Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Elynda : 6th May 2019 at 6:59 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims not giving birth.
I am playing a sort of legacy in Finnington, which as you probably know is an empty town which you can develop yourself.

I had everything set up and working, or so I thought, although I had been wondering why my inactive families were not breeding. And now I have discovered that although they are getting pregnant, none of them appear to be able to give birth, and there seems to be something wrong with the hospital. The one I am using is the Bloom Institute of Wellness, which I've often used elsewhere with no problems.

I discovered the problem when one of my active sims was at a party and one of the family there was about to give birth. I decided to have my sim drive her to the hospital, which she did. And then she stayed in there. And stayed there... and then stayed there some more! In the end I had my sim go home, leaving the inactive sim to get on with it. But she didn't. Three sim days passed and she was still in there - I know because I used Master Controller to focus on her. In the end I tried resetting the lot, which merely threw the poor soul out into the street in the pouring rain, still in labour. Goodness knows how long she had been in that state before I happened upon her!

I tried making that family active, but the same thing happened. And what's more, whilst all this was going on, other sims couldn't get into the hospital: they'd walk up to the door and then throw a routing tantrum. There was quite a crowd of them outside by the time I finally gave up and quit the game. I hadn't noticed any problem with that lot before, my own sims who've had jobs or other business there were going an out just fine.

I suppose I could replace the lot but I'm reluctant to do that, except as a last resort, since the last time I did that sort of thing everybody who worked on that lot lost their jobs.

This really has me completely stumped. Can anybody help?

Edit: So far as I can determine this is only happening with Finnington. I tested it in Twinbrook, where I remembered I had a pregnant sim nearing her full term. She went to the hospital, the father joined her there, they were inside for the usual amount of time and the emerged with the baby. I did have sims unable to go into the hospital whilst they were there though.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2019 at 12:25 AM
Couple of shots in the dark here. Any mods in play that directly involve hospitals, pregnancies, or births (other than NRaas, I mean)? Have you ever tried to change the length of pregnancies or any stage of pregnancies in these worlds, by any means, while sims were actually pregnant?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2019 at 2:23 AM
I had Cmar's pregnancy controller installed, but I don't believe I've ever used it to alter the length of pregnancies. I have, once or twice, used it to initiate pregnancies or to terminate them. I'd actually forgotten I had it installed till now, and thinking that mod might have been to blame, I removed it and attempted the thing again - with the same results.

I ought to mention too that I recently used Nraas Porter to move the population from an older save that was showing signs of fatigue. That sim, and one other in the town, may well have been pregnant at the time. Could that have effected them?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2019 at 2:33 AM
Oh, Cmar's mod is fine. I've been using that alongside of the NRaas mods for years as have many of us at NRaas with no issues. Sorry, should have granted that one an exemption from the start. What it can do is change where a particular sim is the already defined pregnancy stages, sort of like a MasterController for pregnancies if you will. It can't change the stages themselves which is what I meant by the second question. A Tuning Mod or Retuner would be required to change the stages overall and that's what is known to break things if any sims in the world are already pregnant at the time the stages are changed.

On the Portered sims though, if the world they came from had a different length of pregnancy defined than the one they were placed into, then...maybe this is part of the issue?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2019 at 3:15 AM Last edited by Elynda : 7th May 2019 at 4:37 AM.
Well, just to test things out, I reloaded an archived save I made of the older Finnington just before I used Porter. I find that particular sim has been pregnant far longer than she should have been - she was in labour when I switched to that household. I sent her to the hospital (both she and her husband walked there for some reason) and once again she just stayed in there. So I don't think Porter is directly related. But, now I think about it, when I first began this legacy, I had Nraas Story Progression installed just to get the ball rolling, so to speak, and when the population was well established I removed it (since Nraas SP causes my game to lag a lot). But it's too long ago for me to remember exactly what I did, or what changes I made when I had it installed, I was still getting the hang of the thing. But perhaps the length of pregnancy got altered then. It may be significant that Finnington is the only world where I have used Nraas SP.
Apart from that, I can't think what mod could be effecting this particular town and not another.

Another mod that I previously had was Teen Delivery, which allowed teens to give birth at the hospital. But I removed that after I found I could always use Retuner if I really wanted teen pregnancies.

UPDATE: I used Pregnancy Controller to get one of my legacy family pregnant, then again to start her labour. She went to the hospital (this being the sims, she naturally drove herself) went in, followed by her spouse, and this time I got the notification of the babies birth, gave her a name, and out they both came with the baby. So that's hopeful, at least. It may be that it was just pregnancies from the older save that were glitched. I hope that is the case: I have come so far with this legacy that should hate to have to abandon it now.

Instructor
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 4:35 AM Last edited by Mandelyn : 9th May 2019 at 7:36 AM.
Maybe end the problem sims pregnancies and reimpregnate them, it could just be their pregnancies gliched and got stuck awhile back and you didn’t notice till now. Or they just have really stubborn babies that don’t want to face the world and growing up, responsiblities, etc.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
[...]really stubborn Babis that don’t want to face the world and growing up, responsiblities, etc.

Sounds like you have met some of the folks I went to college with a long time ago...
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2019 at 12:33 PM
Sorry, late reply (I've been preoccupied lately). It seems now that that that particular sim and another in the town had been pregnant for some time before I ported them to the new save, and that both were glitched. I shudder to think how long those two poor girls had been in labour whilst I was unaware of it. But I terminated both pregnancies, and based on the above experiment, I think subsequent pregnancies will work properly. Although I shall continue to monitor the situation and be more attentive in future.

Anyways, thanks for your help igazor and Mandelyn