Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 4:18 PM
Modding the Blackjack / Poker Table?
I am in no way shape or form the right person to tackle this question, but I've been wondering and it's been bothering me:

Is it possible to change the mesh of the Blackjack table, and the layout of its stool chair slots, so that instead of looking stupid it looks like a normal table where sims can play poker?

TSRW doesn't like the Blackjack Table, and even though it let me import it, it wouldn't:
- let me save the project
- import my modified mesh
- or export anything back out as a sims3pack

So I'm assuming this would be a job for S3PE and adding scripts or something?

The script is Sims3.Store.Objects.BlackjackTable, but I doubt I could just add that to my modified mesh or even a Chess/Dominoes/Dinner table and get sims to use it correctly.

So, I'm just wondering. Because I really hate the look of the Blackjack table. It's great for Steampunk/Futuristic gameplay, but omg EA was a sack of pigs for not making a normal one.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 8:51 PM
If all you want to do is change where the sims sit at the table you can move those slots under slots tab in Workshop. What sort of error's was Workshop giving you when you tried to import the new mesh? I assume you are new to meshing so are you importing the new mesh in the right tab and with the right number and names of the groups? If you have less groups or more than originally or the groups are misnamed TSR won't let you import the mesh. As far as scripting goes, I have no idea how to do that so Im not the best person to answer that question.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I am in no way shape or form the right person to tackle this question, but I've been wondering and it's been bothering me:

Is it possible to change the mesh of the Blackjack table, and the layout of its stool chair slots, so that instead of looking stupid it looks like a normal table where sims can play poker?

TSRW doesn't like the Blackjack Table, and even though it let me import it, it wouldn't:
- let me save the project
- import my modified mesh
- or export anything back out as a sims3pack

So I'm assuming this would be a job for S3PE and adding scripts or something?

The script is Sims3.Store.Objects.BlackjackTable, but I doubt I could just add that to my modified mesh or even a Chess/Dominoes/Dinner table and get sims to use it correctly.

So, I'm just wondering. Because I really hate the look of the Blackjack table. It's great for Steampunk/Futuristic gameplay, but omg EA was a sack of pigs for not making a normal one.

Here is the part where TSRW has some copyrights on it. It doesn't make you want to edit a store item, even if you paid for it. There is not much you can do and nor I know if there is an actual 'bypass' on it. So I guess if you want to make it, you should try making it by replacing stuff in S3PE. I thought you can change the slots in Blender with this little plugin: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456325
I do recommend to use the blender version that's on the information page, since the latest Blender doesn't really like those plugins if I try to use them.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:17 PM
That's a good point green...I've often wondered why were not allowed to use any objects bought in the sims store as an base clone for our sets at TSR. Hopefully that plugin works for the slots, I myself have never used it, routinely move the slots in WS. Green, does that plugin work for changing the height at where the sims and sit and eat at a dinner table?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by metisqueen30
That's a good point green...I've often wondered why were not allowed to use any objects bought in the sims store as an base clone for our sets at TSR. Hopefully that plugin works for the slots, I myself have never used it, routinely move the slots in WS. Green, does that plugin work for changing the height at where the sims and sit and eat at a dinner table?

Well there is a way to bypass it all, but that means to export ALL the meshes, textures, and in this case the bones or/and the slots. Then recreate it and you have sort of bypassed the Store lock on it.
I've never really tried changing slots too because, say you have a bed. you've got some couple of slots that 'surrounds' the bed and if you would change those (or delete them) it will cause stretched sims or maybe weirder issues I don't know about. But I suppose if you would 'heighten' or lower the slots, it might make your sim fly. I once had this bed that wasn't the same height as a regular EA bed (well this was a bed from TSR's downloads) But for some weird reason, only the blanket because a bit stretched out, but because this person did lower the slot. So it could have a good result like this bed, or it could look horrible, as in: flying sims, stretched out sims (in a way where things get all unrealistic and you keep wondering if a sim has actual bones) And more... But it's worth a try! In either Blender (with the plugin of course) or TSRW! It just doesn't always has the result that you wanted.