Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:02 PM
Default What mods have you installed?
I looked around and didn't see a thread about this, so thought I would make one. I recently looked through my own downloads mods subfolder which have 106 files and got curious about others. How many mods is in your downloads folder? And what is your opinion on modded gameplay?

I have a large variation of mods/hacks/fixes etc. as you can see on the attached file- and I try to keep from downloading the more gamechanging ones. What mods have you installed in your game?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:37 PM
I think there is no thread because many of us have way too many to list. My game is modded to within an inch of its life but I am nowhere near having the largest mod folder on this site. 2,253 is what my mods folder reads right now.

My option is it's necessary for how I play. The folder includes essential mods, annoyance fixing mods, gameplay mods and moded items.

I still see mods in your folder that I don't use though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think there is no thread because many of us have way too many to list. My game is modded to within an inch of its life but I am nowhere near having the largest mod folder on this site. 2,253 is what my mods folder reads right now.

My option is it's necessary for how I play. The folder includes essential mods, annoyance fixing mods, gameplay mods and moded items.

I still see mods in your folder that I don't use though.

2253! wow haha that's amazing. 😅 and I thought I had too many
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:20 PM
I still have a way to go then. I only have around 1300 mods in my game (not counting the ones in the testing folder).
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
It's probably not perfectly accurate because I may not have the organized perfectly, but the folder in my Downloads that's marked for mods has 229 files. I'm pretty judicious about what I put on there, so I consider them all fundamental to my play style. Just to compare, I don't know most of yours.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
My mods folder is 196 MB and has 1455 Package files, so I don't think I'll be posting a full list...

I don't just have mods/hacks in there, but a few other things as well (some OMSPs and other mod-like things). I also have some mods elsewhere in my game if they're connected to a spesific download, if they work better in the actual Downloads folder, or if they need to be in the install files.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:06 PM
Haha, I only have 32 :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My mods folder is 196 MB and has 1455 Package files, so I don't think I'll be posting a full list...

I don't just have mods/hacks in there, but a few other things as well (some OMSPs and other mod-like things). I also have some mods elsewhere in my game if they're connected to a spesific download, if they work better in the actual Downloads folder, or if they need to be in the install files.

oh, that's true. I forgot about the fixes and overrides I have installed in my program files.

I'm still shocked over the number of mods most of you have, like over a 1000+😮. I'm always afraid to download to many in case they might conflict with each other (I also wouldn't know where to even find so many).

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
It's probably not perfectly accurate because I may not have the organized perfectly, but the folder in my Downloads that's marked for mods has 229 files. I'm pretty judicious about what I put on there, so I consider them all fundamental to my play style. Just to compare, I don't know most of yours.

I'm sure my own download folder isn't completely organized either 😆there always seem to be a few .package files in the wrong folders, no matter how much I try to keep it structured.
It's also very interesting that we seem to have different mods, but I bet there's a lot of different ones I don't even know about.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:23 PM
I have about 600 mods, of which about 30-40 are ones that I made myself.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:28 PM
Mine are collected through 11-12 years, so... a lot of places. I'm also careful to read about the mods, and they're quite nicely balanced so they don't cause jump bugs or errors even with TestingCheats activated - so I know the culprit is a recently added item if those start showing up.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:32 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Aug 2018 at 10:16 PM.
Bare minimum. I download stuff that when and if I need it. I still find vanilla for the most part fun and engaging (expecting disagrees, but this is mainly subjective opinion).

