Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:57 PM
Default PJSE tool, how to link to an existing Game mesh?
I'd like a certain swimsuit to have the mesh of another one. Both are game mesh. How do I tell one to use the other mesh, without having to create a new mesh package, duplicating what's already there...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2019 at 7:45 PM.
Method #1: Make a recolor of the swimsuit with the mesh you want to use, and transfer the recolors from the other one.

Method #2: Copy information from one 3DIR to the other (Numbers in Resource + Shape). Not entirely sure if this would work since I haven't tried, but in theory yes.

Method #3: Extract the mesh with the PJSE extract tool (again, it's easiest to find it with a recolor, and it's usually some part of the PropertySet name, with some exceptions). Save the mesh without doing "Fix integrity", and use it to link the recolor.

Method #4: Basically same as 3 but more work - extract the SHPE and CRES, and manually link them in the 3DIR.

This only works if the meshes have the same number of textures, similar UVmap, and same mesh groups. May not work if the mesh groups have different names (most base mesh groups for full-body clothes are named "body", so usually not a big problem unless there are more groups)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:21 PM
Ok, but both these method ask for a recolor...so I wonder, if the mesh i want to use is already in the game, where do I find its 3DIR? Because making a recolor will give me a clone of it...am I making sense?
I ended up making a default mesh package. The mesh I wanted to use is already defaulted with BlooM's. So I used that one. But now, I have this BlooM mesh twice, I wanted to avoid that.
I also had to default the textures anyway, to get rid of sandals.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:27 PM
Just make a recolor (easiest way - or you'll have to find the proper 3DIR in the game files). Recolors using the same mesh always have the same numbers in the Resource and Shape 3DIR. The rest of the resources in the 3DIR link to the recolor package.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:30 PM
Well, the am swim from BV has the same swimshort mesh than the H&M one. Except that the H&M one has different feet with sandals. So not the same mesh according to the game. I was annoyed at my sims, swimming with their shoes on.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:35 PM
What the PJSE tool essentially does is to link the Resource and Shape to the mesh.

It's even possible to do this manually, by extracting these resources from a mesh, importing them to the file, click the "package" button in the 3DIR, drag them into the window, and replace them (delete the original lines and move these two up so they're in the proper place). It's how I first learned how to link accessories.

You can also extract the used mesh and save it without doing "fix integrity". You can then use the PJSE tool. I think you can extract ingame meshes with the PJSE extract tool, if you know the original name.

The name of the mesh is usually some part of the PropertySet, for instance if the PropertySet is named "CASIE_cmtopcowboyshirt_red" the mesh name would most likely be "cmtopcowboyshirt" (with some exceptions). For the AF swimwear, the mesh is probably "afbodyswimwear".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:42 PM
Yes. I used the manual methode for years, until quite recently where I decided to give the extracting/linking PJSE tool a chance
*You can then use the PJSE tool. I think you can extract ingame meshes with the PJSE extract tool, if you know the original name. * <---------------------This is exactly what i was trying to achieve, I had the name and all..but did not know where to browse to. lol..other than what I usually do, a new mesh I would have created.
And, I could have browse to BlooM's folder and link to his default mesh..but it itself links to the original and..well...But I ended up with the result I wanted either way.
Thank you

Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:47 PM
File --> new
PJSE tool --> Extract.
Write in the mesh name you want to extract.
Then SimPE does the job for you, as long as you wrote in an existng mesh name
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:56 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much. I'll know what/how to do next time