Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:30 PM
Default Mirror mirror & the horrid diggit text instead of reflection
Hey

So ahem cough mirrors , well i tried converting them but the mirror part won't align with the surface part and even if by trial and error it gets aligned but there is no reflection and the object shows horrid tic-tac digit text .i used the country mirror as base.

(Any idea how i can add glass/transparent texture to a sink?**)

Thanks D:
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:10 PM
When you clone a mirror you need to leave all the groups in the GMDC as deleting any of them will make it really hard for a mirror to be a mirror. So be sure you didn't/don't delete any of them. You can edit the shape and postition of the frame and the mirror (reflective part), the rest should be left as they are. Mirrors are a pita and it does take a bit of trial and error to get them just right. It might help to note the position of the frame and mirror that you cloned (height-wise, that is) and make sure your new frame and mirror are at least the same distance apart if you can't get them in the same exact spots. (So.. if the frame of your clone is at 1.5 and the mirror is at .50, your new frame and mirror should be 1 "tile" apart from each other heightwise.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:30 AM
okay thanks so much MLC ! thou even thou they r aligned instead of reflection i get weird numbers text instead D: any idea >.<
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:05 AM
That usually means that the TXTR is missing - the mirror (reflection) part is probably slaved to another Maxis mirror - or pulling the texture from somewhere else in the game -and something got changed in your package and the link is broken. I can't check in SimPE at the moment.. Check the Scenegrapher, which can be found under Tools>Object Tools, and see if there is anything listed as false.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:09 AM Last edited by LemonSalty : 20th Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM.
ahh derp checked it there mirrorboundingboxmaterial is "False" . At the edges of the mirror thou there are these lines in the reflection ...any idea how to fix that?
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 4:02 AM
Hmmmm... all I can think of is: 1) Is the mirror close enough to the "frame" - if it's not close enough that *could* be a reflection of the "frame's" texture 2) Is the mirror big enough?
Honestly can't think of anything else. I know I had trouble with a vanity's mirror once. I kept seeing a bit of black (the default texture of the vanity is black) and couldn't figure out what it was. The mirror needed to be made a tiny bit bigger - and I think I had to move it back a bit too - before that black went away. Which was frustrating because it was hard to see if my changes worked in MilkShape since the parts are so far away from each other. (I finally got smart and duplicated the mirror, moved it back to the frame to resize it and then moved it back to the original mirror. Scooting it back a bit was trial and error since I couldn't "cheat" in MilkShape.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:47 AM
okay gonna tweek them and see trial and error ! ^-^ ehh and those lines show up only when i am zooming at it otherwise it looks fine >>