Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I know, that's what I'm grateful for about MTS. I find some lots outside MTS (mostly tumblr) and while they're pretty, sometimes the mailbox colors and certain hacks I don't have find their way into the upload. That's why I limit my non-MTS downloads when I can.

One Tumblr upload I downloaded even had a Sim ghost file in it. While I downloaded the lot, I did not put it in my game (not quite what I expected ... tons of CC ... the uploader also didn't weed out recolors), so that was good. I got a character stub years ago in an upload here, way back in 2007 or so, before we knew much about VBTs. Can't tell you which one ... many early downloads, I've lost because I did other stupid things back then. I still have the 2007 file in my Downloads folder. I found it when I changed OS. This character does not show up in my Bin or Sim PE ... it's only about 26 KB, so it's indeed some sort of stub. Unfortunately, I found it AFTER I started playing. I inquired about it here years ago, and since people were split as to whether I could safely delete it or not, I just have left it in there. But when I go to another OS and/or reinstall, I'll have to find it and get rid of it before playing. (Thanks for reminding me ... I'm going to have to find it again and indicate to delete it!)

Anyway, unlike the 2007 upload, this newer one came out only about two or three years ago. I'm surprised the uploader didn't check the files. MTS would have had a fit today if it saw that.

I saw the mailbox color and hack issue in some uploads on other sites.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:36 AM
Even a lot with NO cc which I downloaded once from a Tumblr account caused a lot of weird stuff - all the nannies died on the lot! The repairman ran away twice without fixing a thing as well (I guess he sensed there was something wrong) - but the family themselves were quite fine. (I have to admit it was kind of fun)
Inventor
#28 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
One Tumblr upload I downloaded even had a Sim ghost file in it. While I downloaded the lot, I did not put it in my game (not quite what I expected ... tons of CC ... the uploader also didn't weed out recolors), so that was good. I got a character stub years ago in an upload here, way back in 2007 or so, before we knew much about VBTs. Can't tell you which one ... many early downloads, I've lost because I did other stupid things back then. I still have the 2007 file in my Downloads folder. I found it when I changed OS. This character does not show up in my Bin or Sim PE ... it's only about 26 KB, so it's indeed some sort of stub. Unfortunately, I found it AFTER I started playing. I inquired about it here years ago, and since people were split as to whether I could safely delete it or not, I just have left it in there. But when I go to another OS and/or reinstall, I'll have to find it and get rid of it before playing. (Thanks for reminding me ... I'm going to have to find it again and indicate to delete it!)

Anyway, unlike the 2007 upload, this newer one came out only about two or three years ago. I'm surprised the uploader didn't check the files. MTS would have had a fit today if it saw that.

I saw the mailbox color and hack issue in some uploads on other sites.

Oh man, that hasn't happened to me . Whenever I see something highlighted in red I uncheck it, but if the lot seems to be too much of an issue to clean I delete the download without unpacking anything. I almost did that with one lot I downloaded through tumblr because there were so many plant objects and it took about 3 hours for me to track down the master files ; at least the blue flashing stopped. And I also downloaded lots from TSR, but luckily I didn't run into any issues there.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#29 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM
Problem is with Candace (my ghost stub) is that she never showed up in red. Her file number is the alphanumeric mishmash common to early files. I believe I downloaded the stub before Clean Installer even came out. So there wouldn't have been an easy way to find her. When I reinstalled in 2013, I scanned all folders, but missed her again.

She is not a complete Sim and as I wrote, does not show up in Sim PE. I might have noticed her then if she did.

I have now indicated to get rid of her the next time I have to reinstall. Her days of haunting my game will end then.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM
Some things in red are fine. I can't think of what they are specifically, but some harmless stuff may show up in red.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I think the lot is fine like this. Personally I will play with the original, but for sharing purposes I think the second is OK. Do you think 20 is a good number or should I cut down even more? Roughly 10 of these are structural, like walls and windows.
BTW, I love the way your lot looks. I hope you make the original available. Both versions look very good but the original is the one I'd prefer too. Beautiful!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 12:00 AM
The version with limited CC of the coffee shop is now available here at MTS! I'm just finishing up my Simblr and then I'll share the original over there as well.
Thanks you all for your feedback. It feels good to have my name in orange
Page 2 of 2