Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:47 PM
Help with Blender
Help! I spent about 3 hours meshing in Blender, and when I went to create DMaps using CMar's morph maker, I somehow gained 2 vertices! The faces and tris are still the same, but is there a function in Blender that can find if the mesh was split somewhere?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:05 PM
Did you export with the option to keep vertex order? Which mesh is it? There's a problem with the male robe mesh in Blender, but I'm not aware of any others. If it's that problem (Blender changes the vertex list on import), you can try importing the base in Blender, exporting it without changes, and using that as your base in MM.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Did you export with the option to keep vertex order? Which mesh is it? There's a problem with the male robe mesh in Blender, but I'm not aware of any others. If it's that problem (Blender changes the vertex list on import), you can try importing the base in Blender, exporting it without changes, and using that as your base in MM.

I'm actually going by the vertex count that shows at the top of Blender when you have a mesh up, before exporting. Somehow, I have two more vertices than the base mesh. I'd hate to have to start from scratch, but I think that's what I'm gonna have to do!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:13 PM
If the number of verts changed while you were modifying the mesh, yes you'll have to start over.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4