Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:49 PM
Changing Hotel into residence
I was thinking about putting the Twikki Beach Hotel in my beach neighborhood and rezoning it as a residence. Will the Fire Dancer still be there and what all do I need to make it work? I do have a copy of it in the Houses and Lots bin.

Prince Avalanche
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:18 PM
I have done this with the fire dancer to get him on a resident home business where I had a tiki theme. Yes he is still there and functional but never get married or relationship with him or get a bad game glitch. Just to let him dance all day no glitching. And if you get tired of him change back to com lot and delete him then back to res again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:20 PM
The fire dancer should be attached to the object (a mat, I believe) that he uses. So you don't have to actually import a hotel to get him on a lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 4:31 PM
Thanks. What do I need to make the Hotel work as a residence?

Prince Avalanche
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prince Avalanche
Thanks. What do I need to make the Hotel work as a residence?

Just open the cheat window when you're on the lot in build mode and type "changelotzoning residential" (without the quotation marks). Then you'll likely need a mailbox and trash can for it. You can download buyable ones for this purpose. After that, it'll be residential, but I imagine you'll want to do some remodeling. And doesn't that lot have a restaurant on it? I don't think those actually work on residential lots, so...Yeah, you'll definitely want to do some remodeling/re-purposing.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:54 PM
Restaurants do work on residential lots, but like the fire dancer they will be working at what they are set to do 24 hours a day. I know the one time I tried a restaurant at home their non stop actions got tiresome very quickly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:25 PM
Thanks.

Prince Avalanche