Besides the crucial ones (creaturefixes, nounlinkondelete), I have downloaded some over time that improve or add flexibility/customization over features I wanted: like the ability to store leftovers as single plates, bed
ownership
, force townies to age (though can't tell If it's working or not). Got fed up with cellphones disappearing, so I installed the fix for that. Maybe I'm too lazy too like the creator, so I downloaded the require-no-reagent-for-spells mod (though I do wish there was a more fair alternative mod so I don't feel my witches are too cheaty/op). A must have I would say is the stuckobjectremover, a desklocator (I only downloaded and use it for fixing homework desk routing). I tempting to uninstall toddler beds and allow-dogs-to-swim (just because it's an "object" mod than a global one), multi-junction three counters of Numerious, macrotastics, piqiwi's morewalkby (tbh, I downloaded it just for fx car traffic: might have to leave feedback or check in with the details why it's not working as intented). Have yet to use the Chris public bus mod for normal gameplay (have yet to find the right time to invest in this new public transportation). What I haven't mention so far that I have installed? Intuitive newspaper interactions, mod that enables small appliances on corner countertops, simwardrobe's vacational controllers (used it in the past on another computer, looking forward to try it again once there is the right time to build education center).

Not sure If I forgot anything. Currently, I have somewhere over 20-30 mods/hacks and content in general in my download folder. Most If not all for gameplay sakes, I don't download cc of furniture, cas items or anything like that as you can see.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:52 PM
I simply have all of them: Pescado, BO, Two Jeffs, Cyjon, Squinge,-and they all have their mods in my folder. Plus defaults, overrides, 'enhanced skies, blue water, the works.

I stopped counting a long time ago. They don't move very far from their places in the game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:59 PM
3,198 Files, 271 Folders in my mods folder.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Alchemist
#14 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 10:39 PM
been awhile since I checked number of mods/hacks.
a number of them I downloaded; and others I created.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I simply have all of them: Pescado, BO, Two Jeffs, Cyjon, Squinge,-and they all have their mods in my folder. Plus defaults, overrides, 'enhanced skies, blue water, the works.

I stopped counting a long time ago. They don't move very far from their places in the game.

I didn't go and 'count' them, just right click on the folder and click on properties. I don't have any defaults in mine, those have their own default folder.

I knew Jessa beat me by a long streak.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:08 AM
I think I probably have around 100- 150 at any one time. I use Inteen and I haven't found any other mod that really works as well as that one for connecting teen pregnancy, young adult maternity, and accidental/autonomous pregnancy in a way that makes sense to me. The downside of it is that it conflicts with nearly everything. There's at least a dozen mods I'd really like to use that simply wouldn't work because Inteen. <Deep sigh> there's nothing to be done of course, but it is somewhat unfortunate lol.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote:
didn't go and 'count' them, just right click on the folder and click on properties. I don't have any defaults in mine, those have their own default folder.

I have numerous hacks scattered all over my folders, and numerous individual hack modders in the folders. I'd say it's around 1,000 so far with everything included.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:52 AM
I don't know if that a good idea to ask a Sims 2 players about "What Mods We Have installed ? LMAO Because most of us are so addicted with mods use for this or that. And still looking for what we don't have.
I know I am addicted with Mods along with customs, I really don't know at this late date what a Sims 2 Vanilla game look like.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:11 AM
Last time I played a vanilla game, it took me about 10 minutes to come crawling out of it screaming for my hacks and mods. It was terrifying..

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:33 AM
I played vanilla on DH laptop while I was troubleshooting a few times. I played Strangtown. The Maxis eyes creeped me out and I just played the Curious brother's, doing the set thing, going to work, looking after the toddler-in the flipping crib. It was okay for what it was lol, but nothing like my own setup.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:31 AM
Mine's only 14.8MB (not including ACR & inTeen stuff) and I thought that was a lot, so naïve of me... As others have said, there are some mods I just simply can't play without. I personally use a lot of annoyance fixes but also things to make my game easier. Longer dates, no witch reagents, etc. help me play. I try to focus more on the Sims' themselves without worrying about what the game is requiring me to do.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Link Ninja
#22 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:58 AM
From memory: ACR, Mega College Hack, Bed-making fix, Coffee set down fix, no complain-y friends phone fix, sims wash their hands after using toilet, water pretty up mod, sky pretty up mod, Trim inaccessible bushes and water inaccessible flowers, nounlinkondelete, no dormie, townie, down-townie, pets, tourist and tour guide re-spawns, Additional wishes mod, part time job mod, apartments can have community lot functions/NPCs, no getting up at 3 am to watch snow or rain fix, pets eat their damn food fix, watch tv from any spot mod, summer vacation mod, children's fun doesn't tank and also they ask if they can bring friends home mod, omg are you actually reading all this?, sims don't freak out at fire mod, sims stop eating when full, romance mod so teens/ya's stay attracted when one bops off to uni, flowers look wilted in winter mod, cats hunt roaches, close bird cages after done playing with them fix, Hotel fixes from Paladin, Greater fruit and veggie yields from BO, no sim loaded too, surfing mod, promote anyone to manager, hire family for businesses, ask anyone to watch kids, select your cemetery, still reading this - wow, build/buy enabled on community lots, no red pause, no plumbobs, degrees connect to careers better, extended lifespan, you should get a cookie if you've gotten this far, use inaccessible beds, no fresh food effects, kitten/puppy fur patterns enabled.

