Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 12:53 PM
Default Prima Guide (Spoilers)
This was originally at the end of the who's getting the prima guide thread but I decided to start my own thread so that more people would be able to see this info. I don't mind answering any questions about the guide so just ask away. Also to anyone who wants to know I received my guide yesterday from Gamestop online, but I am told that some Gamestops and EB games have them in stores if you are looking for them.

Some of the things I read in the guide are changing booths that will allow your sims to change their clothes to any that they have in their closets on community lots. There are fourteen new turn ons/turn offs which include great cook, unemployed and jewelry. The prima guide states that your sims must have $250 upfront for a sitter but I thought the chat said something differently. More coming later still reading. There is a npc character called a Unsavory Charlatan he is a thief who can pickpocket yours sims and he has a few disguises. He can even visit regular community lots and get your sims there. Your sim can call the police but he will not be caught but he will not visit any lot for three days that your sim is on. Also I read that everyone but cats love Bigfoot and yes Bigfoot can be a zombie and vampire but not a plantsim or werewolf. These objects can only be used on community lots they are the Noodle food Stand, Flapjack Shack (food stand), Tropics Food Stand, Speakers, Matt's Mat, Hotel Check in desks, Jewelry Rack and Souvenir Racks. There is one new family called the Traveller family. Consist of Dad (Trent), Mom (Trisha) and Child (Tina). The guide says that as a bonus this family comes with all available jewelry items. The pickpocket npc, can also con your sims by engaged them in gambling games such as cards and he always wins. One thing about the charaltan he is in love with Mrs. Crumplebottom and tries to sing her a song and she will either respond by accepting or by hitting him with her purse. There are nine different tours, bamboo forest, bird watching, glass bottom boat, helicopter tour, historic walking tour, logging expedition, nature trail, parasailing and river boat. The three types of accommodations are Hotel, Campground and Vacation Homes. There are three type of dances; Hula (Island) , Slap Dance (Mountain)and Tai Chi (Far East). There are also three different types of massages; Island: Hot Stones, Far East: Acupressure, and Mountain: Deep Tissue. You can learn how to give massages from the masseuse, she will explain it to you while she is giving you one. There are four sizes of beaches; 3x5, 4x5, 5x5, 6x5. Beaches can only be placed between the road and water. And there are six beach ground covers; ocean depths, ocean shallows, ocean's edge, sandier grass, standard issue sand-non-standard edition and standard issues sand-wet edition. The Mahjong table can be used by child-elder. If they are playing for money then teen-elder. The new foods are:

1. Chirashi, Ramen and Steamed Rice Bowl from Noodle Stand
2. Char-boiled catfish, chicken pot pie and flapjacks from flapjack stand
3.Luau Ribs, Pineapple Surprise and Teriyaki Mahi-Mahi from Tropics stand

Okay here is the price of vacations by day in advance

Now: $500
+1day: $483
+2days: $466
+3days: $450
+4days: $433
+5days: $416
+6days: $400

Your sims cannot stay in a hotel or campground occupied by another family. For example if you played with one family and saved them on vacation lot, you cannot take another family that your are currently playing on that vacation lot.

Once your sims buy a vacation home it is theirs and they never have to pay for it again. But they can only stay at the vacation homes for a period of time. While at the vacation home sims do not have to pay bills or go to work or school
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 1:36 PM
Any information about the secret areas?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 1:45 PM
There are three secret lots. The Mysterious Hut where you can get voodoo doll, Pagoda in the Shadows where you learn the dragon legend and Hidden Burrow where you can find Bigfoot. Secret lots cannot be placed on made can only be visited by groups of Sims with at least one Sim who has the map.
#4 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 7:04 PM
There's probably not much detail on this, but I'll take a shot :P

So, Sims can invite their vacation friends over for three days now right? I wanted to know if that extends to the rest of the sim population (i.e. An adult daughter sim inviting her parents and little brother over) or just the vacation peeps? Also, does it extend to children? (like, can my sim kids invite their new vacation buddies over and they'll stay past 6?)

If they actually answer that then thank you in advance ^.^ If they don't, well, thanks for looking for it for me ^^;
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 12:42 AM
Also, the massage can be used by whom?
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 1:42 AM
The bit about the Charlatan being in love with Mrs. C is really cute! X) I can't wait to get a picture of him trying to woo her in my game and getting beaten with a purse!

