Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:10 AM
Default I need help modding something, I have very little experience!
This might be asking too much, but I’m trying to figure out how to create a mod that makes the illnesses in The Sims 4 potientially deadly. I’d like to make it so that all illnesses are similar to the “Ancient Illnesses” Sims can get, but perhaps without anecdotes? And a bit more lethal that the ancient illnesses. I’ve done some searching and can’t seem to find a mod like this one, so I thought I’d attempt to make it myself, but I have no idea where to start. I have Sims 4 Studio on my laptop, but haven’t used it before. If anyone could give me a little bit of information on where to start, I might be able to figure it out myself. Any help would be appreciated!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:37 AM
How about start from reviewing XML editing ? I'm pretty sure that kind of mods are made in XML editing, diseases are under buff category in the game. Try to review some buff mods to take some pointers and ideas you can use or simply find the right XML address similar to any kind of disease exist ingame. In S4S to find some of this you can use Extract Tuning under Tools and search for "buff/".

AshenSS