Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2015 at 1:29 PM
Default Adding Swatches to Buy Mode Objects
I have seen some awesome items here containing LOTS of recolors, and when you go in game you are able to use the recolor tool! Currently I use the sims 4 studio and there is no way to add new swatches with out making the item incompatible with the recolor tool. Could someone please guide me through this?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2015 at 4:52 PM
Since you were asking me before: I use TSRW, with that you can add as many colour variants as you want (which will actually be in the same object). The order in which they show up (to answer your other question) is determined by a flag in the COBJ labeled UnkCommon06 in s4pe, see here for more info: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551120 . I don't think that's accessible from within TSRW, but not sure. You only need to fiddle with that when you want your colour variants to show in a particular order, by default they will all have a value of 0xFFFF in that field (I think I've seen 0x0000 too; 0xFFFF is what Maxis objects usually have).

I believe the underlying issue with "new swatches being incompatible with the recolour tool" is that when you stick different MODLs into the same thumbnail (I believe that's what S4S users often do to create more colour options) they are still different MODLs .. switching between the colour variants of *different* objects by way of the in-game design tool won't work, not with Maxis objects either, so even if/when they finally get around to fixing the limitation for 64bit instances those will probably still not work.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.