Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 7:08 AM
Default The Sims 4's Not-So-Subtle Insertion of Their Doomsday Wish With Each New Expansion, Stuff, and Game Pack
I know I'm not the only one who's noticed the odd things in the recent packs that have been released.

In Get to Work, the Sims 4 version of aliens were revealed and their powers weren't built up like in the Vampires Game Pack, so, you're able to have an evil, ruthless alien that can wipe some Sim's memory if they catch you, you can travel to a desolate alien planet, etc. You are also given the ability to care for ill Sims on your own when you unlock the machines a physician uses in the hospital. This can help when some Sims can't actually leave their home lot for whatever reason. Same goes for the Scientist career. You're left with the opportunity to create incredible inventions and use fancy tech to attract aliens or keep them far away.

In City Living, protesting was introduced, leading to what could be the start of a revolution when harnessed correctly in a future pack.

In Seasons, the harsh reality of Sims possibly dying in thunderstorms via lightening strikes, freezing to death in winter, and starving because they have no money and they can't fish and have no knowledge of winter-seasoned plants is heavily represented. During an apocalyptic scenario, stuffing an extra seed in the ground could mean life or death in the colder months.

In Island Living and with the most recent updates, living off-the-grid and having the chance to literally live in the wreckage of a ship becomes possible. In StrangerVille, you can live the wreckage of a downed airplane, but the town is a bit wacky so I wouldn't recommend it unless you fix them folks up first.

With the release of Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, and StrangerVille, it seems that the developers have a bit of a thing about taking care of yourself in a serious outdoor experience. You can cure illness with herbal remedies, explore the jungle and get lost in the ruins, and even destroy the MOTHER creature that's controlling the minds of the locals.

They are literally setting people up for a doomsday pack and you can't change my mind about that. They've even said themselves a few times on twitter about how much they enjoy the thought of a apocalyptic-style future pack, so it's not a far stretch of the mind.

I would just like to know if there's any canon things about this drifting rumor? HAs anybody heard anything or seen anything that would prove me right or wrong? I'd personally love that kind of a game, but I want to know what to expect with at least the type of world my Sims would be in, ya'know?

"When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money."
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
I know I'm not the only one who's noticed the odd things in the recent packs that have been released.

In Get to Work, the Sims 4 version of aliens were revealed and their powers weren't built up like in the Vampires Game Pack, so, you're able to have an evil, ruthless alien that can wipe some Sim's memory if they catch you, you can travel to a desolate alien planet, etc. You are also given the ability to care for ill Sims on your own when you unlock the machines a physician uses in the hospital. This can help when some Sims can't actually leave their home lot for whatever reason. Same goes for the Scientist career. You're left with the opportunity to create incredible inventions and use fancy tech to attract aliens or keep them far away.

In City Living, protesting was introduced, leading to what could be the start of a revolution when harnessed correctly in a future pack.

In Seasons, the harsh reality of Sims possibly dying in thunderstorms via lightening strikes, freezing to death in winter, and starving because they have no money and they can't fish and have no knowledge of winter-seasoned plants is heavily represented. During an apocalyptic scenario, stuffing an extra seed in the ground could mean life or death in the colder months.

In Island Living and with the most recent updates, living off-the-grid and having the chance to literally live in the wreckage of a ship becomes possible. In StrangerVille, you can live the wreckage of a downed airplane, but the town is a bit wacky so I wouldn't recommend it unless you fix them folks up first.

With the release of Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, and StrangerVille, it seems that the developers have a bit of a thing about taking care of yourself in a serious outdoor experience. You can cure illness with herbal remedies, explore the jungle and get lost in the ruins, and even destroy the MOTHER creature that's controlling the minds of the locals.

They are literally setting people up for a doomsday pack and you can't change my mind about that. They've even said themselves a few times on twitter about how much they enjoy the thought of a apocalyptic-style future pack, so it's not a far stretch of the mind.

I would just like to know if there's any canon things about this drifting rumor? HAs anybody heard anything or seen anything that would prove me right or wrong? I'd personally love that kind of a game, but I want to know what to expect with at least the type of world my Sims would be in, ya'know?

