Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 10:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashing when entering the accessory section
Ok, short story: I was having problems when trying to edit the appearance of some NPC/Townies that were wearing glasses. I thought it was a bad CC, so I deleted some glasses and replacement. I've tryed entering the "accessory" tab in the CAS, but the game would crash when it came with the default glasses (female only), so I temporarily moved my downloads sub-folder in the desktop, trying if I'd able to fix it. In the end, if before I was able to see at least the CC in the section before the crash, then the game would crash directly after clicking the section.
My next step was checking if I had any packaged Sim/Body Shop project (very unlikely but you never know) and everything is clean. My last resort was moving the WHOLE TS2 folder and try with the vanilla game... It works.
What else could it be in the main folder? Should I keeping on moving to the desktop the others folders?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:32 PM
It's likely either something in the SavedSims folder, or a case of just needing to delete the cache files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 9:52 PM
Thanks a lot, It was the accessory file. I didn't think of it because it was set in read-only, but apparently the game keeps editing it.
Thanks again.