Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:53 PM
Default Running a mall as an owned business
I want to buy a mall and run it as an owned business. But how would I manage it? If I assign employees to restock, for example, won't they restock the entire mall? Is there a mod that allows employees to restock, do sales interactions and ring up sales in a specific "room"?
Other than that, do you have any ideas about what I should do to run a mall?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 7:39 PM
So, I've tried to do something like this before. It wasn't overly big though. I had a small strip mall. The strip mall was owned by my Japanese twin brothers, Tadao and Daichi (Tadao was the one with the deed). It wasn't bad. There was a grocery store, a barber shop and a pizza buffet. It wasn't bad, but when customers want help, they may want an item in a totally different store. Daichi went to help a customer in the barbershop, but they wanted items in the grocery store.

Now as for your mall, you can assign cashiers to stores easily, but you've guessed right about the restock and sales. I don't think there are doors to keep employees in one location. I've only seen and found doors to keep employees out of certain areas.

One idea is to do something similar to this! http://modthesims.info/download.php...695#post2126695
I know you're looking for a full mall, but Plasticbox created a small strip mall with LotAdjuster. Three different lots pushed together to look like one!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 8:35 PM
I thought this would be difficult because you can only have 8 employees.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Alchemist
#4 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:37 PM
managing employees I imagine would not be much different than managing the same number of household sims.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
Managing employees are different, though - they need breaks, entertainment, etc. - or they will just quit (which household members cannot do)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:30 PM
You can get around that by having snap dragons in your shops, then employees needs will stay green except for energy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~