Could be the very last pack they are saving for us! We've got volcanos already and now we want the meteors, asteroids and monsters from out of space............
Smeg Head
#3 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 12:12 PM
Ahhh, that finally explains some of the long term glitches they never seem to fix. The worst of the bunch, simulation freeze up, all sims in the world stuck and unable to move, because some kid wanted to do their Homework of Doom. I finally understand! All this time we've been demanding a fix as more and more interaction fall foul of this "bug." Modders even trying to fix it! We've been getting the wrong end of the stick all along! Finally, by the end, the steadily growing bug - virus! - any and all interactions wil cause this lock up, the ultimate doom! Earthquakes, meteors, floods, volcanoes, fires and explosions. All window dressing compared to a world of frozen sims who cannot react to any given disaster while frozen in time. The ultimate doom! Now I finally get it!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 12:33 PM
I just want spiral stairs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#5 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Indeed, spiralling into doom. That is a common theme in both fact and works of fiction. Spot on.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Smeg Head
#6 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are you referring to the sims franchise or life in general?

....Yes

(Damn rules of posting have to have more than seven characters to be valid. Which universe is a single, three letter word not acceptable as valid English? The MTS universe, that's where. Where a single word is not considered as a sentence grammatically, not all things have to be said/written in sentences. Lest you have to damn-well explain why because of posting rules!!!)

Instructor
#7 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:23 PM
There is hope still! They've given us the washtub back when we go off the grid!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 2:58 PM
Doomsday isn’t a safe space for us to learn and grow so I don’t think it will ever happen.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
Wasn't Dystopia Future in TS3 supposed to Apocalyptic? Never got the chance to play that scenario, got sucked into S4 first.
Inventor
#10 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:51 AM
Doomsday already happened when they announced The Sims 4 would have three more years of content. It seems this nightmare never ends...

Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Wasn't Dystopia Future in TS3 supposed to Apocalyptic? Never got the chance to play that scenario, got sucked into S4 first.

It's quite Apocalyptic in the sense you can be killed at any moment by a meteor, there's a trash EVERYWHERE, Sims eat bugs, and it looks like Fallout 3. Gardening is harder to do because the air is filled with smog. I wish they had added mutants like in Fallout 3 to add an additional layer of danger.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 2:40 AM
Aliens were introduced in Seasons of TS3
Vampires have been around since TS2
Protesting was in TS3
Sims in TS4 don't have to have a job to make money. They magically earn skills just from talking to other sims and can become millionaires from painting.
Island Living doesn't 'obey' its own rules. Yeah sure, one may not be able to refill the wash tub for clean clothes, but sims have plenty of toilet water to use as those still work.
The use of herbs and things has been around since TS1 with Makin' Magic.
TS4 sims don't need the MOTHER controlling their thoughts. They have a hard enough time focusing on sitting down and eating a meal. The urge to play musical chairs is simply too strong.

I'm not posting these things to change your mind, but do keep in mind that game devs love to tell people what they want to hear. It keeps people invested with the hope / dream that they'll get what they want.

I'm not talking about when the aspects as to when they were first added. I know about these things and their placement in the other Sims games. I'm just saying that the Gurus (SimGuru Grant and Duke) spoke in a interview how much they and their fellow developers want to very much implement an apocalypse-type situation for the Sims to live in. They said themselves that they like the thought of Sims "as stupid as they are now" trying to survive that kind of setting. So, I'm saying that as they insert CaS items that seem very much like what would be worn during different apocalyptic situations (what is disguised as goggles and breather can easily be seen as a gas mask, and that bee suit is obviously what Sims can use when heading out in irradiated areas) introduce worlds and build/buy objects that appear to be from destroyed planes and a ship (maybe taken down during an airstrike), and even giving the option to remove the modernity of society by taking away plumbing and power are all pretty big clues that, as time goes on, more and more items may be added and we will eventually given what could only be an expansion pack because of the amount of things that would packed into it.

That being said, from the time I spend looking up things about the Sims and seeing what can help my game be a little more interesting, I've just found out a new pack is being released in the fall called Realm of Magic, though I can't really tell you how reliable that info is seeing as it came from wiki. I don't know how that'll change things up, but something like that may easily morph the story-line of an end-of-the-world scenario into something supernatural-related, now that there's more to add to the game beyond just the occult type.

