Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 3:16 PM
Default Bones in fingers messed up
Hey everyone ^-^ (I posted this problem on my Tumblr as well).

I have this problem with the bones in the fingers of my mesh (as you can see in the images) The fingers do fit the reference of the original male body, though they're slightly thicker.
Just like always when I attach the bones to a mesh, I use a reference mesh and work with Meshtoolkit, since this works better than TSRW's Auto Bones. Though, programs like these could make mistakes when it comes to fingers that are quite close to each other. Because of that, I tried to edit the bones in Milkshape 3D (I know that the fingers has a Left and Right bone name, so that won't be the case.) But this just made the issue less but it's still there.
And when I import the mesh into TSRW, it gives me this error: 'group_thin 2840 expected 2907 (not that these are the actual numbers, but just as example). Now I guess that probably is because of the Normals, though I'm not so sure since I did this mesh a different way than I normally do because it has 2 groups instead of 1.
I also tried 3 different kind of Reference meshes to copy the bones to, but sadly (even after editing the bones) this didn't really work as well.
(I'm aware of the gaps/seam on the leg and I still need to fix that, which I know how to do on my own)

Does someone knows what I could do to fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:40 PM
Nevermind! Solved it myself by replacing the fingers with the original male body instead of the mesh self.