Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:18 AM
Cash Register skills
How long is it suppose to take for sims to get good and faster at using a cash register? My business are all now on rank 1, and still takes forever making a purchase, and they have had around 40-50 customers surely they will be good at it by now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:13 AM
lol 40 or 50 sounds alot, but yyour sims are dumb. just like mine. even placing a robot behind the cash register taking forever which is kinda silly. it will take a lot longer, eventually you get those bronse silver and finally after what seems like forever you get the gold one, and then still its kinda slow. so just wait paitiently
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 1:11 PM
Work on your cashier sim's body skill. The badge is associated to it, so the higher the skill, the faster it will be built.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#4 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 2:41 PM
There's a hack for this on MTS2 or moreawesomethanyou..
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Work on your cashier sim's body skill. The badge is associated to it, so the higher the skill, the faster it will be built.

I thought body sped up restocking, and logic sped up cash register... (btw, sales = charisma, toys and robots = mechanical, flowers = creativity, too).
#6 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:27 PM
My handy little guide tells me that it is indeed logic that is required to speed up the cash register
And body is needed to restock
(Exactduckwoman you missed off cleaning = cosmetology (the hair dressing chair))
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:46 PM
Cash register badges can be the most annoying to get since they tend to take a while; its especially bad when customers start to pile up. The only way to get the badges, without hacks, is to have them ring up customers. If traffic gets to be too much, open a second register and get someone to operate it, even if you only do so temporarily.

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kismetrose
Cash register badges can be the most annoying to get since they tend to take a while; its especially bad when customers start to pile up. The only way to get the badges, without hacks, is to have them ring up customers. If traffic gets to be too much, open a second register and get someone to operate it, even if you only do so temporarily.

and that really works? wow im (still) learning something new everyday. but in my shops i always have two cashiers (sp?) one male, and one female but if both are opend, somehow all the customers go to the female. and no not all of them are men :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kismetrose
If traffic gets to be too much, open a second register and get someone to operate it, even if you only do so temporarily.

I usually do that, but since sims don't like to walk far, they will still queue up to the nearest one, even though theres a empty queue next to it.
Site Helper
#10 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 1:05 PM
You could try having the owner "ring up these customers" on the second register. Would that work?
I got the less experienced one ringing up customers on the register which the sims went to, while the gold badge was working the empty one. When the pile up got too big, they switched registers. A couple of customers got fed up during the switch, but it worked smoothly after that. Then when it quieted down they switched back. ( I love how someone with no badge gets startled EVERY TIME the cash drawer opens! You would think they would expect it after the first few times.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#11 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
My handy little guide tells me that it is indeed logic that is required to speed up the cash register
And body is needed to restock
(Exactduckwoman you missed off cleaning = cosmetology (the hair dressing chair))

Sorry, I mixed them up :moo: but badges are built noticeably faster when the skill is above 5 or so...I tried it with robotics and it made lots of difference.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets