Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:58 AM
Default Glass Tutorial please???
Hi guys, I have been searching and trying to make normal looking transparent glass divider, I am having trouble trying to get my glass transparent.
I am using tsr workshop, gimp2 & blender.
If anyone could help that would be great, or if anyone knows of a good tutorial. Thank you
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by becmeshsim
Hi guys, I have been searching and trying to make normal looking transparent glass divider, I am having trouble trying to get my glass transparent.
I am using tsr workshop, gimp2 & blender.
If anyone could help that would be great, or if anyone knows of a good tutorial. Thank you

What object are you cloning as a base for the divider?

To get a glass divider, what I will do is clone an object with a glass part to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
What object are you cloning as a base for the divider?

To get a glass divider, what I will do is clone an object with a glass part to it.

I was cloning simcredibles glass divider, but I wanted mine purely glass, so my diffuse map etc didn't fit the mesh anymore?
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by becmeshsim
I was cloning simcredibles glass divider, but I wanted mine purely glass, so my diffuse map etc didn't fit the mesh anymore?

Please correct me if am wrong. If I get you correctly you want to have your divider purely as a glass. If it's OK with you can you share the workshop file so that one can take a look at it.

If you are not OK with sharing the file, can you show some pictures of what the problem really is, this can help to give advice on best possible way to go about it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Please correct me if am wrong. If I get you correctly you want to have your divider purely as a glass. If it's OK with you can you share the workshop file so that one can take a look at it.

If you are not OK with sharing the file, can you show some pictures of what the problem really is, this can help to give advice on best possible way to go about it.

I hope I figured it out I played around with making the diffuse map did something with adding a alpha layer & assigning my glass layer to it and it worked. Still wasn't intirely sure what I was doing so hope it works next time. But thank you so much for you help.
It's always the way took me a week to try and figure it out then when I ask for help I suddenly get it lol
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:19 PM
Good to know you figured it out. Congrats