Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:56 AM Last edited by Chax : 18th Nov 2020 at 11:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default na
-------
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:17 AM
In Ultimate Collection there is only one executable Sims2EP9.exe (M&G) . You find it in your Program Files-folder under The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9 \TSBin. If you have an Sims2.exe (probably from an old installation) it may be part of your problem. Uninstall all old installations.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd May 2015 at 12:59 PM
That can happen, that's why we say make a backup so you can revert to it after testing or use a testing hood. Do you have a backup of your neighbourhood? If not there is no other way but the hard way. Sorry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:29 PM
Yes it's a good way to test, as cc often is the problem, but they should have also said to make a back up or to use a testing hood. You also need to leave in any PT creating mods and NO Sim Loaded in. Pulling the download folder can cause Super Hug. Yanking your folder and using a family you play is not a good idea as it can also remove custom eyes leaving painted on eyes. I'm really sorry.

Do you have the house saved to the bin or to file? That's another really good thing to do, not just for this kind of trouble but if the lot ever gets corrupted or you really like a place and want another family to have the same house plan. Or if it's a downloaded house download it again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:32 PM
Well if I was you I would give them a new house, either one you have saved or a downloaded one and just start them off fresh so you don't have to deal with all of that.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:48 PM
Yes, take your CC out but don't load the hood/lot you are actually playing. Use a test hood/lot. The game will revert to EAxis objects if you load a lot with a CC object without the CC in your Downloads folder. It reverts to the object your CC was based on.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:17 PM
That sucks.

We all did stuff as new players. The first time I reinstalled on a new computer I didn't know how to move my files and I pasted my saved game over the top of the new install and ended up with sims and objects all white with red and black writing. Didn't know how to fix it so I lost it all.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:36 PM
Chax, I am sorry for this to have happened but, don't really give up. I backup my game every time before playing and then check with the hoodchecker. I learned the hardway to also make a copy of my Downloads folder. I know I'm just a noob here. There are soooo many helpful knowing people on this site. I would chance to say most of those people have learned a lot from thier mistakes. This game is quite a learning curve. It is a game however so have fun. Well, thats all for now from me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2015 at 3:22 PM
You should have a test hood to test out new CC before you place them in your hoods you want to play so you know there is no conflicts that may happen.

You should make 2 folders, 1 for Essential Mods and 1 for any mod that makes character files like PT mods and those barn animals and for me I name them Essential Mods and Character so I would never remove them when needing to test out new mods.

I hope you get your mojo back and start playing again for Sims 2 is a great game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Thank you @jimma. Guess I'm just going to back out from the game for now, till I'm not annoyed anymore and I'll get back to it.

I cannot tell you the number of times I have become that frustrated, and it's always something I've done. May I suggest that since you are a newbie, play the game vanilla for a day or so to get the hang of it, then SLOWLY start adding your cc back in, backing up your hood every time. It really is a very fun game

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/