Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:35 PM Last edited by goderguy : 4th May 2019 at 7:38 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default All hair available in all categories? [RESOLVED]
I recently switched the hair on my YA male Sim. I kept the padlock locked, so it would change it for all categories. It did change for the basic 6 categories, but did not for career. When I went into the career section through "change appearance," the new hair wasn't available, and I noticed that there were several (5-10 or more) less hairs to choose from than in the main categories. Two questions - why aren't all hairs available in all categories, and how do I fix that? I do have Twallan's MC and many of the other modules from NRAAS, but I don't see a way to change hairs.

goderguy
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:42 PM
Are the hairs installed as .sims3packs or .package?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Are the hairs installed as .sims3packs or .package?

I’m pretty sure the hairs in question are either content included with base game or EP/SP, or a TS3 Store item, so .sims3packs. I have few to no CC hairs that are package files. I’m also looking for a global solution, not just a way to convert one or two hairs manually/individually.

goderguy
Instructor
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:14 PM
That could be a function of dresser, but the best place to ask and get a quick response is probably over at Nrass https://www.nraas.net/community/. I honestly can’t remember if anything in Nrass removes hair restrictions like that, I do know it can disable the gender tags, but I have been without a computer for a while now and not been able to play (yes it is absolutely horrible not being able to play).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2019 at 7:38 PM Last edited by goderguy : 5th May 2019 at 3:50 AM.
I was able to select from all hairs using the stylist feature in Master Controller; I could choose any hair, male or female. I just wonder why career hairs are limited. And the hair in question was base game or EP/SP, so not even CC... thank you!

goderguy
Instructor
#6 Old 6th May 2019 at 6:32 AM
The career outfit was added with one of the updates and I don’t think they ever marked all hair as usable in that category. Kind of silly that they didn’t.