Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 10:40 PM Last edited by mirabellarose : 28th Feb 2016 at 7:51 AM.
Default How do I remove the grey from the edges of my image?
I'm following a tutorial here at MTS that teaches how to convert Sims 2 items to Sims 3 and I'm having trouble with the image for the texture. I'm trying to remove the grey pixels from the green leaves. I'm using Photoshop CS6 for this.

I tried the magic wand tool but it didn't grab enough of the grey. When I tried to click on the grey, that, and just about everything else was selected too. I tried the Quick Selection tool, which gave me better results, but I still had some grey at the edges. So I tried to go pixel by pixel with the background eraser, but it erased all the surrounding pixels along with the target pixel.

What is the secret here that I'm missing? I'm not a noob with Photoshop, but I'm not an expert either. The knowledge I do have isn't giving me good results; I need to talk with someone who knows what to do.

Here's the image I'm talking about:

Thank you!

Edit: I'm finding that if I manage to delete much of the grey pixels, I'm left with a skimpy plant instead of a fully-leaved one. So maybe I could try changing the color on some of the pixels so I don't end up with very little greenery. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, the trouble with recoloring pixels one at a time is that it will take forever, and I may not be able to keep the plant looking natural.

Once again, thank you muchly!

Edit: Sometimes, the answer is so obvious it's easy to miss. The answer to this problem is that it doesn't matter whether I get the color image perfect. I can just color over it and if I can't "stay in the lines" it doesn't matter. The alpha layer determines what will show up in the final product and what won't. *facepalm*