Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 11:21 PM
My Current Target Date is March 1st. In order to get it out at that time, I may not be able to include an import feature until a later update, but we'll see.

I was able to find one of my old backups so I do have some of my old code, which is speeding things up.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 11:59 PM
New Feature: Auto Notes; On the Sim List tab is a check box, if you check it, then, significant events will be automatically added to the sims Notes Section.

Each note will be preceeded with the Sim Date (Age / Total days old)

---
Theorist
#78 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:16 AM
Reba, if possible, please take a little more time before releasing it, but make old data transferrable. I'm sure people would be very grateful for that, because otherwise we couldn't start using your new program anyway, if only for a new hood.

And I love all of your new features and ideas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:32 AM
I will be able to add an import feature, I am just not sure if all of the data will port over correctly, however, most of it will.

IceMan, I just added the count feature to the Lifetime Wants Section

3:30 am - Going to bed now.

---
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:51 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out. Sounds like it is coming along.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 5:56 PM
Would it be helpful if the Sim Tracker had a feature to list only Aliens, Werewolves, Vampires, etc?

---
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 8:11 AM
I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean by "list only Aliens, Werewolves, Vampires, etc?"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 7:11 PM
You know how the sim list has a filter on it that shows All Sims, Sims in the main hood, Sims in the selected-subhodd, or sims in the selected house?

I've added two filte options, Sims that are alive, and sims that are dead.

I was wondering if I should add filters for Aliens, Werewolves, Vampires, and other things like that.

The way I've done the coding, filtering the lists will be a lot easier.

---
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 7:55 PM
Oh! Yes, if it is possible, please. And that is good to know about alive/dead.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 3:52 AM
Remember those Quick View pages for Houses and Sims?

This time I am doing them in HTML Format. You will be able to save them, print them, and even post them to your own website if you like.

---
Inventor
#86 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
Remember those Quick View pages for Houses and Sims?

This time I am doing them in HTML Format. You will be able to save them, print them, and even post them to your own website if you like.
You are my hero for this. I will totally use it for my Test of Time neighborhood, which I an chronicling on my website. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Mad Poster
#87 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:31 PM
Oh I'm liking the sound of the planned updates! I'd find it handy to know who the vampires and witches are, it'd make it easier to know who my knowledge sims should be looking out for.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 3:29 PM
I thought of a couple more things. I'd like to record when a household has been burglarized. Also when my teens sneak out and whether they were successful or not. The last thing I thought of was I'd like to be able to record what wishes my sims have been granted. (That way I know which wishes I don't need to wish for again.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 10:10 PM
Violet: Thank you for the high praise. I am also doing Quick View HTML for Businesses and Pets. You may need to do some small bit of editing for the pictures to show up online, but I am trying to think of a way to make that completely automatic as well (Save the pictue in the same folder as the rest of the HTML page, and edit the page in reguards to that.)

SushiGal: I am getting excited about this project as well. I find myself staying up till 3am working on it.

Iceman, I guess what they say is true, great minds do think alike, I just got finished adding those trackers to the program

If you turn on Auto Notes (Which may be on by default, I have not decided yet), then when a wish is granted, a listing is made for it in the notes section. You can then edit it to show what wish was granted. I'll try to add that feature in somehow, but space is becoming a premium.

One big change; many of the options you had to go to the options page for, can now be updated right from the main screen. Each list page has it's own options panel.
Another big option, will be the ability to set your own colors for the program. Want your buttons to be red, set them.
A lot of the things that did not work consistantly have been resolved as well.
If I can figure out how to do it, I want to add a report creator, where you can design your own reports.

The reports page is now a tab on the main screen, and the information pages will show up there as well. You will also be able to edit and save the information pages, as well as printing them out.
All printing functions have been vastly improved (Having learned more about how to print in VB.net).

I'll post some more news as a go along.

---
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:32 AM
I think I've been on Facebook too long because I was just thinking, "Where's the Like Button?" LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemandeaf
I think I've been on Facebook too long because I was just thinking, "Where's the Like Button?" LOL

It's at the bottom of the comment, and is called "Agree"

---
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
It's at the bottom of the comment, and is called "Agree"

Or would it be "Love"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 4:34 PM
Forgot to mention, You will be able to write, save, and add your own information pages, which you can then share with the community.

I am also going to add a Sim Wiki direct Intergration Feature.

---
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 9:30 PM
I don't know if this is something that would be possible or even commonly used, but I was wondering if there was a way to make a record of the finances of the various sims (ie business value), so I can have a "stock market" type of report of all of "Sim Nation".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 1:54 AM
There is already a place to input the value of houses, I can add one for businesses too. If you can be more specific as to what you are thinking, it would help me impliment it better.

---
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 2:30 AM
Yes, I would like to have an input value for businesses as well. What I was thinking was having a report to be able to show how business/household has done over a period of time in a graph form, as well as how the entire neighborhood has done over a period of time. I know that would require entering data every sim day and some people wouldn't want to do that, but the idea came to me because there is the previous 5 days graph that businesses have. I've often wondered how the other businesses are doing in relations to each other as well as the household too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:12 AM
I'll see what I can do, this may need to wait for an update. But I'll do my best to put it in right away.

---
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:02 AM
I completely understand that. I am just glad that you are even considering it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:49 PM
The Pets Tab is nearing completion, As with Sims, the Sim Tracker will now keep track of how old your pets are.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 2:40 AM
IceMan, do you have the job level descriptions for pet jobs?

I could not find them on the Sims Wiki.

---
Page 4 of 9