Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:59 PM
Default How to create something absolutely brand new
Hi All,

I have a query for you. Not sure if this is the best place but here it goes....

So I was wondering, is it possible to make a core modification to Sims 3? Here is what I would like to see in the game. I am happy to do it myself, but I haven't modded games for a long time and would appreciate some guidance, especially if it has been done or attempted.

Can we make something similar to the Pets expansion. Lets say I want to make a Lion, Tiger, Panther, Wolf, Bear, Leopard, etc. which are accessible in 1 or all of 3 ways below.

1. CAS - Available to put skins/textures, etc. just like when you create a sim, dog, horse, cat, etc.
2. Adopt Pet - Available to Adopt as pet.
3. Find in the wild and "ask to move in" or "adopt as pet".

Please note I am not asking for new textures on existing meshes, like say a wild dog on a normal dog, is just a change of colour.

These new pets need to be complete with their own set of animations, sounds, skins, interactions, etc.- and playable! I'm sure you would love to have a pet Lion, come on?!!?

Has anyone attempted to do something like this before?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 1:07 PM
So.....yes or no....can we make new rigs for sims 3?