Lastly, even though I think this is a better idea than of Moschino Stuff, perhaps the previous packs leading up to the predicted pack (if it will happen) are necessary to gather more CaS items, build/buy objects, and in-game animations that won't appear if those packs aren't present. I'd like to have this kind of pack but I'm afraid it's too far away. Here's hoping.

"When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money."
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 1:36 PM
The developers have been adding Off the grid items little by little since that choice was beaten by Laundry day stuff when Simmers had a choice of packs via SimGuruGraham's thread and Maxis are just getting their own preferred stuff into the game little by little. Shame to waste what they had already been preparing in case Off the Grid won.

StrangerVille added the most and Maxis must have believed they had enough for the Off the Grid lots in Sulani after that. Those who have all the packs benefit most eg: washtubs and washing lines in Laundry Day, corregated iron wallpaper and apocalypse ready bunkers in StrangerVille etc.

Off the Grid has now been given an object section of it's own in the latest August patch so there will be more with Realm of Magic. They might be thinking of an 'after Apocalypse' scenario rather than a survival one judging from the general happy tone of the packs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:09 PM
Can I get a link to that interview? It would be interesting to watch and or read, especially since Duke is now the new lead producer.

The Realm of Magic was announced a few weeks ago, it is supposed to be out this fall. As for the rest of it, I don't see TS4 ever having a grungy, post apocalyptic world. It doesn't jive with the game itself and would look really bad considering how they've repeatedly made noise about how TS4 is a 'safe space'. There are no burglars, police, ect... Sims can take angry poop although they will probably smile while doing so and they if they get really mad, they can kick a trash can over. When TS2 sims kick a trash can, they do so with purpose. When TS4 sims do it, I almost expect them to apologize.

no problem man, I only have the link to a quote you can read, because the original interview is in German, I don't know if you can read that or not, but I'll have the link to that site linked as well. The quote is from SimsVip and both can be found below.

German Interview

SimsVip Quote

I don't know how much has changed since this interview regarding the ideas of what the gurus want to do, but I think they have at least a small desire to have dystopian futuristic things in the game, even if it's just a few subtle notes like they've done so far. I would just like it if there was an actual end-of-the-world Expansion Pack. I'd be playing the game even more than normal, then.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
no problem man, I only have the link to a quote you can read, because the original interview is in German, I don't know if you can read that or not, but I'll have the link to that site linked as well. The quote is from SimsVip and both can be found below.

German Interview

SimsVip Quote

I don't know how much has changed since this interview regarding the ideas of what the gurus want to do, but I think they have at least a small desire to have dystopian futuristic things in the game, even if it's just a few subtle notes like they've done so far. I would just like it if there was an actual end-of-the-world Expansion Pack. I'd be playing the game even more than normal, then.

Since that interview is 2 years old I doubt that anything will come of it. We wouldn't want to trigger anyone with a dystopian future. Must keep the game easy and a safe space to play.
Instructor
#15 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 10:35 PM
That CAS keep all asserorys in the same place :-(
That we be able to lock make-up and hair
That we can random everything :-(
This is starting to get a little old now :-/

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
Since that interview is 2 years old I doubt that anything will come of it. We wouldn't want to trigger anyone with a dystopian future. Must keep the game easy and a safe space to play.

I'm not touching your reply with a ten foot pole, fellow simmer! All I would like to say is that I want that type of expansion pack and hope it will actually happen and have a great day!

Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

True that. We need death by new blunt trauma. Having sims tumbling down in a spiral trajectory is the most, if not of all, comical death.

I agree to OP. To the atrocious idea of being forced to leave a baby behind that's confined to a crib, which cannot be carried during in case of fire emergency, is the most cruel and wicked thing a Sim Family can experience in TS4. That, and the fact the government in the alternative Sim Nation reality has yet disestablished legal fire department in any of the worlds.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
True that. We need death by new blunt trauma. Having sims tumbling down in a spiral trajectory is the most, if not of all, comical death.

I agree to OP. To the atrocious idea of being forced to leave a baby behind that's confined to a crib, which cannot be carried during in case of fire emergency, is the most cruel and wicked thing a Sim Family can experience in TS4. That, and the fact the government in the alternative Sim Nation reality has yet disestablished legal fire department in any of the worlds.

Babies are the perfect immortal unbreakable weapon.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Indeed, spiralling into doom. That is a common theme in both fact and works of fiction. Spot on.
Coolspear, I love you.