Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:55 PM
Default How Best to Role Play!
OK I am coming at this game as someone who REALLY loved the Skyrim and Fallout 3 modding communities. Those are great games, even better communities and I want to kinda of recapture that sense of magic all over again so I was looking for a new game with a SIMilar (see what I did there modding community. So when I found this forum and read up on all the cool mods I said to myself I have to get this game. I quickly purchased it but to be honest I have not even installed it yet because I am just having so much fun reading all the cool articles about the best mods available. I want my first time experience to awesome and I know I will only get one chance to do this right!

As you can tell I am big into role playing and I think RP is what this game is really all about. My goal in this thread is to let you know how I wish to RP and then hopeful get the right mods/advice to set out on my journey in Sims. I hope I am in the right board. Also as a side note I notice there is also thesimsresource.com (TSR), may I ask what sets this community here apart from them? Also I am having trouble finding exactly where best to get the mods. Is this site best? I see your download page and search feature so I guess I just find them all there. I wish there was a way to show all mods by popularity, this is a feature I love on other modding websites for other games, perhaps that can be incorporated at some point. Also if anyone wants to point me to easy to read install walkthru that would be good although I am sure google and YouTube will have plenty.

OK onto how I wish to RP, I want to essentially do a sort of Legacy challenge and that seems to work well with the base game and a first time play through. I like medieval castle-like structures and towns so any ideas there are welcome. I saw a few worlds/villages others had built so I may look into that and I am sure I can build or buy some kind of castle so that I can keep all my main family members in one place. Romance is important to me so if anyone has any best suggestions on nude mods or the like feel free to offer ideas there too, basic stuff will suffice (I don't need to have sex with the cat) and also plan on only having sex once married although there may have to be the odd mistress here or there (when the wife is pregnant). Perhaps the main thing I would like to RP is "clean" my town up by removing certain types of people, sims that fit a specific criteria. Now it seems there are mods that will essentially remove all of a types in my town (and I am open to best suggestions on that one) but I also thought it might be fun to RP here as well and get rid of such people in a more rewarding way, eg perhaps kill them off or drive them out of town somehow. Again I have never played the base game before so not sure how this can possibly be done through the main vanilla game mechanics or which mod. Thanks in advance and...

All the best happy gaming to all!!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2019 at 11:35 AM
Kinda a quite forum
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th May 2019 at 2:57 AM Last edited by blackberry_ramble : 22nd May 2019 at 4:14 AM.
The best thing I can think of ....
https://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/po...ust-the-monthly
https://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/

This Discord group might be what you're looking for!