Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:02 AM
Default Custom Lifespan
I may sound stupid to all these amazing mod creators but how can I make my own lifespan mod I cannot find a lifespan that I'm satisfied with and it makes me sadd.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:52 AM
Age group tweaks http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:55 PM
Maybe tell us what you're after, and we can help direct you to the one closest to your wishes (since we're not mind-readers).
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I may sound stupid to all these amazing mod creators but how can I make my own lifespan mod I cannot find a lifespan that I'm satisfied with and it makes me sadd.

I've only looked at a lifespan mod in SimPE (I like aging off) but it looks like it just changed the constants the game uses to age the sims, simple if you're not also changing a lot of other things like skills and such. I only mod things for my own play, so if I wanted one just so, I'd get one that is simple like that and is close to what I want and just edit it in SimPE, which is what the Age Tweaks does that Jo linked. Do you have one that is close to what you want and not too difficult?

But if you want to create a whole new project to share, yeah, you need the help of real modders.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:25 PM
Lifespan mods are very simple - as Jo and Sunrader said, they're just tweaks to the constants. Mine was made more complicated because I had to also mod ACR to work with it so that my sims didn't become sterile somewhere in their childhood. With long age mods like that, if you do use ACR, infertility can happen quite early in game because of the way the fertility arc is handled.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 11:41 PM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Jul 2018 at 3:17 AM.
I use Merola Painting to add or subtract my Sims age, but I always have aging off http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/Me...ltiPainting.htm there is also a single one tile version
here http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...olaPainting.htm Now I have many recolors so I don't need to use the old lady. But it was many years ago someone share with me.

This had many purposes beside controlling age, but I am sure the long time Sims players that been around a long time know about this painting.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:11 AM
The one Jo linked works for me. It's one of the easiest mods to edit and I've used it in various configurations for years.

I don't see the need to adjust skills and such but that's just me.

Agreed there are issues if you're using ACR but again I use a combination of my own edits plus Hat's file for this and it works okay.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...