Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Default Get them off the spindle
I'm not sure how I did it, but I accidentally added two Peteran acolytes to my spindle in freetime, and when I switched sim, they didn't drop off. To get rid of them, I exited without saving, but I wonder if there is a better way. I want more playable sims in each household, but I want to be able to switch households, and not have some sims stay on the spindle all the time. I didn't add them deliberately, by using add to household or anything. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:55 PM
You probably shift/right-clicked on them? That makes a sim selectable. To un-select shift/right-click again (you have to try a few times maybe, it doesn't always work at first)

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
You probably shift/right-clicked on them? That makes a sim selectable. To un-select shift/right-click again (you have to try a few times maybe, it doesn't always work at first)

That is probably what I did -- Thanks. How is that effectively different from "add to household"? Because I do want to have deliberately selectable sims for each house.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:18 PM
Hmmm, no, adding to household doesn't make them automatically selectable when you enter that household in Free Time or during a Quest. At least not until someone figures a mod for that. As I mentioned in another thread "adding to household" doesn't do much except having Sims more often in the house and sleeping in their beds (and eating your food and drinking your beer? But the whole town is already doing that!)

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Hmmm, no, adding to household doesn't make them automatically selectable when you enter that household in Free Time or during a Quest. At least not until someone figures a mod for that. As I mentioned in another thread "adding to household" doesn't do much except having Sims more often in the house and sleeping in their beds (and eating your food and drinking your beer? But the whole town is already doing that!)

Okay, gotcha! That makes more sense now. I can shift-right click to make an npc sim playable or not playable, but making them a household member will only get them to hang out at the lot belonging to the selected sim.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:55 PM
It appears the way TSM handles "Active household" is different from TS3, so the carry-over text is a bit misleading. It is after all a Dev tool, not intended for the average player to have to navigate.