Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 1:35 PM
Default TSM Live Chat - Wednesday 1.30PM (Pacific)
Hey all,

Just a heads-up - there's to be another live chat happening today, same place as before. I just found out about this on Facebook
(Follow the link - http://www.ea.com/1/sims-medieval-chat)

Have no idea if there'll be anything new in this chat - hopefully it won't *all* be about the patch coming tomorrow - but here's hoping that they fix the audio this time round so we can hear what's being said.

*For anyone in the UK, 1.30PM Pacific is, I believe, 8.30PM GMT - but best to check on that yourself as I'm not sure
Eastern Time, I'm not sure of either

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM
pacific is GMT -8
central is GMT-6
eastern is GMT -5

so 13:30 pacific is 21:30 GMT

Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 5:12 PM
Ya, I'll be at work, or on my way home. XD
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Earwen
pacific is GMT -8
central is GMT-6
eastern is GMT -5

so 13:30 pacific is 21:30 GMT

Thanks for putting up the proper times, Earwen lol... I'll be sure to tune in then, see what they have to say :D

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Guysim1993 : 27th Apr 2011 at 10:13 PM.
Oh cool, I'll be checking this out at 21:30 GMT so! :D

EDIT: Wow.... that was boring. They only showed the 360 degree camera, followed by the game designer killing his monarch for some reason, then said "Oh yeah her baby can take over her since she died..." and then he answered questions such as "What's your favourite profession?" and "How long did it take to make?" And the questions they picked ended up being unhelpful, especially the last question: "Is that a patch we all get for free?" And the chat even ended up talking about The Sims 3! -______-

Sorry if I'm complaining too much, but I wanted them to pick questions about the game's future (expansions etc.)!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
Sorry if I'm complaining too much, but I wanted them to pick questions about the game's future (expansions etc.)!

Yeah I heard it was really unexciting which is a shame because someone on the official forum made a thread with questions from people who couldn't be there for the chat, contacted the Devs about the thread and was told that they would watch it. There were a lot of great questions there and none of them were answered.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:40 AM
Yeah, I saw that thread and was very disappointed that none of those questions were answered; I missed the whole thing, somehow - even though I kept refreshing! All I kept seeing was a pre-recorded chat about Dragon Age 2, lol... In no time at all, the chat was over and I was like, 'Huh'? Already??!' I did manage to see the end of his demo showing the camera, etc (looks exactly like Shimrod's 360 camera) and that was about it. So, from what I was able to see and from what I've read, I'm kinda glad I missed it. Boring, uninformative, and a waste of time really... I kinda feel bad for posting up about it in the first place - I feel like I've wasted people's time...

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Yeah, I saw that thread and was very disappointed that none of those questions were answered; I missed the whole thing, somehow - even though I kept refreshing! All I kept seeing was a pre-recorded chat about Dragon Age 2, lol... In no time at all, the chat was over and I was like, 'Huh'? Already??!' I did manage to see the end of his demo showing the camera, etc (looks exactly like Shimrod's 360 camera) and that was about it. So, from what I was able to see and from what I've read, I'm kinda glad I missed it. Boring, uninformative, and a waste of time really... I kinda feel bad for posting up about it in the first place - I feel like I've wasted people's time...

They played the recorded video again after the Dragon Age 2 video was finished.

And it's not your fault it was boring and uninformative, it was EA's fault for picking out the most boring and unhelpful answers there! It was basically just him talking about what he liked about the game, and no questions about the game's future was answered at all! He even talked about how he worked in careers on Sims 3, I love Sims 3, but I was there to get some info on Sims Medieval! Everybody who was there was so bored that we just messed around in the chat box. A FAIL live video on EA's part!

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji

Thats what i thought too : Their 360 camera feature looks just like Shimrod´s camera mod. They maybe even used his. I actually expected walls everywhere so this theater like look disappears...
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guysim1993
And it's not your fault it was boring and uninformative, it was EA's fault for picking out the most boring and unhelpful answers there! It was basically just him talking about what he liked about the game, and no questions about the game's future was answered at all!

They did that last time too. Wasted a ton of time on dumb (in my opinion) questions like "What's your favorite trait?" and "How many ways can you kill your Sims?" I mean those questions can be fun, but if they're going to got to the trouble of getting a game designer to chat, I think it would be nice to get some actual game play/design information.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 5:42 PM
Maybe they're not allowed to talk about the game's future.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Good point. They did say something like that on the official discussion thread for the last chat when they got a lot of questions about expansions. They came right out and said "We can't discuss expansion packs at this time."

Not that it stopped people from asking, of course.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:27 PM
I can see not being able to talk about expansions, but not being able to discuss things they are working on for future patches seems kind of silly. What's the point of the chat if they can't answer the questions that people are actually interested in?
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
I can see not being able to talk about expansions, but not being able to discuss things they are working on for future patches seems kind of silly. What's the point of the chat if they can't answer the questions that people are actually interested in?
Yes, I was just using the EP comment as an example of possibly not being able to discuss certain aspects of the game. I agree that there are more interesting questions they could have answered other than "Who is your favorite hero?"
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

That's true, but they could of at least siad that they can't discuss anything major before they answered questions, because then I could exit the chat without being so disapointed!