Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 11:31 AM
Default NVIDIA GeForce GT620?
Hello,

My mum has bought me a computer for gaming, but it has an NVIDIA GeForce GT620 graphics card. Looking at this thread here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements It's suggesting that the graphics card is unable to play the Sims 3 and its expansion packs.

Could someone possibly explain why that is and what the effects on the game are? There seems to be a period of NVIDIA failure (605-620) in terms of playing Sims, and I just wondered if they changed something in their manufacturing for that to be so, and yet their following ones appear to work well?

Many thanks for any help,

Bethan.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 2:13 PM
Nvidia makes a series of video cards every year or so. This year, its the 7XX series, last year was 6XX and the year before was 5XX.

The 6XX series contained a number of cards ranging from very weak to very powerful. Obviously the more powerful ones cost more than the weaker ones.

GTX 680 - $500
GTX 670 - $400
GTX 660 Ti - $300
GTX 660 - $230
GTX 650 - $109
GT 640 - $ 99
GT 620 - $ ???

Basically the bigger the number, the more powerful the card is and the better it will play the game. Inversely the lower the number, the cheaper the card is and it won't be able to play the game as well.

When you get to the GT 620 level, the card is so weak that it won't even be able to play The Sims 3. But its cheap. It's not meant for games, but for watching high definition video. The other cards can play The Sims 3 because they are more powerful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:11 PM
Ahhhh, I see. Thank you very much — this is very helpful!