Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
WCIF: The Sims 1 Glass or Mirrors Custom Content?
I don't know if this is where I should post this or if custom content is the terms I should be using, but I need . I want to build a home (house or castle) that is all glass or mirrors. I also want to furnish it in glass or mirors.

I'm thinking that The Sims 1 and 2 have been out long enough that maybe someone else has thought of this but, I am having trouble figuring out a search string that doesn't bring thousands of responses. I have spent the last month trying to search for these materials, including this site. I have found complete glass homes(furnished and unfurnished) that are absolutely beautiful(thanks to all the wonderful creators out there :lovestruc ). But I really want to build and furnish my own. Hope these are the proper terms.

I need to know if I can get this (glass or mirror) stuff in all aspects of the build and buy modes of The Sims Complete Collection? Well, actually in all of The Sims(1, 2, and 3) Also, can I put these custom contents into all of the neighborhoods of these games? If so, how?

I would love to download and install everything that I have found but I worry that there is soooo much that the game will slow down, freeze or crash because of it. Am I wrong to assume, if I just get the objects or stuff for the build and buy modes maybe that won't happen? Please help me with this. Thank you all for your time, talent and trouble.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM
I don't think such things exist in TS1. TS1 objects aren't real 3D objects, they're flat painted sprites. Making them reflective therefore cannot happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.