Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 5:26 PM
Default Offline modding help?
Hello, I'm looking into creating new furniture since there isn't a good selection of buy-mode items... I have a desktop that is offline where I play all of my sims games cx I cannot get the Create-A-World tool from EA since it has to be updated (thus it needs internet)
so I was wondering if you need internet to install modding tools?

ALSO I would like the easiest simple modding 3D furniture creating tools and newbie help, I've been playing The Sims for 10 years, I'm just a mod newbie cx

Thankyou very much!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 5:44 PM
You need internet to download modding tools, so yes. But you can download them on another computer and transfer via USB drive (or better, an external USB harddrive with more space). Some updates can be downloaded, but you'll have to keep track of them.

When it comes to tutorials, a lot of those here at MTS come as PDF files, which can also be transferred. You can also copy/paste to a Word document, and if there are pictures you can copy these too over on the USB drive. Same with downloads and whatever else you'd need.

I've for many years had a desktop computer that refused to connect to the net (it has an antenna for wireless net, but it's been a bit touch-and-go ever since I moved from where the computer was originally set up). Trouble is, that's the one I've got my meshing tools on, since my laptop refuses to run them. So I understand how annoying it can be. I could sometimes make the desktop update the antivirus, and occasionally do updates for other things, but that was it. I only managed to get it up and running this year, and even the browsers were so outdated they refused to run. It now runs Firefox, and connects to the supposedly worst internet connection surprisingly well (the "best" connection barely even shows on a good day), but it took me a day with lots of frustration.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 8:16 PM
can't you run CAW without a connection? You just need to download the version compatible with your patch level of the game and then you can run it. It must be a bloody nightmare with all the transferring though, but it should be possible.