Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1626 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:02 AM
Got some new mods that create the fence and ditch-filler around a basement; like how the basement "apartment" patio came out. To bad you can't get the camera to go down to that level! Here's the layout (unfinished)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1627 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:27 AM
That second pic looks like the restaurant in The Bold and the Beautiful :D
Mad Poster
#1628 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Got some new mods that create the fence and ditch-filler around a basement; like how the basement "apartment" patio came out. To bad you can't get the camera to go down to that level!

It depends on what camera and camera mod you're using. You might be able to get down in there with Cameraman Mode or Free Camera or First Person Camera or whatever it's called (the Tab key). Q lowers the camera while E (elevate) raises it.

I have a mix of modded cameras, but that particular camera in my game is one by Gunmod and I'm pretty sure it would get down in there.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642
Top Secret Researcher
#1629 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 1:37 PM
Oooh please say there's a tutorial or something for that basement patio somewhere!

Now that the snow is gone (unlike in real life) it's time to do everything outside again. *sigh* I just love the feel of a summer party.

As Finnian looks on at his aunt and uncle, he thinks to himself, "I hope Reed and I are like that when we get to that age."

Nicole insisted on baking a cake for her auntie before she went to bed. Genesis watches fondly and hopes her own child will be this cute.
(Nicole's swimwear is an ah, unintended side-effect of my child clothing mod. I like the everydaywear effect, but this is...
Ah well. Let's say she didn't have a swimsuit so her dad pulled out his old one. She's only like five anyway.)

It's always interesting to see who the hot tub crowd is at these parties. This time it's Finnian's brother Gabriel, their cousin Ingrid, and Ingrid's twin sister's fiance Orlando.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#1630 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It depends on what camera and camera mod you're using. You might be able to get down in there with Cameraman Mode or Free Camera or First Person Camera or whatever it's called (the Tab key). Q lowers the camera while E (elevate) raises it.

I have a mix of modded cameras, but that particular camera in my game is one by Gunmod and I'm pretty sure it would get down in there.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=97642

=
I already have a camera mod that I like (might be one of Gunmod's - don't remember and can't even FIND right now). I'm afraid to change to above one, just to get "floor level" view of basements, in case I lost other things my mod does.

Mad Poster
#1631 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
[QUOTE=StrangeTownChick]Oooh please say there's a tutorial or something for that basement patio somewhere!QUOTE]

Let me see if I can find the mods; both are squares that you place at the upper ground at the edge of the slope. One makes a flat wall (with lots of choices of wall and fence at the top), one "fills in the ditch" with different "ground covers", and then you can add plants with move-objects. It can be kind of tricky and I actually wrote a "how to" for myself.

Top Secret Researcher
#1632 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
Cool. I'd love to be able to do something like that.
Also I'm not even sorry this is my third post in like a day and a half. I've been playing a lot!

The first baby to be born on-campus has arrived. Little Olivia Agnarsson is cuddled by her mother. She didn't spend a whole lot of time on campus though--Julia only had four hours til her final final here.

Another new arrival, Paul, and Julia's cousin, Gabriel, have a little father-son naptime.

At Julia's twin sister Ingrid's wedding, the guests gather around to eat cake and chat and...what the hell are you wearing, Randy? You...you don't even have shoes!

Being the only kid at a party full of grown-ups doesn't mean you can't have any fun! Nicole happily bounced on Ingrid and Holly's new bed for hours.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1633 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
[QUOTE=StrangeTownChick]Oooh please say there's a tutorial or something for that basement patio somewhere!QUOTE]

Let me see if I can find the mods; both are squares that you place at the upper ground at the edge of the slope. One makes a flat wall (with lots of choices of wall and fence at the top), one "fills in the ditch" with different "ground covers", and then you can add plants with move-objects. It can be kind of tricky and I actually wrote a "how to" for myself.

It's tbudgett I think - their cover up slope mods:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=313232
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=453687
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...0&u=74345&f=380

Very useful - I have a few other tricks to do that too but those are very easy to use in my experience.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#1634 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:54 PM Last edited by grammapat : 10th Mar 2018 at 9:50 AM. Reason: pictures
Yes, thanks. The first ones are the ones I have. My only complaint is that, even with that big patio, the windows won't let the light in..guess I need to ask about that.
Here are pictures of the finished area:

and yes, it's tricky to place the walls, trench covers, and plants

Mad Poster
#1635 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:50 AM
I already have a camera mod that I like (might be one of Gunmod's - don't remember and can't even FIND right now). I'm afraid to change to above one, just to get "floor level" view of basements, in case I lost other things my mod does.