I'm sure I have more.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
2,253 is what my mods folder reads right now.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I only have around 1300 mods in my game (not counting the ones in the testing folder).
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I have about 600 mods, of which about 30-40 are ones that I made myself.
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel
3,198 Files, 271 Folders in my mods folder.

With 285 Files, 12 Folders, 57 MB in my Hacks folder I'm clearly in the amateur league! Even though I have one or two hacks and hacked objects in other folders.

With a few "adult" mods I'd be embarrassed to let you see what I've got, but it's a largely personal selection. I like quite a few Maxis behaviours that other people find annoying, so I don't mod them out. I love "Welcome Wagon" visits, children running to hug their parents and Virgos obsessively making their beds. I generally only mod out things that endanger my Sims. (Because I love them! :lovestruc) Possibly my most important mod is Squinge's No More Fires -- my Sims don't risk a gruesome death just trying out a new recipe. I really couldn't play without it -- my nerves couldn't stand it. But I don't know anyone else who uses it.

I don't have any risky woohoo mods -- I generally prefer my Romance Sims to have their fun without "consequences". And I don't want any unwanted children -- all the kids in my game should be loved and cherished.

I suppose there's a bit of a utopian tinge to my game. It's certainly not perfection but I think my Sims live in a society that's a little bit better than our own. There is still enough conflict to provide interest. But generally we (i.e. my Sims and I working together) try to work through it and resolve it. Hence my constant wish that I could join my Sims and live with them. Their are few things I can imagine better than to move into a pretty little half-timbered cottage in Veronaville and spend the rest of my life interacting on a one-to-one basis with Sims I've come to love and respect. I would love a "Virtual Reality" addition to the game to let me do that. Only trouble is, once I got there, I wouldn't want to come back!

Really the mods we choose are a very personal matter, reflecting what we want out of the game.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 9:07 AM
The reason more of us don't (apart from people who somehow enjoy killing sims-not my thing) use the no more fires mod is because it makes the game a little more interesting and challenging. A BBQ inside or a rug close to a lit fireplace is extremely dangerous! The train table needs a sprinkler above (or a mod) You might have a higher anxiety over the oven than what it actually is. The chances of a sim dying from an oven fire are fairly low if you are a vigilant player or give them a few cooking points first. The one thing I avoid is letting a sim with zero skill cook toaster pastries, those things are very flammable. My kids in my school are only allowed to use the adult oven when they have 3 cooking skill. The only times I have had sims die by fire were from tree fires. I've had plenty of oven fires, but I have never had a sim die by one, I find sims put them out quite well with a fire extinguisher. My fear is of electrical storms and trees! I do have a mod that reduces the rate now of tree fires because the number was quite ridiculous. If I really thought a sim was in danger, I would use move objects on and delete the fire.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 5:58 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 17th Aug 2018 at 9:35 PM.
Every child (and moved-in townie) in my game is required to get 6 cooking skill before they will be allowed to cook hot food. There are still fires occasionally, but there is a sprinkler above every stove, which is much faster than the fireman.
Page 1 of 2