Dream
#7 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:37 AM
lol that will be funny.

I wonder if children can get massages?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:03 AM
Sorry guys I had to work tonight so I am just getting back. LilG135 yes you can invite any sim not just vacation people. I believe the book said only teen-elder can use the massage table I will have to check that one out. Oops sorry only young adult-elder can use the massage table, I find that strange that teens can not use it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:52 AM
I wish I could give you a bene, but this is S2C, not BBS (thank goodness)

So, is there anything in there that you found interesting or something fansites didn't put up? Just curious.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 1:05 PM
ambnumber11, I haven't read much of the other fansite material but if you any specifics I will definitely answer them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:45 PM
The types of things your sims can find are bones which can be sold, rocks (skippy the stone, rocky the rock and greta the granite), They can find a treasure chest and can be sold for $5000, they can find maps to secret lots, they can hit a water main, they can find seashells, a conch, colored glass, clams, starfish, jewelry (clamshell bracelet, clamshell earrings, clamshell necklace, seaglass necklace and they can find crabs.

Also I there are two shrines. The Spiritual Shrine of Old Blessings is the one where you throw the coins and hit or miss based upon body skill, the book says that these wishes can be good or bad. The Temple of Jumbok IV is where the Monkey God is and he doesn't like if you use soap in his fountain but I think you get any wishes here.

I haven't seen too much about the Pirate Ship so I will include it here. The ship costs $32,767 so unless your sims are rich they will not be having one in their backyard. Things you can do on the ship are:

Explore Ship: child-elder
Walk the Plank: child-elder
Man the Wheel: child-elder
Raise/Lower the Jolly Roger: child-elder
Fence with Cutlass: Child-elder
Climb Crow's Nest: child-elder
Plunder the Captain's Cabin: not sure which ages but sims will either come out empty handed, with a valuable item (in inventory), or they will flee from the ship's ghost.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 11:39 PM
What can you tell us about the ninja and the hermit?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by petallotus
Sorry guys I had to work tonight so I am just getting back. LilG135 yes you can invite any sim not just vacation people. I believe the book said only teen-elder can use the massage table I will have to check that one out. Oops sorry only young adult-elder can use the massage table, I find that strange that teens can not use it.

Ah the kids aint ready for their bones to be massaged by adults yet, just too painful...But can they use saunas?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 4:43 AM
Gyrobot: No kids can not use the saunas.

Okay SilentPsycho I didn't see anything about a hermit but here are the rest of the npcs that are listed:

Vacation NPCS:
Ninja: only in the Far East on community vacation lots. He is the one that can give your sims the teleport power. you have to click on him and choose learn to teleport and he wil give you a question that you have to answer. There is no right or wrong answer it is random just like chance cards.

Tour Guide: they give the tours

Unsavory Charlatan: pickpockter (see previous posts)

Secret Lot NPCS:
Wise Old Man: from the far east on the Pagoda in the Shadows lot. He is the one that teaches the Dragon Legend. You can only greet the Wise Old Man at first then you have to warm him up to your sim by either doing the Far East Greeting or by Serving Tea. Once he warms up to your sim he will then recite the Dragon Legend.

Witch Doctor: found on secret lot Mysterious Hut. You have to first Offer Help to him because some of his objects are broken so it helps if your sims have high mechanical skills. Only after his objects are fixed will he reward the sims with the Vodoo Doll Mr. Mickles.

Big Foot: found on Hidden Burrow Lot , Bigfoot actually has a name because Bigfoot is the family name, to become friendly with Bigfoot you sims need to know the Pound Chest gesture and the Mountain Dance (Slap Dance). Hygiene does not bother Bigfoot, but if he other needs are neglected he can get pretty rowdy. He quickly excels at any job because he has a ten for every skill and a gold badge for every talent.

Object Based NPCS:
Bellhop: check sims in and out of hotels

Food Stand Chefs: Serve food

Ghost Captain: he teaches the Sea Chantey but relationship has to be high

Fire Dancer: Teaches the fire dance but your sims have to have a lot of money. You also need the Scorchin' Matt's Mat.

