Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:03 AM
Default Best Vacation Location? (island, mountain, far east)
I have not yet added any vacation destinations to my game and I was wondering, of the three types, which one has the best benefits (or is the most fun)?

I have an SC4 that I would like to use for ONE main vacation destination (it has beach areas, plains, mountains, etc.) but since there are 3 types (island, mountain, far east) of locations I was wondering, is it was best to just use the Maxis destinations or is it okay to pick one type of vacationing spot for a custom map <if so, which one?>?

I would imagine each destination type has it's individual benefits (sea shanty/optional things to do), can anyone tell me what they are?
And if I use my own custom map, will I still get the added features like with the Maxis destinations?

I hope I've explained what I mean well enough.
Thanks,
Tatatouille
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:42 AM
I personally like the Island (Twikkii Island) one. I prefer soaking up on the beach over to hiking in the woods or constantly minding my manners.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 3:58 AM
I believe the secret lots, the gestures, the tours, the dances, the special massage techniques and the ninja are specific to the location. The far east doesn't get a dance, but the secret lot offers tai-chi and it's the only one with the ninja. I might have forgotten something as well, but most of the other special memories are tied to objects or beach lots, that you can freely place even in your regular neighborhood.

So it should be possible to have one vacation destination, that offers beach activities, log rolling, axe throwing, fire dancing, zen garden grooming, the monkey ruins thing, the lucky shrine, mahjong playing, camping grounds, tea drinking and everything else, that is tied to an object.

I have never tried it, but I think it may be possible to place different food stands and souvenir racks in the same vacation destination as well. And the sea shanty may just be tied to the pirate ship, which you can place as well.

If you make your own destination, you have to pick one type to determine dances, gestures etc. and making your own secret lot is a little tricky, I think. You could still built one that offers a lot of activities from all three maxis destinations. Your sims just won't be able to fill all the vacation memories, but they don't really do anything anyway
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 4:04 AM
Sorry for deleting the last post but you just answered a lot of my questions so thanks!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 3:25 PM
Souvenier racks only work in the correct location, f.e. in a beach type location you can place all 3 racks, but only the beach one will sell you souveniers. The other two give an error message along the lines of "We do not have those foreign items in stock right now".
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Souvenier racks only work in the correct location, f.e. in a beach type location you can place all 3 racks, but only the beach one will sell you souveniers. The other two give an error message along the lines of "We do not have those foreign items in stock right now".

There is a mod for that here at mts. I'm on mobile so I can't link it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerkku
There is a mod for that here at mts. I'm on mobile so I can't link it.

Just downloaded that one. The BV general store with the stupid reversed souvenir stands that I put in my hood was driving me mad.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=296066

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:23 PM
I love Takemizu Village and the first thing my simmies do when they go there is buying traditional asian clothes(kimonos?). They also learn how to teleport and that is handy when they go home. I love Tai-Chi too, because I was obsessed with Asian culture
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:17 PM
I guess I will stick to the Maxis destinations and just add them all. I wouldn't want to miss out on features like learning how to teleport... and I've never met a Ninja, lol. I'll skip the Sea shanty tho, I've heard it's rather annoying.
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:52 PM
Aw, I love the Sea Shanty. Yo ho ho.
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:04 PM
I love Takemizu Village too. The ability to teleport is my absolute favourite. I also adore Asian culture.
And Twikkii Island is my least favourite, I guess it's because I currently live by the seaside and find "beaching" and sunbathing really annoying. Not to mention most of the unique seaside vacation moments can be completed in the regular hoods.
Link Ninja
#12 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:37 PM
As far as things to do, I think Twikkii has the most because a beach allows you to do a lot more actions as well as the pirate ship and the ruins. I do like all three but if I had to pick one it would be Twikki. (Unlike polen above I live in the midwestern US so there are NO beaches around, lol)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#13 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tatatouille
I guess I will stick to the Maxis destinations and just add them all. I wouldn't want to miss out on features like learning how to teleport... and I've never met a Ninja, lol. I'll skip the Sea shanty tho, I've heard it's rather annoying.

If you do decide to have your own custom destination, Neder on here has a modded painting that will allow your sims to learn to teleport & thi chi. Plus treeag also has a "telepot anywhere" mod that I love & in my had goes hand in hand with Neder's. I use both these in my alien hood, one day I'll learn how to mod things & maybe use the dialling a phone animation instead (Beam me Up idea lol)