Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC- Weird Squat Sims!!!
Hey everyone!
I got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to work on Windows 10. My problem is that, no matter what resolution I play the game in (everything from 800x600 to 5120x2880, thanks to the GraphicsRules maker), the game world and the sims are weirdly squat and stretched out! I'm attaching some images so you can see what's happening, as well as my graphics rules settings. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:31 PM
If you're on a widescreen, try ticking or unticking the "square pixels" box in the ingame settings (just do the opposite to how it is now).
If that doesn't work, you may want to consider playing the game windowed, if you're not already doing so.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 4:27 PM
For your game to display correctly you need to play at a resolution that matches your monitor. You can work out what it should be by looking at your native monitor resolution (right-click on the desktop go to Display Settings (this is Win10 I'm talking about) and look at what the recommended setting is). You can then work out the ratio of your screen by dividing the bigger figure by the smaller one. I have a widescreen with a recommended ratio of 1920x1080 - that is 1.77777r (1920/1080). Any ratio that has the same ratio will work properly with your screen. So 1600x900 would work for me, for example.

Having said that, as Simmer22 says, if you're on a 'non-standard' screen you might have to play in windowed mode to get it to work. Also, square pixels, as they said, might help.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you're on a widescreen, try ticking or unticking the "square pixels" box in the ingame settings (just do the opposite to how it is now).
If that doesn't work, you may want to consider playing the game windowed, if you're not already doing so.

Square pixels fixed everything! Thank you so much!

And yes, I am playing on windowed mode! Took a little extra messing with the command line but I got that to work. Here is the link to the tutorial for that, in case anyone needs it https://www.lifewire.com/sims-2-windowed-mode-840403