Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default placing objects on top of eachother
OMG I feel so out of it. I haven't played in so long and forgot so many basic things. Now that I started playing again I downloaded this beautiful organ that comes with so many pieces and of course some of those items need to be stacked on top of each other. I do still remember the "moveobjects on"-cheat but the items just merge in the same spot. please help me to refresh my memory and tell how to place things on top of each other????
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:07 PM.
"Boolprop snapobjectstogrid false" together with "Moveobjects on" will let you place objects pretty much anywhere on a horizontal plane.

"boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" will let you angle objects in a 45 degree angle (use >< or ,. depending on your keyboard setup)

If you also want to place several objects on counters, tables, and elsewhere, you need to use OMSPs. These can be paired with the cheats to let you place most objects anywhere you want, and on different angles.

A lot of different OMSPs can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=omsp&f=38

If you want the shiftable and angled ones (work best if you have Apartment Life installed), they're here:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/325570 (more heights)
http://www.modthesims.info/d/317716 (shiftable/angled)

And if rotating 45 degrees is not enough for horizontal angling, there's a 5 degree rotator here: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...ngle/id/816644/ - works for sims and objects, and can be combined with the OMSPs above. Hover the object or sim over the rotator, use "m" to rotate, and place the object or sim on the rotator when you're happy with the angle. Then you can place the rotator object on a different OMSP. I use this a lot for posing sims.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:03 PM
Also try hitting M to cycle through the available slots on that tile - this will fix things if the organ's creator made slots for the extra pieces (which I would assume they did).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 4:06 PM
If the organ is designed to be put together with this piece on top of that piece, the creator may have given one or more of the pieces slots, in which case you don't need the move objects cheat, as those pieces will act as shelves for the other pieces. If this is what was done, it should be explained in the place you downloaded it or in a readme file packaged with it. Basically, however, with the cheat off, you place one piece on top of another piece and then use the "m" key to shift it from slot to slot until it's where it belongs.

If it wasn't constructed like that, you'll need OMSPs. Again, this should have been explained by the creator. An OMSP is a surface object that's designed to blend in, so that you can stack objects which have no slots or which have slots you want to leave free. You might, for instance, want to place some deco clutter on a kitchen counter, and still have that counter's slot useable for food preparation. You place the object you want to stack on the OMSP, place it where you want it using move_objects and if necessary a placement cheat like snapobjectstogrid false, which will allow you to place the OMSP anywhere on a tile, then use the recolor tool to turn the OMSP invisible. OMSPs come at various heights, and some are even adjustable. Finding the right set for the job you want can be difficult, but again, the creator should have explained the use and possibly even supplied a link to a set the organ was designed with.

Good luck and welcome back.

So check the place you downloaded and any text files bundled with the download for further explanation and if none are forthcoming, start experimenting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:58 PM
Thank you guys so much for all the awesome advise and info. I have rechecked the creators file but it does not hold any readme files. None the less with your super info and advise I will experiment around. It's so good to be back ;-) :-)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
Helps also if you give a link to the download in question.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Mar 2017 at 1:06 AM.
I may have read the post wrong the first time...

The items are probably OMSPs. You need both the cheats (moveobjects and snapobjects) for them to be any useful. You place the OMSP, then put a deco object on top (not all deco objects will be placeable on all OMSPs, but most single-tile objects are). Then, if the OMSP comes with an invisble recolor, use the designer tool to choose the invisble recolor. Grab the OMSP, and place it so it looks like the the deco object is placed on the organ.

If the objects are not the square, boring OMSPs, but instead stackable deco objects, it gets trickier. Stackable objects can only be placed on top of each other once. If you try to stack another item onto two stacked stackable objects, the third one won't stick. What you have to do is to place as many objects you need on the ground. Place one on top of another, and then grab the item closest to the ground, and stack this on top of another. Grab the item closest to the ground, and stack that one onto another, and continue in this pattern until you have a stack as high as you want. The stack should only be grabbed by the lowest point, or the stack gets ruined, and you'll have to start over again.

Stackable objects are a form of decorative OMSP (OMSP stands for "one more slot package"), so any object that fits will snap into the slot.

By the way, is this the organ? It's so far the only organ I've found that comes in pieces: http://modthesims.info/d/286290
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:42 AM
yes simmer22 that's the organ and to my shame I realized something... I first placed all the parts on the ground outside just to see how many parts this beautiful thing has. and today came the big awakening... I moved one of the pieces "inside" and I saw the pieces are as high as a wall ...duhhhh... so of course the items in the picture are appearing as being on top of each other ... but naturally they are on the actual floor.
BUT none the less I am still so very grateful for all the tips and reminding me of all the codes that I have forgotten <3 i'm also very happy to still find people that play SIMS 2..... luv you guys <3