Housekeeper: does the cleaning and repairing in the hotels

Masseuse/Masseur: gives massages and can teach sims how to
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:17 AM
Thanks! I also wish I could give you a bene! I didn't know that the Prima Guide was out yet and now I need to see who can I con to buy it for me !

Thanks for the Heads Up!

LaTasha

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 6:40 AM
Such a shame the kids cant use the nicer parts of the Spa, so wanted kids to just get a little cook up at the sauna house...ah we will just wait for a hack that allows them to veg out at the sauna...
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 8:03 AM
Sorry guys I had to work tonight so I am just getting back. LilG135 yes you can invite any sim not just vacation people.

Awesome -- thanks =3
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 1:11 PM
Thanks! I guess the hermit I read about must have either been the Witch Doctor or the Wise Old Man.

With the Shrine of Old Blessings, what are the different wishes?

Also, what are the different benefits of having a good vacation? Likewise, what are the cons of having a bad one?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:08 PM
Silent Psycho there are really no wishes your sims just toss a coin and the results are random. If the result is positive the shrine will glow green, if negative red and nothing is going to happen it doesn't glow at all. The results are

Great Secret: the next time your sim is searching for a map to a secret lot he will find
it
Vast Fortune: Sim is pelted by a rain of coins worth $1,000
Lucky Career: for three days there's a 90% chance that a sim will receive a chance card while at work and any choice made will be correct
Bees: sim will be attacked by bees
Scratching: sim gets poison ivy

Vacation Benefits: vacations are scored although you will never see the score when your sims arrives home a window will pop up telling you the result of your sims vacation. If the trip is good your sims will get to choose one to three benefits based on their vacation scores.

Scores:
Score range Vacation Quality Result
75-100 Great 3 benefits
50-74 Very Good 2 benefits
25-49 Good 1 benefit
-25to24 Blah 0 benefits
-60to-26 Bad Jetlag
-100to-61 Awful Jetlag & Cranky

Benefits:
Benefits Effect

Carefree Sims get an extra want slot for 48 hours
Cranky Nice/Grouchy personality is shifted 3 points toward Grouchy
Forgiving Negative relationship effect toward other sims are reduced
by two thirds for 48 hours
Industrious Sims gets +30 job performance score for 48 hours
Je ne sais quoi Sim becomes more attractive (+80) for 48 hours
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:09 PM
Here are the vacation destination lots by sort

Twikkii Island: Island Destination

Local Simology: High Charisma, High Outgoing and High Playful

Vacation Mementos: ate pineapple surprise, found a beach treasure, got a voodoo doll, learned a sea chantey, learned hot stone massage, learned to fire dance, learned to hang loose, learned to hula dance, made an offering at monkey ruins, played on pirate ships, went on a island vacation.

Hotels:
Blossom Wood Hotel: 7 rooms staring at $328 for single $682 for triple
Double Plam Resort: 5 rooms starting at $435 for single $835 for triple
Potterhouse Bungalows: 3 Rooms starting at $936 for a double $1,524 for a Quad
Twikkii Beach Hotel: 6 rooms starting at $875 $1,118 for a triple

Vacation Homes:
Brickstone Chateau, Brickstone Retreat

Community Lots:
Ancient Ruins of Numchuck: food stand, temple of Jumbok IV, hot springs
Fruitville Village: food stand, grocery shopping
Majestic Ruins of Jumbok IV: food stand, temple of Jumbok IV, hot springs
Seawater Beach Paradise: beach, campfire, fire dancer
South End Beach: Beach, clothes shopping, food stand, jewelry rack, pirate ship,souvenir rack
Twikkii Beach Boardwalk: beach, campfire, clothes shopping, fire dancer, food stand, jewelry rack, souvenir rack
Whitesand Hot Springs: food stand, hot springs, massage table, sauna

Secret Lot: Mysterious Hut

Takemizu Village: Far East
Local Simology: high creativity skill, high nice, high neat, gold gardening badge, disliked gesture: Mountain, increased relationship requirements for Kiss socials, increased relationship gains from gift social, increased relationship losses for irritate and prank socials

Vacation Mementos: ate chirashi, drank tea, learned acupressure massage, learned tai chi, learned the dragon legend, learned to bow, learned to teleport, raked a Zen garden, went on a Far East vacation, wished at the lucky shrine, won at mahjong

