Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 7:53 PM
Default My Bloody Valentine 3D
Anyone else going to see My Bloody Valentine? I think it's going to be cool because it's in 3D, at first I was like nah I'd rather not but then when I saw the preview and the flames actually came out the screen and into the audience I just knew I had to see it. The movie is remake of a 1981 horror film in which a madman named Harry Warden goes nuts in the local mine and pickaxes a lot of his co-workers to death. He then takes on a group of teenagers having one of those beery parties that are the hunting ground of slasher film madmen. After knocking the eyeballs out of some heads and slicing a woman's face in half with a shovel, Harry, who is dressed in a miner's mask for the occasion, is dispatched by the sheriff.

Ten years later, the teenagers have grown up and now run the place. Tom (Jensen Ackles), whose father owned the mine, has left town but has returned, on the anniversary of the Valentine's Day massacre. He finds that his old girlfriend Sarah (Jamie King) has now married his old enemy Axel (Kerr Smith) who has become the town sheriff.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:09 PM
I much prefer suspense thrillers (think Hitchcock or Shyamalan) to the mindless gore of horror films, but I'll go see it to support Jensen :D. I'm interested to hear what those who have seen MBV thought of it- was it scary?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:20 PM
my friend said that the 3D added a lot of effect but it didn't have enough gore in it for her taste; she preferred the 1981 version. I've seen the 81' version though and it was pretty good, I just hope this one is better.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I much prefer suspense thrillers (think Hitchcock or Shyamalan) to the mindless gore of horror films, but I'll go see it to support Jensen :D. I'm interested to hear what those who have seen MBV thought of it- was it scary?

Once I heard Jensen was in it I about died. :banana: He's a big reason of why I am going to go see it.

Anyways, I am a huge fan of horror/suspense movies, so it's definitley a must see. The fact that it is in 3D is even cooler.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:38 PM
I so want to go and see it but i'm too young to see it in the cinema
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alliemarie2323
Once I heard Jensen was in it I about died. :banana: He's a big reason of why I am going to go see it.

I had the same reaction . Did you know that Jared is in the new Friday the 13th coming out on February 13th? I'll have to go see that, too.

Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:55 PM
I'm seeing it next weekend with my boyfriend. :D
I read the review on www.bloody-disgusting.com (GREAT horror movie site, if you're a crazy fan of them like me), and they said it wasn't too great on story and it didn't make sense in some parts... But they said it's a great popcorn flick, some great death scenes and nice gore. So basically... good times for me!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I had the same reaction . Did you know that Jared is in the new Friday the 13th coming out on February 13th? I'll have to go see that, too.

No I didn't, acctually. Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitley be seeing that one now. :D

Just Call Me Allie :)
#9 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:30 PM
Bloddy Valentine in K-town
The movie was filmed in my home town of Kittanning, PA. If I do go see it, it will be to look for familiar landmarks. Most likely, I will wait for it come out on dvd....going to the movies is too expensive
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:36 PM
It was filmed in PA?! How did I not know this?! I live in PA, around Philly/Allentown. I've heard of Kittanning, but I'm not sure where it is.
#11 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:51 PM
Kittanning is about 45 minutes to an hour north of Pittsburgh. If you've seen the movie The Mothman Prophecy, you've seen Kittanning. It was filmed in Kittanning too.
My boss's daughter worked at the grocery store, that appears in the movie, at the time of the filming. She was mad cuz she was under 18, and couldn't stick around to watch the filming or have a cameo in it, or something like that.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 9:54 PM
I went and saw it yesterday. it was packed full. cost me 19.95 for two tickets. straight up ...... and it wasnt even worth it.

Onyx Sims is now open!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by afinefrenzy
It was filmed in PA?! How did I not know this?! I live in PA, around Philly/Allentown. I've heard of Kittanning, but I'm not sure where it is.

You were that close to meeting Jensen and you didn't even know it .

Interesting that it was filmed in Pennsylvania- other than glaringly obvious settings like beaches and landmarks, I was under the impression that most films nowadays were taped on sets, sound stages, and green screens.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 12:55 AM
Oh boy, oh boy!I love gory movies, the storyline doesn't matter much, I just like seeing how the characters died, and there's a new Friday the 13th movie?!I'm so excited(13th February is Friday the 13th too...sweet coincidence)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:05 AM
Has anyone seen it yet? I went and saw it last night. I'll have to admit the story line wasn't very Original but it was a pretty good movie. There could of been more 3D stuff thrown at me though. I liked it; Not a FAVORITE though but it's worth seeing. Ackles played his character well...anyone want a spoiler? I'd be happy to give it to you and ruin the entire movie

#16 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:12 AM
I saw it last Friday and really enjoyed it! The twist at the end was well done and there were plenty of extremely gory moments, like 3D gaping chests with organs torn out all in glorious technicolor. My room mate despises gore, won't even watch CSI with me, hated the film. I think it's good though and there were a few scenes where the 3D was done very well indeed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:22 AM
Default extremely small spoiler
Quote: Originally posted by Brujah
I saw it last Friday and really enjoyed it! The twist at the end was well done and there were plenty of extremely gory moments, like 3D gaping chests with organs torn out all in glorious technicolor. My room mate despises gore, won't even watch CSI with me, hated the film. I think it's good though and there were a few scenes where the 3D was done very well indeed.

I'd have to agree it was really gory, and some parts just made me squirm in my seat. I liked the part at the end the twist and the bullet flying at you was so awesome Ackles has been boosted up to one of my top 20 favorite actors.
Jensen Ackles= da shit.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:04 PM
Is Jensen the ax murderer? I'm dying to know.

#19 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:37 PM
Man; I Want To See It Soooo Badly. Was It Amazing???
Instructor
#20 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:39 PM
Im going to see it with my best friend this week, im not a horror movie fan but we're both Jensen lovers so im sure it'll be worth it. Unless he dies in it, then i wont be to happy :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:57 PM
I already seen the film and it was so awesome! Yea the scenes were too violent but it's cool! lol Ackles did the role of Tom Hanniger really well. And the ending is just terrific. I just hope there'll be probably second part and I'd love it too for sure!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:30 PM
I've seen it on Valentine's Day and didn't really like it. But I'm kind of picky when it comes to movies and most horror movies make me laugh. But it was an average horror movie, pretty gory, 3D effects were amazing at some parts. It has a lot of surprise moments and that's about it when it comes to scary parts...
And I guessed who was the killer the moment I saw him, I just knew! :D

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 12:01 AM
thatsfancy...not gory enough for you? :p

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 2:29 AM
I saw it about a month ago and I thought it was terrible. The story line made absolutely no sense, the 3D wasn't very intense, and it just didn't have my interest. It was a good slasher film, though. I'll give it that. I thought it was funnier more so than it was scary. This is coming from a 13 year old, so I don't know if I'm looking at this the same way you guys are or not.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE