Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 1:39 AM
A Broken Rose~Chapter 1
~I am really nervous about posting this. I have never really shown off my work, but my friends and family think I am an excellent writer for a middle school student. Well, here goes!~

Chapter 1-The Beginning

Anne Sullivan was the prettiest girl in all of Wilson County. She had fair, pale skin. her hair was a rich auburn color. Her cheeks were rosy pink, just like a newborn baby. Here eyese were as blue as the sky on a spring day.

Although her appearance would make her seem proper, stuffy, and lady-like, she was anything but. She loved anything adventerous. Climbing trees, exploring around Bear Creek, and crawling through things (maily prches and fences) are some of her favorites.

Anne's story starts on the summer of her 18th birthday. She had become an adult by law a week earlier, but she was as fun-loving and care-free as ever. On this particular Saturday morning, Anne found her self standing on the branch of an old apple tree. She was on her tip-toes reaching for a perfectly plump red apple. She had just grabbed it when she heard a crack. The branck she was standing on gave, and it fell to the ground. Anne grabbed the branch above her just in time as the broken branch rolled down the hill. The bark was very slick, and it was difficult for Anne to keep her grip. Even though she tried her best, Anne's fingers slipped and she fell.