Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 6:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A file in Plumbing/Misc causes crushes
Hello dear people of MTS,

I have a mysterious CC file that crushes my game every time I click on it's icon in Buy Mode.
The file is in Furnishing/Plumbing/Misc, and is the only file in that section.
It does not have a picture (just the default blue background), and I can't know it's name or price, because clicking on it causes the crushing.
The problem doesn't bother me much, and after spending hours on searching for the file using different methods I gave up. I just don't have to click on the icon and I'm all good.

I'm just really interested if anybody else has encountered the problem, or might have any guesses what file it is.
Thanks!! :D
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 6:32 PM
Could be anything really - lots of things which would cause the item to have a blank icon would also cause the game to crash when you click on it. I'm sure there are many, many CC items out there with the same problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 9:52 PM
Personally, I would just delete it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 11:32 PM
I would too, but then how do you find it to delete it...you cannot click it to have the game give the name and description.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
I had one that would crash if I clicked on small electronics, plus the game would crash if I tried visiting lots where the item was present (it came with a few lots, but I also had the item downloaded separately. A 50/50 search, and going through the entire downloads folder for copies of the file solved my problems.

I'd say it's better to find the item than having the game crash because of the item. For all you know it could be present on a downloaded lot, which could cause crashes and other problems.

You actually have it easy with the 50/50 method, because you can easily see if the item is present. Test one bunch, see if the item is still there. If not, that bunch of CC is fine, so test the other one. If the item is still there, it's probably not in the untested CC. Continue until you find the item. You can skip testing CAS items, and other things you're fairly sure don't contain bathroom items, which cuts the testing in half, maybe more.