Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 11:31 AM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 19th Nov 2016 at 1:04 PM.
Default Gym turned out to be a lounge instead
I only have the base game and open for business. So basically, I am playing this challenge that I thought of (should be soon in this forum if it gets submission approaval), starting with my homo, quite tliterally, sim and I earned to create an outsider once I reach 10 sims. So since my sim has no shower and toilet plumping, I had to have an outsider and claim the gym that included those ojbect as well.

The problem is that annoys me on how my customers didn't used any of the weight machines (the only object I can find under the exercise equitment catalog), but they do play darts. It might it look like it has a route problem, but I doubt it (I had my sim check one of those objects, and surely enough my sim got to use it, so i shouldn't be problem for the customers to use at least that one object too if they couldn't get to the other available). All in the end I got fed up, so I just change it to a lounge (though it feel like it was already one due to the issue, lol), by adding two arcade machines and removed all the weight machines.

Any way to fix it or is it set 'set in stone'?

P.S. And yes, I did utilize the ticket machine to earn simoleans.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 11:51 AM
I am having trouble understanding some of your post. I have no idea what an outsider is.

Sims use items that advertise things that they need. If an item advertises more fun than any other item available sims will use that. A dart board advertises more fun than what else you have available so that is what gets used. I don't think any base game exercise equipment advertises fun at all. You need a treadmill, exercise bike, ballet bar or dance sphere if you want other sims to use things autonomously. Weight machines unfortunatly drain fun.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 12:43 PM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 19th Nov 2016 at 1:08 PM.
I see. Well, I'll be sure to remove the dartboards next time I build a new gym

As for outsider - it is a term used as a reference to that sim. I brief description of what can it do and cannot will be explain in my challenge post. For short: they are the sims that you earn to create in CAS once the founder gets 10 friends each (as I mentioned) and the outsider helps your founder out by unlocking mostly build mode objects by establishing corresponding real estate lots. It's a quite fun challenge and at the same time challenging one at the begging

ETA: Check with the wikia and it states that weight machine will always be ignored by the customers. I guess I'll have to look for a mod/fix that resolves this issue If there is such. :/
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 2:31 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 20th Nov 2016 at 4:57 AM.
A handful of years back I too wanted to make a gym but found it hard to get them to have fun. jfade was kind enough to mod a TV so that it was for exercise only. It still advertises as a TV and the sims will use it autonomously.

The TV w/ stand is base only. The wall hangin TV requires NL.
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=1
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 3:55 PM
I don't know how well these work, but here is another option: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=382409
Offers options for a yoga class, Tai Chi and a flatscreen wall TV (for basic exercise).

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
A handful of years back I too wanted to make a gym but found it hard to get them to have fun. jfade was kind enough to mod a TV so that it was for exercise only. It still advertises as a TV and the sims will use it autonomously.

The TV w/ stand is base only. The wall hangin TV requires NL.
http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=1

Thanks, I had forgotten about those and just snagged them.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 4:49 PM
Electrodance spheres, tai chi, etc., aren't any use to the OP, with only the BG and OFB. In order for anybody to autonomously use a weight machine, it almost has to be the only thing on the lot. If you want a functional fitness center, with only those EPs, I think your only real option is to make it with a swimming pool.

I have seen a weight machine used autonomously a couple of times, and they might not have been base game weight machines. Long ago, I sent Jimmy Phoenix down to the Maple Springs Pool and Spa, where he encountered his old flame Georgette Skirt. She did a few pumps on a weight machine, apparently in order to change into her skimpy gym clothes before going to flirt with him. This was years ago in my setup that didn't include BV, FT, OFB, or M&G. More recently, after adding all those expansions, I had sent a denizen of Widespot to playtest a spa lot I'd built for Bigg City, where I saw Valentine Hart quietly pumping iron in the background. Valentine, as a retired Hall of Famer, is maximally fit; Georgette - young, plump, and looking to score - very much was not, and without FT had no access to fitness enthusiasm, so I don't think hobbies or personality points had anything to do with it.

Bigg City was at that time built only with BG + NL objects, so it's possible there's a NL weight machine that advertises fun at a very low rate. Most of the alternative fitness equipment I'm aware of, though, comes with University, so you might want to add that to your game configuration. Treadmills and exercise bikes, which are Uni objects, advertise at rates that are arguably too high - sims are notorious for killing themselves on exercise bikes, and treadmills suck all attention away from weight machines.

One thing you could do with the current configuration, though, is download Sophie David's Buyable Career Rewards, which will include the military reward of an obstacle course. Again, it doesn't advertise very highly, but if you don't want a pool it should do better than the weight machines.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 9:12 PM
But I don't think the weight machines give any fun, so any use will be short lived. I can see sims socializing and having water balloon fights before using the weight machines.

OP unless you are on something like a netbook I would advise you get Origin and ask them for the UC or go on ebay and buy some EP's cheaply.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 1:43 AM
Funny, nobody uses swimming pool either, lol (can it be because I surrounded with fence and place a gate there (unlocked)?). Welp I only wanted to have them use weight machines only. I guess I'll have to deal with that for now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
But I don't think the weight machines give any fun, so any use will be short lived. I can see sims socializing and having water balloon fights before using the weight machines.

OP unless you are on something like a netbook I would advise you get Origin and ask them for the UC or go on ebay and buy some EP's cheaply.

I have them, but they'reuninstalled. Don't feel like installed right away Waiting until I get bored of the available content.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 4:36 AM
Sims will use the pool, more so if there is a diving board and a slide, but not a lot.

~Call me Jo~