Try it with the camera mod you already have. Gunmod's can't be the only one that would get down in there. Just make sure you use the Tab key camera and lower it down with the Q key.
Mad Poster
#1636 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:01 PM Last edited by grammapat : 12th Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM.
I knew about TAB and Z (to zoom in), didn't know about Q!
=
But rats, it does the same thing as Z & X - moves forward and back, but does NOT LOWER the camera. Anywhere but a basement, you can get the camera to look like "you" are sitting on the ground, and can actually tip back and see ceilings. But in basements, it's only like you were STANDING on the ground level, looking down.

Mad Poster
#1637 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:01 PM
Q to go down, and remember..E to get back up!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#1638 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:32 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 21st Oct 2018 at 6:23 AM. Reason: Attached pictures directly due to MYP issues
Little Muffy got lectured by her mom. And became best friends with her anyway.

Screenshots
Link Ninja
#1639 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 4:34 AM
Default Life of Jag
Jag lives in an apartment in Scandalica City with his dog, Paris. When he's not painting still life he's trying to gain skillz for his job. Paris is a service dog so she's away most of the day like him, to help out with bills He's trying to make it as a professional gamer but his apartment is more than his job pays so on his days off he is a barista at Blackwheel Bus Station.

Jag reads on his tiny apartment balcony when he has some down time

Paris is a good doggo

Standing around serving cappuccinos to make the extra $$

Paris usually sleeps in her dog house but she was so tired after her walk she slept in Jag's bed

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#1640 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 8:21 AM
Not only excellent pictures, but very sweet.

Link Ninja
#1641 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:42 AM
@grammapat - thank you for the compliment! I love getting and giving those warm sim feels <3

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#1642 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 7:43 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 21st Oct 2018 at 6:27 AM. Reason: Attached pictures directly due to MYP issues
In a Bluewater Village attached to one of my oldest neighborhoods, Denise Jacquet repeatedly threw error after error whenever she visited a community lot - even when I was playing her. (This is an old neighborhood made from Maxis templates - the Maxis version of Denise always seems to be buggy.) I got tired of this, so I used Rodney's Death Creator to kill her by fire.

Denise's son Gilbert is so shocked and stunned by his mother's death that he can't stop thinking about ... his grandmother!

Gilbert's wife is a bit shallow. She quickly becomes bored and wanders off to obsess over the family piano. Again. The gardener is worse and, while bringing raked leaves to the kitchen trash compactor, thoughtlessly tramples Denise's ashes.

"Oh well, too bad Mom's dead, but at least my wife is a fantastic piano player!" (He's being polite - at that time she only had three Creativity points.)

Screenshots
Scholar
#1643 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:13 PM

...I think Don has a history of calling my redhead asshole girls.
Forum Resident
#1644 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
Hermia's stoked she got demoted.

Dina and Nina

Darren proposing to Brandi

Goth vacation
Top Secret Researcher
#1645 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM

When Holly asked for an easel, and I obliged to see if she'd roll a want to adopt like Ingrid did, I put it on the back porch so she could be inspired by nature. I did not expect her to be so inspired that she'd go out and start painting it in the middle of her wedding party.

It's cute when couples have matching aesthetics.

Julia's wedding guests found some...interesting forms of entertainment. This was the first of four pillow fights at the event. Hey, Julia and Orlando are already parents and Julia's trying to set up a robot shop, so their furniture is pretty bare-bones!

"Hey you! Cook! Run and tell Keith that his daughter is here!"

Mad Poster
#1646 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:16 PM
Her father had a masculine strong jaw..poor kid has...gills?

and that's not the worst of it, she has a turtle neck

Lab Assistant
#1647 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:22 AM

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Lab Assistant
#1648 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:38 PM
Checo is finally happy...
Screenshots

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#1649 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:25 PM
I haven't liked this sim since he was a toddler, and as a pudgy, lazy, "gift to the ladies" I like him even less

but then he is a great dad (all by HIMSELF!)

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1650 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:44 PM
He also has a chin you could slice cake with.

How come his hair chest disappeared under the t-shirt/vest?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 66 of 120