Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:35 PM Last edited by KengiPengi : 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Rainbow Particle Effect From Hands?
One of my Sims has this weird particle effect shooting out of her hands, anybody have any idea what it is? She's been doing it for as long as I can remember, but it is only her.

(It seems to be happening when I zoom in on her)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:45 PM
Happens if there are caged pets on the lot (hamsters or birds). It's the food effect, and for some reason it keeps popping up on sims even if they're far away from the pet.

It has happened to one of my sims from time to time, but after I removed the caged animals from the lot I think it disappeared.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Happens if there are caged pets on the lot (hamsters or birds). It's the food effect, and for some reason it keeps popping up on sims even if they're far away from the pet.

It has happened to one of my sims from time to time, but after I removed the caged animals from the lot I think it disappeared.

Ah! That would explain it, thank you.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:20 PM
It never happened to me, but in this case I think you can remove the effect with the 'testingcheats', using 'force error' and then 'reset'.
The Batbox/LotDebugger should have a fix for that too.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:23 PM
Yeah, there's a batbox fix for it. Not stupid expressions, but something with initials, V-something-something, maybe?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Yeah, there's a batbox fix for it. Not stupid expressions, but something with initials, V-something-something, maybe?

Kind of close. On the Batbox it is Nuke->Stuck SFX.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.