Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 3:27 AM
Default Vacation property owner deceased, deed missing!
A long time ago (so long I forgot) my Sim Abby bought a vacation home on Twikki Island. I don't think she ever went there although I recall a pop-up saying she had to make a first trip before playing or something like that. Apparently she died shortly after purchasing the property. She had a first husband whom I put in the Sim Bin because they fought and I moved him out. She had no other husband and had five children but only two by him.

It took me forever to track them down but now I know the only direct decendents are the missing husband who's lived in the Bin for years, and adult twins.

Neither of her children have the deed. I have moved her binned husband back into the game but he doesn't have the deed in his inventory. None of the twins' half-siblings have it either. One wants to vacation on Twikki but always gets the message that there's no room on the island and his vacation is cancelled.

My question is: Who gets the deed to a vacation property upon the death of a deed holder?

Also, is it possible the game can calculate that the binned husband should have it and perhaps it will appear when he's played? I haven't played him yet; he's just appeared on the lawn.

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and has the answer. I'm afraid that none of my Sims in the game can go to Twikki...will check that out tomorrow.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 3:43 AM
I don't use vacation homes all that often, but when one of my Sims who owns one dies, there's a popup that tells you who got the deed. Usually, it's the spouse (if they have one) or a child of the deceased. I honestly can't remember if the inheritor will have an actual deed in his/her inventory. He/she might just have an invisible token. Was she still married to the binned husband? (As in, did you actually break them up, or did you just move him out and bin him?)

Anyway, I think what I'd do is have each possible inheritor try to book a vacation at Twikki. (You don't have to go through with it; just get to the screen where you can pick where the vacationer(s) will stay. I'm pretty sure you can still exit at that point. And if you can't, you can just immediately cancel the vacation you "test-booked.") Whoever is the inheritor should have the house as a possible place to stay for the vacation, even if they don't have an actual deed in their inventory.

But whatever the case, having a lost deed won't make the whole vacation hood unplayable. At worst, it'll make just that vacation house unplayable, until you find out who owns it. I think, anyway...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:53 PM
Well, I've looked in every house in my neighbourhood and no-one has that vacation lot deed, including the deceased owner's children or her ex-husband I brought back from the Sims Bin. Not one of them can book a vacation on Twikki, even if they choose another hotel, etc. Game says "There's not enough room for your party and vacation will be cancelled and money refunded".

I went to Twikki and tried to demolish the vacation property but that got stuck half-way through. Had to shut my game down to get out of it.

I am going to try a family with no association to the Mandel clan and see if they can access Twikki but I doubt it.

BTW, how can one define the "default family", as the property pop-up described those who can access that property? Since I've tried all the late Sim's relatives, it seem the game is messed up rather than I've just missed whoever got the deed. As I said, no-one in the neighbourhood has that darned deed and Twikki is now unplayable. What to do?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:54 PM
I never play vacation lots but if you click on an owned community lot it always tells you who the owner is. I suppose this would apply for vacation lots too.

Also if you misplace a deed there is a function on the phone that says "order deed", try this with all possible inheritants and see who can order a copy of the deed
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bunnylips
Well, I've looked in every house in my neighbourhood and no-one has that vacation lot deed, including the deceased owner's children or her ex-husband I brought back from the Sims Bin. Not one of them can book a vacation on Twikki, even if they choose another hotel, etc. Game says "There's not enough room for your party and vacation will be cancelled and money refunded".

I'mma thinkin' that your Twikki is borked. And I'm thinking that it was probably borked when your Sim died, which is perhaps why the vacation lot didn't inherit properly. If you're getting a message that there's not enough room at the inn, so to speak, then apparently the game thinks that there are still Sims there vacationing in that house. And I really don't know enough to know what to do to fix that. I HAVE heard that BV has some glitchiness associated with it. I haven't had any problems, myself, but...?

If it's possible to "disconnect" vacation 'hoods from your neighborhood, I'd say do that and then reconnect it again. Maybe that will clear things out. Of course, if you had the vacation house all decked out nicely and such, you'll lose it, but it seems to me that it's pretty much lost anyway, so...yeah.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 9:46 PM
It's Miss Scarlett with the candlestick in the conservatory.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:26 PM
I think iCad is right, your Twikki is borked I use holiday homes a lot, and when the owner dies there's always a pop up telling me that the house/houses will be passed on to another sim. Usually it's either a spouse or a child, but if the deceased sim was single with no children it's usually the oldest housemate. Not sure what happens if they live alone, none of my sims do.

Yes, do try to disconnect Twikki, then reconnect it, this might clear whatever the problem is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 7:28 PM
Update for those who care: I brought her ex back from the Sim Bin but found he had no deed to the vacation property so didn't play him. Instead I sent a newly created Sim with NO ties to anyone in the 'hood to Twikkii but vacation house was still there with grayed-out suitcase rotating above it.

Then I sent the ex to Twikkii and lo!...the vacation property was gone. I have no idea how this resolved in this manner but I sure am glad this is finished. Thanks to those who responded.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:07 PM
I am having some trouble with my Sims 2 Bon Voyage which seems slightly similar to this issue. I am having trouble with one vacation destination in one neighborhood (Veronaville). The game won't let my sims go on an island vacation. (They can go to the far east and go camping, but not to the island destination.) The taxi won't even come for them when they book the vacation. Instead, their money is refunded because there is a message that says the vacation destination does not have room for my vacation party. This happens even with the sims who own a vacation home on the island. (I don't think the owners died, but when I looked for a deed I didn't see that they had one, either.) I decided to bulldoze the vacation home to see if that would take care of the problem, but it didn't work. I even created a new sim and tried to send her to Twikkii island, but that didn't work either. It's becoming very frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening/how to fix it? I read something on here about "disconnecting" Twikkii and "reconnecting" it, but I'm not sure what that means/how to do it. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks!
Site Helper
#10 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:51 PM
Problems with your game really belong in the Sims 2 Help forum.