Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 1:06 AM Last edited by MCGamer20000 : 13th Sep 2018 at 9:16 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Freezing on Neighborhood Load Screen
My Sims 2 Ultimate Collection has been consistently freezing for the past month while loading a neighborhood. I have a high-end computer but I have tried waiting at least 15 minutes (and I still have the game open as I type this post). When it freezes, the music even stops playing as it stops responding. I have already tried deleting all my CC, repairing the game, reinstalling the game, and deleting the save folder entirely. Nothing has worked. There's also nothing in my Logs folder other than the config log. I have been able to play the game on this computer before so I don't know what could be causing the game to break (other than Windows updates). I am playing on Windows 10. Here's my config log, if it helps:
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:09 AM
Okay well first you haven't done your graphics rules, see in your log where it doesn't know your card. However I see you are on a Radeon, they had issues with breaking directX9 games. My game would run but if added cc it couldn't save. My cure was buying a new Nvidia card.
But before you get as drastic as I needed to, do the graphic rules. Posts and details are in the sticky area.

Also if instead of uploading files if you can copy and paste into your post and use spoiler tags-thank you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay well first you haven't done your graphics rules, see in your log where it doesn't know your card. However I see you are on a Radeon, they had issues with breaking directX9 games. My game would run but if added cc it couldn't save. My cure was buying a new Nvidia card.
But before you get as drastic as I needed to, do the graphic rules. Posts and details are in the sticky area.

Also if instead of uploading files if you can copy and paste into your post and use spoiler tags-thank you.

I'm aware of the Graphics Rules. Considering I reinstalled the game a few times, I wanted to get it working before redoing the graphics rules (since I would have to do it repeatedly otherwise). However, I noticed my game loads correctly if I go to the tutorial and exit before loading my neighborhood. However, I have to do this every time I open the game. I'd rather figure out the cause of the problem than rely on a workaround (that requires two extra loading screens).

EDIT: Also, I don't think my Radeon is the problem. The game used to work just fine when I first got this computer. I haven't made any hardware or driver changes (other than updates) since then.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:20 AM
It was an update that broke them, both a windows update, plus a driver update put out by AMD. You might want to Google Radeon + Adrenalin +directX9. The game not loading on directX9 games is one of the issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It was an update that broke them, both a windows update, plus a driver update put out by AMD. You might want to Google Radeon + Adrenalin +directX9. The game not loading on directX9 games is one of the issues.

From what I found on Google, those Radeon issues were from January and were already fixed. I've only had this computer for a month and as I've stated, the game did work before. In fact, I know I updated my drivers before I even downloaded Origin. In addition, as I said, the game does load if I open and exit the tutorial first, but I have to do it each time I open the game. I doubt it's a graphics card problem if the game is still able to load with a workaround.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 8:49 AM
You still need to get your graphic rules done. Your card isn't in the database and you are running on 1024MB when you should be on 4096MB.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 1:23 AM
Okay, wow. I figured out the cause of the problem. Discord Overlay is actually preventing the game from loading. The game started working correctly after disabling Discord Overlay and broke again after re-enabling it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 2:51 AM
Wow, okay, that's a new one to me. Discord comes in more than one form, maybe try another.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
I use the online version myself for just this sort of reason (though it never, in my experience, affected the game like that).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:05 PM
Mine is saved as a program and loads up when I turn on my computer. I have never had an issue with it and sims, but I am on win 7.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:20 AM
Yeah I uninstalled that Jo. I don't like programmes that install themselves and then think I want them to be running all the time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc