Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:34 PM
Default Random Crashes?
I have a Windows 7 computer which should be capable of running this game (what computer isnt nowadays lol) and it runs really smoothly, but at complete random, the game will just close itself out and return to my desktop, no warning, no error ro research, nothing. It just closes out the game. I don't really know how to fix this. It's been a very long time since i have played the first sims game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:20 PM
it could be a piece of corrupted custom content ( i have had that somewhat)
every now and again it would happen to me, just close the game completely and find myself on the desktop.
at one point, i had to restore my cc and folders to the last time i copied things over because i couldnt actualy find the culprit (lol i have soooo much cc for sims1 and 2)
if you do have custom content, try to see what you last clicked on and remember it. i have one piece i cannnot take out because it is not labled with a name.(so i cant find it in the folders to take it out) its a wierd wall like placeable that is normaly in the wall section. a peachy coloured wall fence like. if i accidentaly click on it, bang, back to desktop for me lol. cc in odd sections are also often a warning item. if its the wrong sort of item (like the wall i mentioned) and it is also showing up in a different section (it also shows up for me in doors, odly enough) it could be an indicator of a bad bit of cc.
if you dont have any CC at all, then have you tried backing up your saves and uninstalling/reinstalling?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 2:22 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 26th Jul 2018 at 1:02 AM.
I think that even if you don't have cc, some files can become corrupted, which is why it's always a good idea to back up your game. Before a reinstall, it might even be possible to save the game by replacing the files with the saved files. I'm vaguely remembering stuff about anti-virus programs and a need to periodically defrag? That may be mumbo jumbo. Once a game is up and running, I forget what it took to get it there. I play on Vista, by the way.

Oh, yeah - there's also this thing. The directions are given for disabling it, but I removed the file and play without it. I also keep that computer offline since Microsoft no longer supports it, so I don't have to keep removing this file:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...phics-component

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.