by using the Simlogical Institution sign, but the restaurant must be owned by a playable sim if you want him to be chef.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:18 PM
If you're okay with having him in the culinary career, but want him to appear at the restaurant as chef, you can SimSurgery the existing chef to look like him. No one will be able to interact with him during his shift.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
I suppose you could get another Sim to buy the restaurant in question, invite the would-be chef over or use whatever means you use to teleport/summon Sims, and then hire them. They'll need you to set their job for them, i.e. cook the food vs. hosting, cleaning, or waiting on guests; but once that's done and dusted, I think if you had a third Sim visit the restaurant, you would see the chef working away. Meanwhile, your chef Sim will actually have a carpool, and they will go to work everyday. The pay is determined by the owner, I think? Unless it just acts as a generic thing. Not really too sure on that, as I've yet to really explore OFB in-depth.

Hope this helps.

But when I would not be able to complete his lifetime wish, but I that + at the same time, do the rpg aspect.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you're okay with having him in the culinary career, but want him to appear at the restaurant as chef, you can SimSurgery the existing chef to look like him. No one will be able to interact with him during his shift.

Thought I would like to control him. For instance, with him being in the " Dishwater" lvl, I would like him to clean dishes. I would appreciate If I can be not forced not to switch rotation of the family, meaning I don't want him to become unplayed.

To simply, I'm fine with him being the manager of the restaurant. The Only I don't want is to gain income from the customers while the restaurant runs (and as my sim works there as a chef on that chefstove-thing).
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm a bit confused by

You can hire the teen to be chef, you can make it so he stays in school and only goes to work when you want by using the Simlogical Institution sign, but the restaurant must be owned by a playable sim if you want him to be chef.

Read above ^. Just for clarification:
1)That sim/teen must be playable (preferably without switching routation)
2)And the same time, keep his Culinary career.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:40 PM
Hmm, okay. With the Batbox, you can trigger perma-plat for a Sim. So if you're interested in the RPG aspect, maybe set up 10 different hurdles he has to get over until you set him to perma-plat? You could imagine he's reached the top of the Culinary career, especially if you make the restaurant he works in rather ritzy, and change his uniform as he "levels."

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:40 PM
You can work culinary and as a chef if your sim is the owner of the restaurant. If the sim owns the business he can go work as chef as often as you want while also having a job in the maxis career. If he is due to go to the Maxis job and you want him at the restaurant, just place down the institution sign and go to the restaurant. The sign fools the game into thinking he's at work. Or you can just have him act as chef on his days off. I do this all the time. I do it with my doctor and fireman, they have a regular job and also the business.

Another way but he can't be chef is to have another sim own the business and use the Simlogical meeting controller. You enroll your sim and start meeting, he will show up fully controllable except he can't be assigned OFB rolls. I haven't tried it with assign chef so I don't know, but I do know you can't make sims sell or restock when you use the meeting controller. You could though have him study cooking (need a skill on community lot mod) make many plates of food and sell those bakery style in a chiller display. if you want him to start as a dishwasher make it so your restaurant isn't a real restaurant but rather have it use the buffet table, simwardrob buffet, uni cafeteria worker, things that generate plates to be washed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can work culinary and as a chef if your sim is the owner of the restaurant. If the sim owns the business he can go work as chef as often as you want while also having a job in the maxis career. If he is due to go to the Maxis job and you want him at the restaurant, just place down the institution sign and go to the restaurant. The sign fools the game into thinking he's at work. Or you can just have him act as chef on his days off. I do this all the time. I do it with my doctor and fireman, they have a regular job and also the business.

Another way but he can't be chef is to have another sim own the business and use the Simlogical meeting controller. You enroll your sim and start meeting, he will show up fully controllable except he can't be assigned OFB rolls. I haven't tried it with assign chef so I don't know, but I do know you can't make sims sell or restock when you use the meeting controller. You could though have him study cooking (need a skill on community lot mod) make many plates of food and sell those bakery style in a chiller display.

Did you read my bolded question? The problem is that: I don't want to get any income from the business lot.

For the roleplaying sake, I want my sim to act like a worker but not as a manager, when in reality he actually OWNS the lot xD I hope that makes sense and it isn't confusing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:52 PM
I wish you people only read the bolded part (the question) and ignored/disregarded the rest xD. I just don't wanna clutter with mods right now (less modification; more vanilla as possible), so I prefer anything that resolves my main issue unless when I ask/consult for other things to be fix upon.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 9:54 PM
I use a lot of mods and have never seen away around the money except manually. You would have to keep track of every penny earned and then use Monique's computer to donate it away. Take note of the cash amount before going and after going. Monique's computer won't allow you to do exact amount, so it will have to be close enough. You could also try the family fund cheat to minus the money, but that cheat is always a bit iffy if it will work. You can't have any other household with the same last name.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 10:00 PM
Darn it :/. I guess I'll discard the idea or just purchase the lot despite the problem. Thought, non the less - thanks to everyone for the help
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Was about the say can it be done with the SimPE program (thinking that what you suggested was a mod), before I googled what the heck is SimSurgery for curiosity For other situations (not with this or maybe along with him) I use'd that method, cause it really adds that little bit touch to the game. Thought would that change the look of the sim for that particular npc in the particular neighborhood? Just wanna make sure If that's what I think it is/will happen.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 10:38 PM
Chefs in an unowned restaurant will always be elders so you won't be able to make the NPC look like him. .

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 11:42 PM
If you make sure that household is the only one with that name, you could use familyfunds to reset his funds to what they were before he opens the restaurant. Check funds, write it down, go to community lot, play restaurant, close busines, use familyfunds to set funds to what they were before he went there. Vanilla, and should do exactly what you want. Requires some fiddling each time, but at least you get what you wanted.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM
Yeah, don't wanna to fiddle around. Thanks for the response thought nontheless :p
Scholar
#17 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 3:53 PM
What if the government representative lived in the same household as the teen? (Perhaps have their own separate area, that could even be a second house on the same lot). Then the representative can own the restaurant, be the manager and receive the income, while the teen can work there and hold a culinary career at the same time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:15 PM
Changing an NPC's appearance is fine but It's not possible with the NPC chef because they are always an elder. Social bunny's wear a suit, it's pointless to change his face-if he even has one. You can however get defaults to change the look of his suit.

~Call me Jo~