Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:28 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Where are the backups in SimPE?
I am looking for the backup files that SimPE makes for neighborhoods so I can give them meaningful names. I've seen them before, but can't find them now. Please, where are they?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM
They're inside the EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/Nxxx folder - "Nxxx_Neighborhood.bkp"

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:21 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM.
SimPE makes a folder for the proper backups (they're not bkp files, just copies of the folders) - I think inside the The Sims 2 folder in My Documents but I'll have to check when I get on the other side of my computer.

Edit - so here's a picture. SimPE puts the folder in the top level of the EA Games folder: My Documents\EA Games and, as you can see, just copies the neighbourhood folder in there. This is from Win7 - I'd assume it'd be the same for Win8 and 10.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
SimPE makes a folder for the proper backups (they're not bkp files, just copies of the folders) - I think inside the The Sims 2 folder in My Documents but I'll have to check when I get on the other side of my computer.

Edit - so here's a picture. SimPE puts the folder in the top level of the EA Games folder: My Documents\EA Games and, as you can see, just copies the neighbourhood folder in there. This is from Win7 - I'd assume it'd be the same for Win8 and 10.

Oh, yeah! I thought I remembered it was someplace obvious! Thank you!