Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2019 at 1:13 PM
Default Alpha skirt texture bleeding onto top
I made a skirt and top at the same time. Both separates. The skirt texture was bleeding onto the top, so I had to make it an alpha part.

Now the alpha of the skirt is bleeding onto the alpha of the top. They do have pieces in the same place, but I thought that making it an alpha part fixed that. The alphas are both named noblend; could it be because they have the same name? But I've had other alpha clothing where that wasn't a problem.

I'm wondering if I've missed something and was hoping that someone might know what it was.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2019 at 1:40 PM
Because they have the same group name, they probably share the same texture. hard to tell without seeing your package.
Making groups into alphas, to me anyways, allows several groups in the same mesh, and allows me to give them all their own textures. Or, they can share the same texture image, but having different names, they will be alone on it.
Another thing you can do about bottom bleeding onto top, is to make your top smaller in size. It goes down too far on the texture...look at a maxis top for guidance.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2019 at 12:22 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd May 2019 at 12:41 AM.
The new alpha/group needs to have a separate name from the original group. The main group with the skin parts should be named body/top/bottom (depending on which type of clothing it is). You can name the second group noblend.

If you're making a mesh with an inside that's supposed to be fully alpha-editable (for instance a skirt/dress with alpha-adjustable length) you can give the inner and outer parts the same name, but you need to set the opacity lower for the inner part, and you need to layer them properly so they show up in the correct order after you export. This way reduces the amount of textures you need to add. I think this kind of texture needs a different setting in the cMaterialDefinition, which I think is SimStandardMaterial. Then they won't use the skintone as a base, like the SimSkin setting does.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2019 at 12:16 PM
I added pictures.

As you can see the alphas of the skirt and the top have white parts in the same place, but they are also both pictures of the noblend part of each mesh. I thought that making it noblend meant that one wouldn't bleed onto the other, but the skirt is bleeding onto the top, as shown.

Neither of them bleed with other tops/bottoms, but that could be because they just aren't in the same place. But again, I thought that making an alpha part was supposed to fix that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2019 at 1:20 PM
Oh right...I totally dismissed both noblends were in separate packages, how silly of me! lol
These textures seem to be Bodyshop ones..I deal with SimPE for alphas, and close BS to never reopen it after i click import to game(besides testing the clothing of course)
Can you post your packages? i can have a look.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2019 at 4:52 PM
Yeah, they're Bodyshop alphas. The alphas don't show up in SimPE for me, just the textures and the normal. Thanks for the help.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1041287/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:48 PM
Ok! (as an aside, you don't usually need to fiddle with the alphas from BS)
Let's start with the top
Your noblend is an alpha, so go to its txmt, in cMaterialDefinition, and as simmer22 mentioned, change SimSkin to SimStandardMaterial. commit...
Then go back to properties and change the value of the line that says : stdMatAlphaTestEnabled from 0 to 1. This allows transparency. While at it, copy its name (stdMatAlphaTestEnabled) because your skirt does not have that line and needs it. Commit, save.
Your top is done.

Skirt now.
Do the same and change SimSkin to SimStandardMaterial. Then add a line..name it stdMatAlphaTestEnabled with a value of 1.
Sort list, commit.
To cut down on your skirt file size, since the bottom is only the shoe part, you can delete the skirt texture from your image, leaving just the shoe part.
For the noblend, since it is just the skirt part and not the shoes, you can delete the shoe part from your image, leaving just the skirt part.
Should it looks like this now?
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:22 PM
Put skintone and shoe parts on the "skin" layer (top/bottom), and the actual clothes on the noblend layers (separate textures and mesh groups for top/bottom and noblend). Only the top/bottom groups overlay each other ingame, so this would solve your problems.

Open up another 4t2 or 3t2 conversion (pants and top) and see how it's done. Usually, the top/bottom layers have invisible textures, or just shoes or non-TS4 details, and the actual texture of the outfit is on the noblend.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:29 PM
Thank you both! I managed to fix them.