Hotels:
Flaming Dragon Hotel: 6 rooms staring at $640 for single and $777 for a double
Jade's Exclusive Villas: 4 rooms staring at $447 for a double $914 for a quad
Steaming Dragon Hotel: 6 rooms starting at $392 for a single $639 for a triple
Takemizu Village Resort: 5 rooms starting at $755 for single $872 for a double

Vacation Homes:
Green Thicket Manor: $33,140
Pearl Mist Estate: $26,742

Community Lots:
Immortal Zen Garden: food stand, tea table, zen garden
Lucky Shrine Park: clothes shopping, food stand, jewelry rack, lucky shrine, mahjong table, souvenir rack, stereo
Takemizu Pagoda and Market: clothes shopping, food stand, grocery shopping, jewelry rack, souvenir rack, zen garden
Takemizu Village Hot Springs: food stand, hot springs, massage table, stereo, tea table
Three Corners Food Mart: food stand, grocery shopping

Secret Lot: Pagoda in the Shadows

Three Lakes: Mountain Destination
Local Simology: high body skill, high active, high sloppy, maximum fishing skill, disliked gesture: island, turn on: stink, increased relationship and fun from play socials, increased chance of rejecting jokes

Vacation Mementos: ate flapjacks, befriended bigfoot, examined the tree ring display, got a bull's eye at axe throwing, learned deep tissue massage, learned to pound chest, learned to slap dance, slept in a tent, went on mountain vacation, won at log rolling

Hotels:
Axe Wood Campgrounds: free
Blau Hills Resort: 6 rooms starting at $438 for a split double $722 for a double
Hunter's Bedrock Inn: 6 rooms starting at $379 for a single $555 for triple
Sky Vista Hotel: 6 rooms $945 for a single, $1,289 for a triple
Three Lakes Cabins: 4 rooms starting at $309 for a single $790 for triple

Vacation Homes:
Copper Ranch Retreat: $30,467
Villa di Simoleon: $43,141

Community Lots:
Lumber Mill Range: axe throwing, campfire, food stand, log rolling, tree ring display
Smooth Rock Spa: food stand, hot springs, massage table, sauna
Three Lakes Market: clothes shopping, food stand, grocery shopping, jewelry and souvenir racks
Three Lakes Plaza: food stand, stereo
Wallowa Park: grocery shopping, souvenir rack, tree ring display

Secret Lot: Hidden Burrow

There are Specialty Lots to help create vacation lots

Hotel Specialty Lots: BV Inn (5 rooms), BV Grand Hotel (5 rooms)

In the Lots and Houses Bin they are community and residential lots that are unoccupied
Community:
BV General Store: island food stand, retail
Sky Arc Spire: mahjong tables, retail, far east food stand, zen garden

Residential:
BV Home $10,234, BV Estates $64,914, BV Mansion $128,484
Instructor
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:33 PM
Thank you so much, petallotus! X)
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:42 PM
Wow..that actually sounds..really nice. o_o I wasn't looking forward to this at all, seeing as I really, really didn't like Vacation for TS1, but now I must say, I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for the info. =) I love the idea of having a bigfoot character. And food stands! Yay!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:50 PM
Thanks so much for all the great information ! This looks like the best EP yet.

I have a question. Can you possibly explain how the whole honeymoon vacation thing works? Do you throw the wedding at home, then the sims get in a taxi and speed off for their honeymoon, or do you throw the wedding while on the vacation and then it progresses into a honeymoon? How does the game differentiate a honeymoon from a regular vacation?

Thanks in advance!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:00 PM
RabidAngel77 the guide says that you can get married on any lot community or residential , but the trip must be planned before they actually get married. Only engaged sims will get the book honeymoon window when planning a vacation. So only engaged sims will be able to book a honeymoon.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM
RabidAngel77 the guide says that you can get married on any lot community or residential , but the trip must be planned before they actually get married. Only engaged sims will get the book honeymoon window when planning a vacation. So only engaged sims will be able to book a honeymoon.

Thanks a bunch !

I hate to bother you again, but I have another quick question. As to the holiday homes, do the sims specifically own them, or do they just rent them for the time they spend there?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Page 1 of 3